Do linked accounts share defects? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Do linked accounts share defects?

At low sales volumes, Ebay accounts allow you to have up to 8 defects before you become a "below average" seller.

So if I have one account with 5 defects and, say, 50 sales, and I make another account that also gets 5 defects by 50 sales, will I have a problem? Would Ebay treat it like one account with 10 defects and 100 sales (which would probably get suspended) or do defects not transfer between linked accounts?

I sell a low volume of high-margin items that are likely to break in shipping and get me defects. If I could simply make a new account every 50 items or so without having to bother with stealth stuff that would be a good solution for me, and I'm wondering if that's viable or if the accounts would get suspended.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Do linked accounts share defects?

Accounts dont share defects.

Creating a new account every 50 sales will end in tears. At some point ebay will notice and stop you. Likely by banning all accounts.

If you have issues with items breaking, look to improving how you package your items.
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsquar View Post
At low sales volumes, Ebay accounts allow you to have up to 8 defects before you become a "below average" seller.

So if I have one account with 5 defects and, say, 50 sales, and I make another account that also gets 5 defects by 50 sales, will I have a problem? Would Ebay treat it like one account with 10 defects and 100 sales (which would probably get suspended) or do defects not transfer between linked accounts?

I sell a low volume of high-margin items that are likely to break in shipping and get me defects. If I could simply make a new account every 50 items or so without having to bother with stealth stuff that would be a good solution for me, and I'm wondering if that's viable or if the accounts would get suspended.
Both accounts are separate in terms of defects. However, if one goes down, the other will too due to you saying these two accounts are linked

Perhaps change what you sell if they are prone to breakages or as just_smile says, look into better packaging :-)
Old 01-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsquar View Post
Dont trust that 8 defects at all.

Try to prevent any account from going to below average.

It's not easy or sensible to be making new accounts ever.

Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Dont trust that 8 defects at all.

Try to prevent any account from going to below average.

It's not easy or sensible to be making new accounts ever.

So what would you advice be on buying new accounts GB! You are rights of course that it's is not easy or sensible to create new accounts these days, especially so far this year with the new ID verification checks coming in!

Sorry! Couldn't resist putting you on the spot a bit there!!!
Old 01-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Thanks for your responses, everyone.

I think I will use my second account for now (I already made this account several months ago), and sell less risky items on my primary account until I have many more defect-free sales. That way I can avoid making a third account, and hopefully Ebay won't mind me using two for now.

I can take some steps to reduce my defect rate like better packaging, but I don't think I will be able to have less than one defect per 15 sales on my primary product. I suppose I could balance things out by selling other things that aren't as profitable but safer.