Fustrated.. Literally loosing money! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Post Fustrated.. Literally loosing money!

A few of my suppliers (In China) have raised their prices.
No matter how much I negotiate with these guys they won't budge...

Their prices are leaving me and i assume other sellers not only with NO PROFIT!
But, with a negative.

I even took it as far as messaging one of the other sellers and asked him/her
what is he thinking?!

I couldn't even read the reply.
I assume they're just cutting us... the middle man out?

Shipping bulk to a nice warehouse here in the US from a BOAT and doing their business...?

What are we doing now.. Should I start writing an eBook?
or do i Try out for the NY Giants?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Fustrated.. Literally loosing money!

You should try acting since you are already Rambo.
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 57%

If you're big I know the giants could use some protection for Eli.

But I have found the same issue as well. Ever since Ali went public they have become more of a retail shop as opposed to wholesale. Not to mention they have truly cornered every market on ebay and Amazon. the only thing working in our corner right now is buyers typically don't want "cheap Chinese garbage" even though everything is made there. Also the Chinese government just called out the CEO of Ali for selling so many knock offs and cheap ****, giving China a bad reputation.

Lucky for me I've been doing business with the same guys for quite a while now and they realize they can't sell nearly as much as me being in the U.S. Depending on what you are trying to buy, I might be able to help you out. For a fee of course
The Following User Says Thank You to jayh920 For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayh920 View Post
If you're big I know the giants could use some protection for Eli.

But I have found the same issue as well. Ever since Ali went public they have become more of a retail shop as opposed to wholesale. Not to mention they have truly cornered every market on ebay and Amazon. the only thing working in our corner right now is buyers typically don't want "cheap Chinese garbage" even though everything is made there. Also the Chinese government just called out the CEO of Ali for selling so many knock offs and cheap ****, giving China a bad reputation.

Lucky for me I've been doing business with the same guys for quite a while now and they realize they can't sell nearly as much as me being in the U.S. Depending on what you are trying to buy, I might be able to help you out. For a fee of course
That'd be awesom . Let's link up!
Old 02-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayfail View Post
You should try acting since you are already Rambo.
No acting bud. Just didn't want be in here all crying cause truthfully not EVERYONES supplier is someone in China...

Same thing I noticed with Ali they go public and think everything changes over night. They forgot to look at my feedback and the fact that I've been buying from then since before they could walk.
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo3 View Post

But, with a negative.

what is he thinking?!

Shipping bulk to a nice warehouse here in the US from a BOAT and doing their business...?

Rambo I think you need to combine your persona and e-book and go on sharktank then you can go on QVC LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to J dub 1984 For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 54%

There are two options at that point...A) find a new supplier or B) find a new product. I wouldnt take a profit loss on bread and butter items.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (02-04-2015)
Old 02-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Or you increase the quantity you buy to offset the increase. Not sure how much of an increase you're talking. If you have no profit margins or negative profit margins then its pretty obvious you need to find a new product or new seller.
Rambo3 (02-04-2015)
Old 02-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Or you increase the quantity you buy to offset the increase. Not sure how much of an increase you're talking. If you have no profit margins or negative profit margins then its pretty obvious you need to find a new product or new seller.
Screw it, i'm going to China.
Planning a trip soon. I'm done dealing with these middle men.
Old 02-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Sounds like a plan, bring me back a souvenir.....
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (02-05-2015)
Old 02-05-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
How much would a trip like this cost and who do you really know who to meet up with etc?
Old 02-05-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
To make an informed decision, beware that all these sellers who pretend to be companies do not even have offices. Some of them are even competing with you on eBay.

You will blow your money or spend a few more days trying to find a real supplier.
Old 02-05-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:

But, with a negative.

what is he thinking?!

Rambo definitely true. some of them are slowly raising prices and refuse to budge...
Old 02-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Sounds like a plan, bring me back a souvenir.....
Sure thing, what do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
How much would a trip like this cost and who do you really know who to meet up with etc?
Could be anywhere from $2000 to 3000 + an interpreter. Ill do a short 4-5 day stay. Just need to find the real suppliers and not these guys on their computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotebay View Post
To make an informed decision, beware that all these sellers who pretend to be companies do not even have offices. Some of them are even competing with you on eBay.

You will blow your money or spend a few more days trying to find a real supplier.
I agree.. I am starting to realize that. I have made outrageous inquiries and these guys seem like they can not do math . Lol. Hopefully on this trip i can go ahead and meet some suppliers... real ones.

When you say i will blow my money and spend a few more days looking for suppliers.. Are you referring to me saying I am going to take a trip out there? You recommending i not go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
Rambo definitely true. some of them are slowly raising prices and refuse to budge...
Yep, and if they're gonna be greedy.. we'll just cut them out completely
THE ONLY reason ill deal with them is because they are infact dealing with the actual supplier and negotiating on my behalf and keeping some change for their work...
plus i dont know chinese...

