How to pay ebay fees & do it safely - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlikens View Post
In order to have an ebay account it must be verified with PayPal. They put a deposit in your account to make sure your bank is real. Then FROM THAT POINT ON you pay with Gift Cards? Arent you already LINKED from the start?

IM confused.

Secondly....PAYMENTS. I have a PAYPAL Debit and I instantly get my money...When you collect payments from ebay with PAYPAL arent you linked there too? How do you get paid without being LINKED to your PayPal account?
I have the same concerns, I have read the 3 pages of posting and I understand the Idea behind it, but I am not sure how Ebay will not lin your paypal account when you are force to provide that information when you are setting up Ebay sellers account.
You use you paypal account to collect payments from your sales right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-28-2010

Longevity: 78%

I think you are struggling with it, because rationally it should not make sense but this is ebay and paypal you are talking about, they tend not to make that much sense at the best of times.
The Following User Says Thank You to isitworththestress For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-28-2010)
Old 09-30-2010

well this blows...i looked into everything when i started al my 8 stealth accounts..i just didn't look into this. lol . damn i just paid a 80 fee with paypal...my question is WHY do they take so much money from us for just listing and selling our stuff..not fair! ofcourse i know why though...they get money duh..but still i wish there was a site with traffic that didn't have any type of stupid fees.
Old 09-30-2010

There are loads but you just have to be prepared to take a cut in income and work your socks off for what you do get.

But I still think everyone should be listing on at least one of the alternatives or their own site, as every sale off ebay is money picked from ebays pocket and more power to the seller.
Old 10-03-2010

Question Why AOL dialup

I just purchased the Stealth Book and have been studying diligently. I figured I had better do some homework on the forum as well before taking the final leap of opening an ebay/paypal account.
I understand the reasoning for paying ebay fees with a gift card.
My question is....
Do you always connect with AOL dial up, or do you only use the dial up when you make your payment? I don't have dial up...
Old 11-03-2010

Longevity: 80%

This is a really good discussion hope it comes back to life again
Since last written , there have been new rules i think? As I open new ebay account it 'forced' me to either link paypal or bank account before I can sell. So ebay and paypal is linked from then. Is there any point to pay by prepaid card anymore ???
Old 11-03-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Yes you HAVE to link a VALID & CLEAN Paypal account to your eBay account in order to sell.
But do your payments from your sales HAVE to go to the same Paypal account that you linked to the eBay account????????
NO they do not.

NEVER pay your eBay fees from your working Paypal account that accepts funds from your sales.
AMLG (11-03-2015), boltactionz (08-03-2011), charle (12-16-2010), digitalslave (11-04-2010), KellyK (11-11-2010), Mattcain (03-20-2011)
Old 11-09-2010
Banned

Ok, so I take it the gift CC's still work. Does anyone have any suggestions for gift CC's I can get in Toronto, Canada that work with paying eBay fee's.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Exactly GB, for every noose eGay/PP give us, there is a loophole.

You can pay w/ VCC in any country.
Old 12-04-2010

Here We Go Again - I see that you guys recommend paying fees with some sort of a gift card. I found a gift card that goes up to $500 now why cant i keep refilling this gift card and paying my fees with it? Why do i have to keep getting a new card to pay the fees? Whats wrong with using the same card to pay fees? of course i will be only using this card for 1 account.
Old 12-07-2010

Default Yes you HAVE to link a VALID & CLEAN Paypal account to your eBay account in order to

OK HWGA I think I get it now.

Add a re-loadable gift card to your ebay account.

Pay fees with that card

Modify your account to Let payments from your sales go onto that card also!

Ebay never touches or sees your paypal account?

I'm about to pay my first months sales fees with a walmart re-loadable card for the first time and read through this entire post to make sure I get it right.

Im still a little confused...am I making this hard?
Old 12-09-2010

What about if you always keep enough funds in your paypal account to pay your ebay fees, would this be ok to then pay the fees with paypal as they are not having to access your bank account to get the fees they are just taking payment from your paypal balance?
Old 12-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

^^^^^^^^^^^
Let me know how that works out for you in the end....
Old 12-10-2010

HWGA = Im having issues or missing the point. I bought a walmart card. But when I signed up over the phone it asked me for all my information, in which I am suspended on ebay with
i.e. name, address, social. Since this is a bank I thought I should tell the truth?

