Tradekey - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-25-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Tradekey

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone here uses sites like Tradekey.com and Alibaba.com to source their wholesale suppliers? I'm not asking for any specifics just wondering how many of you use these kind of sites. I know they have alot of companies selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and Vero items. BUT ...hell, supposedly damn near 70 percent of designer merchandise on Ebay is counterfeit anyways so why not be the one making money off of it right? Plus with all of these secrets on how to open multiple accounts you'd pretty much stupid not to, with the profit margins you can achieve. For my personal account(my real name) I'd like to steer clear of Vero items for the most part and start off slow with thrift items and miscellaneous stuff from around the house and bargains at flea markets. I don't really have a line of credit i can use, or the funds necessary to purchase truckloads or pallets of liquidated product right now. And I have purchased a shipment of Jordan's from a Goldkey supplier before so I know it works. I'm just wondering how many of you use tradekey or alibaba from time to time? Plus any other similar sites you use would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-25-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Not worth it to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products. It's first of all illegal and gets you into to much trouble. I suggest you to sell real products.
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

many people have complained of Alibaba in the past about not receiving their items so i defenitely would recommend that. Im not so sure about trade Key but that site looks wayyy too shaky to me
Old 11-25-2008
Threadstarter  

I've used Tradekey.com to find Jordan Shoes for a very low pricefrom a goldkey member and they were good quality, I'm just wondering if alot of other people on here use Tradekey.com to find items to sell? Any ideas on categories that are good for starting on?
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaw1800 View Post
many people have complained of Alibaba in the past about not receiving their items so i defenitely would recommend that. Im not so sure about trade Key but that site looks wayyy too shaky to me

?typo? Should that read 'not recommend that'
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketscope View Post
I've used Tradekey.com to find Jordan Shoes for a very low pricefrom a goldkey member and they were good quality, I'm just wondering if alot of other people on here use Tradekey.com to find items to sell? Any ideas on categories that are good for starting on?
tbh, that's like asking How long is a piece of string? You have to know your
own business plan and work out your own category to sell.
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

yes sorry BIG TYPO lol
Old 11-25-2008
Banned

Basically if you want to make a quick buck then by all means sell the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and get into trouble but if you want to make your business last and make your name be known then go the legit way by selling authentic goods.
Old 11-25-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by John14789 View Post
Basically if you want to make a quick buck then by all means sell the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and get into trouble but if you want to make your business last and make your name be known then go the legit way by selling authentic goods.
Get into what kind of trouble? I mean we are all here learning how to do something that in itself is against Ebay's policies anyways. I mean if they shut you down for VERO isn't the whole point of this forum being able to come back at will with accounts you've got on reserve. Do you think they would eventually take legal action in trying to find you? I thought the whole point is your hidden behind your your bank or merchant account and your Limited Liability Corporation and DBA and all that.
By the way are Gaming Consoles considered VERO?
I don't think they are because I've never heard of a counterfeit PS3 or XBOX, but not sure.

Thank for the responses
Old 11-25-2008
Banned

If we were suspended from ebay and get back on there and sell LEGITIMATE items then I dont think that is wrong in any way. Ebay gets their money and we get ours.

If you get on ebay continuously to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items then you can have legal action taken against you. I'm sure there are ways to find a person and I'm sure that big companies can use those ways to get to you.

No I wouldnt consider game consoles VERO. But if you do sell high end electronics then I suggest you take good pictures along with your ebay username in the picture being taken.
Old 11-25-2008
Threadstarter  

I plan to sell a mixture of things some accounts will be strictly authentic powersellers some will be for me to get a quick bang and shut it down. Could even use a different merchant account with an assumed address for your VERO items just in case they come after you(which I doubt). I mean if your not using Paypal and your customers are happy they're probably not gonna ever freeze your funds anyways right? I'm just gonna study Modee. Modee said screw feebay and I'm gonna do it in the most profitable way possible. Modee has developed a way to not pay ebay anything at all and has accounts for over a year no suspensions. I don't see them messing with him yet. LOL
Old 11-25-2008
Banned

If you want to get specific details on how he does it then I recommend contacting the man and getting help from him.

He's an excellent source of help in these matters and more.
Old 11-25-2008
Threadstarter  

You make a good point in saying that a large company could pursue you. But I do not plan on ticking anyone off that bad (per account- just stuff here and there). Just keep your accounts from being linked I'd think you'd be alright. Plus I wouldn't sell anything that is blatantly ⊗⊗⊗⊗ looking(or operating) or that will get me bad feedback. There is plenty of OEM merchandise from factories that operate and look exactly the same as the originals but are just not considered "original" company merchandise(which makes it 10 times cheaper for some reason ).
I would agree that you should keep your authentic accounts in good standing and I would keep them seperate from my high risk accounts.
Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by marketscope; 11-25-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

i heard they are scammers, you pay, they take your money and run
Old 11-25-2008
Threadstarter  

I'm sure there are SOME scammers on tradekey just like there are even scammers on Ebay but I'm telling you I have purchased from Gold Members 3 times before all over 500 dollar orders and they went through fine. So there ARE good sell leads on there. Just don't be foolish with your money. 9 times out of 10 if they are a Goldkey member with over 4000 trustpoints and they offer a sample order they are not going to scam you. I don't mess with silverkey members or free members ever(because there are alot of scammers out there). I was just wondering if there are people on here who sell merchandise on Ebay that they got from suppliers on Tradekey.com or other B2B marketplaces like it.
Thank You
Old 11-26-2008

Longevity: 94%

If you're looking for branded merchanside on Alibaba/Tradekey/Globla sources, as most people on here seem to do - you're going to get scammed. Either you'll received counterfiets, and nothing. There is no inbetween.
Old 11-26-2008
Banned

If your going to sell some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then why do you even bother keeping them on hand?
Why don't you just dropship the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff?

If you want to sell authentic products in your own online store without having any inventory then checkout my signature and go read that first post.
Old 11-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

There are a number of reasons people have the products sent to them first if theyre Vero.

1) It comes from USA, not China
2) It may need slight alterations to look better
3) Not many have a 1 MOQ
4) If they do the price is high compared to 20-50 Qty

One would only assume

Last edited by Burst; 11-26-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

1 widget = $25
10 widgets = $22
50 widgets = $18
100 widgets = $12
1000 widgets = $8

You folks can do the math and see why it is good to have the items on hand.
From what I hear.
Old 11-26-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
If you're looking for branded merchanside on Alibaba/Tradekey/Globla sources, as most people on here seem to do - you're going to get scammed. Either you'll received counterfiets, and nothing. There is no inbetween.
Not very true. I've purchase from those places before and had a 100% success rate. It's the hard-headed individuals that try to buy Jordans for $15 a pair that end up on that road. There are plenty of good companies on both, you just need to do your research first or you can end up with the short end of the stick.

-HeG
Old 11-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

There are also more secure sites for that type of business
Old 11-28-2008
Threadstarter  

You're always going to make more profit if you have the item in hand, (especially if you buy in bulk) then if you were to dropship as john suggests. I'm pretty sure there are good connects on all three sites mentioned, you just have to find the right ones. Orion, What other sites would you recommend?