It's a convenience thing.
Old 02-06-2015

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
lol if you go to china they will rip you because your a foreigner, the chinese are not stupid, they calculators. What you want to do is find a translator and allow THEM to deal with the chinese trader directly, as they will get a better price than a gweilo price.

secondly, I think because of the inflation in china and the cost of production is going up, this is another factor why the "middle men" is increasing the the prices.

thirdly, I seem to feel chinese are getting a little arrogant compared to 2005, maybe because they understand that they are solvent and the US are in debt and they understand that there country is becoming a new superpower, if you ever been to china just compare it with the UK or USA you soon understand what I mean by the new buildings, roads, subway, trains etc etc..

forthly, they rather deal with themselves and make themselves richer than to deal with a foreigner to make the foreigners richer. For example aliexpress is just open to mainland china + hk + tw people, and they seem to be proud of aliexpress is a competitor with ebay and amazon.

However the only way to control the chinese is via the debt, if you have a good relationship with them and they allow you to give you credit then they are your value client, if not then you nothing It is best to talk in big numbers because that is how you bend them and show up with the big numbers (money).. if not then it's just all talk and it means nothing to them. have fun
The Following User Says Thank You to jak For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobrockz View Post
for a ticket 600gbp, hotel is cheap in the correct places, but the point is, he's a foreigner, they rip foreigners, you have to have the mindset in that they HATE you and never believe what they TELL YOU. Basically they lie and bull**** all the time, this is what westerns think is "wrong" but they have no morals they believe in nothing just CASH. What he needs to be THINKING is to get a translator and allow THEM to deal with the factory boss, and that is difficult because he needs to spend money with them or they not interested. Money is a magnet it attracts other money.
Old 02-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
for a ticket 600gbp, hotel is cheap in the correct places, but the point is, he's a foreigner, they rip foreigners, you have to have the mindset in that they HATE you and never believe what they TELL YOU. Basically they lie and bull**** all the time, this is what westerns think is "wrong" but they have no morals they believe in nothing just CASH. What he needs to be THINKING is to get a translator and allow THEM to deal with the factory boss, and that is difficult because he needs to spend money with them or they not interested. Money is a magnet it attracts other money.
I agree with you 100% which is why i will bring a translator or hire one over there.

So their vision of us that all we care about is cash?
Thats not nice :(
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

find some new products, get creative, never get comfortable, strive for more. and more and more

and youll never have this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
Rambo3 (02-07-2015)
Old 02-07-2015

Longevity: 60%

I have been to China, you had better have connections before you go. You'll be met at the border by a bunch of hustlers. You will stand out like a sore thumb. I don't know what your looking to buy but going cold will be challenging.
Youll be a stranger in a strange land.
PS The jet lag on a 4-5 day trip is intense. Better bring Ambien.
Old 02-07-2015

Longevity: 81%

You really don't need connections. It how you deal with them at the end of the day. Just remember negotiating with a Chinese will be long and hard. Yes they have Aliexpress but watch Aliexpress bite them in arse. Its matter of time. Its not like taobao where everyone excepts everything. A chinese person never faced a CB before. They faced how bad selling can be with America. Where they lose thousands of dollars. Its only matter of time when they learn its not that easy. Then you go back to with a better price.
Old 02-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
You really don't need connections. It how you deal with them at the end of the day. Just remember negotiating with a Chinese will be long and hard. Yes they have Aliexpress but watch Aliexpress bite them in arse. Its matter of time. Its not like taobao where everyone excepts everything. A chinese person never faced a CB before. They faced how bad selling can be with America. Where they lose thousands of dollars. Its only matter of time when they learn its not that easy. Then you go back to with a better price.
Do you actually think they will feel this way?
I have never had such bad selling from China until recently which is what caught me by surprise. Even people I have dealt with before being lazy.

Almost as if they didn't need the sale...
Old 02-07-2015

Quote:
I agree with you 100% which is why i will bring a translator or hire one over there.

So their vision of us that all we care about is cash?
Thats not nice :(
Of course they care about cash, they do not care nothing else. Money to them is GOD. this is how they THINK, if you have no money you nothing, remember china is a real DOG eat DOG mentality, they can call themselves "communist" as much as they want, but they really are a true capitalist society. Many westerns do not really understand this, they still think China is some back dated country.. lol this is because they NEVER been there..

I tell you one thing I first had the opportunity to go to china back year 2000 when I was a teenager, and then I went every few years.. believe me its CHANGED.. VASTLY since year 2000... I remember they used to have old VW Jetta taxi's back to 2005.. now they are all modern taxi's this just shows where they are going......... instead of trading with the chinese. You want to be thinking what can I OFFER to the chinese? This may be something out of the ebay think box.. but for sure they have cash and the laws for taxation is very good for chinese people and the banks offer high interest rates in china in RMB deposits, something the western media never talks about, and guess what? They never question where the cash is from, unlike the USA 10000usd limit and then they ask you questions :D