BUT when I go to pay my fee on ebay it makes me put in the address and info the credit card (walmart card) that I am using?????

Which will link me....I dont want to PUT ANY information on my stealth from my old account.

WHAT AM I NOT GETTING, im trying to follow your advice. I have to pay my fees by tomorrow!

Was I supposed to put my stealth info on the walmart card? i.e.. lie to the bank? (even though it is over the phone.........but then how would I get the card in the mail???

CONFUSED and running out of time....this is my first time making a payment to ebay period for this account....
Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You have to use the basic non-reloadable anonymous visa/mastercard gift card.
One where you can add the info to the card online.
I get mine at Wal-greens.

The gift card website:
Awards2Go - Visa Gift Card, Corporate Incentive and Award Cards and Gift2Go Personal Gift Cards
Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Let me know how that works out for you in the end....
it will probably work out fine....

tons of exec members here pay their fees with balance, I talk to alot of them, or with combination of different methods.

Uploading from bank or real card can show the real name on credit, so is best avoided but paying from balance is ok and so is vcc thats ok also, no need to get frightened by this thread newbies, as I can see some of you are spiralling in to confusion,

stealth methods try and give you that extra layer of precaution, but if card doesnt suit you for whatever organisational reason, there is no need to do it that way, I have so many accounts, that i have tried all the methods and in fact like to differentiate them by not having a set mode, one way Ive done it is, if you have a vcc on file with paypal that has a long expiry, pay with that but as a one time payment. Another way is to keep your vcc on file always topped up, so fees come from there automatically, or pay from or add a short term (2 month visa voucher eg 3v), on the other hand I have accounts that I pay from balance and they are fine for years no issues, why would there be, much worse dangers on paypal than that.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-10-2010 at 06:11 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
charle (12-16-2010), jnveed (12-05-2013)
Old 12-10-2010

Longevity: 84%

If you use a real bank and don't keep much money in paypal then you would be better off paying with a gift card but if you use a prepaid card with no nsf fees and always keep plenty of funds in paypal to cover fees then you should be fine paying with paypal.
Old 12-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

good point ^^^ if you keep a big balance, you should be good for the occasional chargeback and fees and some left over....

what stealthers may worry about is if you are say hit for NARU, all your fees are due but your auctions require refunds, and you wouldnt want there to be not enough in prepaid card or balance attached so as to get a bank dip if you are not quick enough off the mark.

Interesting fact, once on one of my europe accounts where paypal is verified by a type of vba (issued by my europe bank) when there is not enough in paypal balance or vcc, fees were due and I did not look at account in weeks and forgot to load, they try to dip from bank (even though they have had no explicit permission to) - it fails, but they dont know why, automated harmless message states cant list until settle fees and automated method lapses until I set it up again. I did one time payment and set up automated method again, and its been ok since. So proof they do resort to this for fees...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-10-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2010

Longevity: 89%

This has been mentioned many times on the forum where people have had their eBay fees set up to automatically pay with PayPal and thought that by keeping enough balance in PayPal funds in the account they'd be safe. PayPal is unpredictable and despite there being enough PayPal balance they have still drawn on an echeck. As soon as that happens on a stealth account it's just a few days for the axe to fall.

This is what HWGA was referring to when he said "Let me know how that works for you IN THE END..." It might not happen every time you use PayPal to pay fees if you have enough available balance, but you have that stealth account at constant risk for as long as they can draw an echeck. Perhaps they just do it from time to time to make sure the bank is still valid, perhaps there's no logic behind it, but we know that simply having enough available balance is not a guarantee that they will always charge this as their first line.

This is why HWGA always recommends in the first post of this thread not to use PayPal to pay your eBay fees. It works for a reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadSam For This Useful Post:
charle (12-16-2010)
Old 12-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

in my experience a bank NOT being valid is not an axe situation, you just get a message asking for fees to be paid, and you pay them by card at that point (they do not know what banking error has caused it) In fact a bank being valid is far more dangerous in some instances, as actual money can get taken

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-12-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2010

Hi

Where can i buy the gift2go CC??? How much are they?

Karen
Old 12-13-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

You can get them online at Awards2Go - Visa Gift Card, Corporate Incentive and Award Cards and Gift2Go Personal Gift Cards
OR
You can get them at your local Wal-Greens, that is where I get mine.