What happens if you "accept a return"? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%
Default What happens if you "accept a return"?

Buyer wants to return item. I've issued a prepaid UPS label to his paypal email address. Buyer is saying he will not return it until he gets a full refund. Not sure if this is a scam but he is a new user.

Ive never "accept a return" before. This is a stealth address. Im not really sure how the process works and using my own UPS label. This can be done right? Or will eBay create a prepaid return label to my stealth address?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: What happens if you "accept a return"?

You don't have to give them a refund and under no circumstance should you EVER for that matter, regardless what they say.

Since you decided to post a thread about it your concerned, don't do it.

Usually you can take it by a case by case basis (factoring in the amount) but I myself always need the item back first then they get the refund.

No real company does it why should I? Ebay and Paypal backs you on this so don't worry..

If they threaten to leave negative feedback if you don't refund them first you can report them.

If you send them a refund without getting the item consider the money and what you sent them as a gift!

Somethings I don't budge on, this is one.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-29-2015 at 10:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015
Threadstarter  

I have no intentions of offering a refund until the item is returned....I guess my question was not clear but im concerned about getting this item returned using the UPS label I provided to the buyer since I can not have eBay generate a label to my stealth address.

My question is if I "accept the return" as Ebay puts it, I can then upload my own UPS prepaid return label? If I cant upload my own prepaid return label, and the buyer choices to not use the one I sent to his paypal address then im SOL.

Just lining up my ammo just incase..... I've never clicked that link to accept a return, always just sent a ups label to their paypal email address with no issues and when the item was returned i would just issue a refund. But this sucker is just one in a million or trying to run a scam........
Old 01-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%

Can you do this?

Tell the buyer that you are going to email them the UPS label
Once you receive the item back, just click full refund and avoid the whole 'send return label' part of the transaction?

You would have to send him a message stating that you were just going to email the label vs sending it through the system and hope he would be ok with it.
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 54%

Him wanting refund first before sending item back....big nono. Scammer for sure, especially with a new account.
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 65%

The funds will never be released to the buyer until he uploads tracking proving that the item is delivered to you, so until that happens, do nothing. If he threatens with bad feedback, let him do it and call ebay and explain the extortion used and request they remove it.

As for the address. If he uses the Ebay return system, then Ebay will supply him with the return address on file. I usually just pay for the label ahead of time and send it to them, or give them a return address I want it returned to with a promise to refund shipping cost. Whichever method they prefer
The Following User Says Thank You to Exile3 For This Useful Post:
user3657 (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015
Threadstarter  

My question is this,

If I click the link on eBay to "accept the return"..what follows next?
1)Does eBay automatically create a prepaid return label?
2)Can you upload your own prepaid return label from ups/fedex?
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 65%

That will depend on your account settings. You can choose whether to allow "hassle-free" returns which will automatically generate a pre-paid return label for the buyer.

Otherwise you have the option to work the details out with the buyer directly, which will allow you the opportunity to send them a pre-paid label of your own choosing.

Here's a link to Ebay that can explain it to you if I wasn't able to make it clear

**WARNING LINK TO EBAY**

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html