Is there a red flag when your Ebay account and then your Paypal account have..... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-22-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Is there a red flag when your Ebay account and then your Paypal account have.....

Is there a red flag when your Ebay account and then your Paypal account have two completely different phone numbers?

I know that the information between a Ebay account and a Paypal account that are linked together need to be exact in terms of Name, Address, etc.

But would it be normal and ok to use a phone number for the Ebay account and then a completely different number for the Paypal account?

I really need to know this from someone that has used different numbers and did you run into any problems?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Is there a red flag when your Ebay account and then your Paypal account have.....

It can work, but its a risk that personally I would avoid when possible.

Why did you want to have one number for each?
Old 01-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Is there a red flag when your Ebay account and then your Paypal account have.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
It can work, but its a risk that personally I would avoid when possible.

Why did you want to have one number for each?
I need to have different phone numbers between Ebay and Paypal because im having a very hard time getting any of my phone numbers on Paypal verified and I know someone who sells Paypal phone number verification as a service for Paypal only.

I have asked him if he sells his services for Ebay and he doesn't.

I sure wish you could verify a Paypal phone number like an Ebay one because getting your Ebay phone number verified is a cake walk.
Old 01-22-2015

Longevity: 55%

This will be linked to where you live in the US, having difficulty getting your phone number verified on paypal?
Old 01-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
This will be linked to where you live in the US, having difficulty getting your phone number verified on paypal?
Yes I am having difficulty getting my phone number verified on Paypal.

I can verify my phone number on Paypal every time though when I buy it as a service from a friend I know do you know if I will run into problems having two different numbers?
Old 01-22-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
Yes I am having difficulty getting my phone number verified on Paypal.

I can verify my phone number on Paypal every time though when I buy it as a service from a friend I know do you know if I will run into problems having two different numbers?
You have to verify your phone number upon account creation otherwise it won't work.

What type of phone or method you used to obtain the phone number plays a major role in the verification process also.
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
You have to verify your phone number upon account creation otherwise it won't work.

What type of phone or method you used to obtain the phone number plays a major role in the verification process also.
So you're telling me the second I create the Paypal account and the very second I add the phone number on Paypal I need to get the phone number verified right then and there?

Otherwise my number on Paypal will never be able to be verified?

If I wait a while to verify the phone number afterwards it wont work?, If I add a new phone number to the account it wont work?, and depending on what phone carrier or phone I use it wont work? Is that what you are saying?
Old 01-23-2015

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
So you're telling me the second I create the Paypal account and the very second I add the phone number on Paypal I need to get the phone number verified right then and there?

Otherwise my number on Paypal will never be able to be verified?

If I wait a while to verify the phone number afterwards it wont work?, If I add a new phone number to the account it wont work?, and depending on what phone carrier or phone I use it wont work? Is that what you are saying?
YES that is correct.
Old 01-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

ALWAYS a risk when info doesn't match up - they may not catch you but why risk it?
Old 01-23-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
ALWAYS a risk when info doesn't match up - they may not catch you but why risk it?
If you read through my thread as I said earlier I need to risk it because I have a guy who can verify phone numbers for Paypal accounts and I just cant seem to verify my phone number myself at the moment to make matching phone numbers for Ebay and Paypal.
Old 01-23-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm701 View Post
YES that is correct.
You just need to use a phone number that you will always have access to for the life of the account when you make your paypal account and eBay account and I have used every carrier , many VOIP apps , whatever, as long as you add the number and keep the number for the life of the account than if paypal or eBay ever need to verify thru your phone it will work if it's the number used when you created the account
Old 01-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Hey after I verify my phone number on Paypal and then it still dosent match the phone number that I have on Ebay would it be ok and normal to simply then change my phone number on Ebay afterwards to the same exact number that I have on Paypal and have matching phone numbers?