Struggling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Struggling

Hi Everyone.

Wondering if anyone can help me or give me some good advice.

My sales are well down. I do specialize in a particular branded item however it is a saturated market and things are flat. However they may pick up soon.

I obviously know that no-one discloses what they sell but things are becoming desperate and it is beginning to get to me.

If I diversify I am not sure where to begin. I have many accounts so that is not an issue.

At a bit of a loose end, and constructive advice would be most welcome.

Many Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Struggling

You looking to buy and resell a product or would you consider creating your own branded items?

I don't know your financial situation but can be a good way to put your own 'spin' on a product.
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
donkeykong2012 (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 61%

I've got no advice as such, I just wanted to offer my support as it's a crap situation that seems to be happening a lot.

Do you sell on eBay and Amazon?

Can you see what the people that sell the same product as you also sell?

Do you make use of the promotional tools on eBay/Amazon?

Is there a cheap freebie that's related to the item you sell, to get the edge on the sales?
The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 89%

I was like that few years ago.

What I did was research.
Has many would say on this forum is research.

What makes it easy is something I am intrested in and have some knowledge of it. Then I would look into the product, check the price and profit etc etc.

Mostly when a product was doing good last year can't be doing good this year. It would be time to move on other product.

If you need ideas just check other people auctions for some idea. Check the demand for it and make you sure it has been fully researched.

At times, when one product is losing intrested, I offer a free gift. The gift would something small.
Offer 2st purchase voucher.
The Following User Says Thank You to eternity4u For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015

Longevity: 59%

I always tell people to look for products that can only be obtained in their particular geographic location....

Many Years ago the painter Thomas Kinkade would come to my area (his hometown) and release a limited signed litho, only in that area....I bought hundreds and sold them on e-bay to Kinkade collectors who, of course lived all over the US and didn't have access, or even knowledge about these prints......

Stuff like that can be great.......
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The product I have I buy to resell on here.

I know I can reduce the price slightly and they will sell, however with no profit.

Things are becoming desperate for me, and my health is beginning to suffer.

I am anxiously trying to think up a game plan.

I can liquidate my stock if I have to, and either buy other items to resell or think up my own branded item to sell.

Really not sure how to proceed, if one of you kind people and give me an idea to kick off that will give me at least some kind of income that would help me think up additional strategies.

Feel free to PM me, its not been a good day and I have just returned from the Hospital for anxiety related issues.
Old 03-06-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%

Try to buy higher quantity and a cheaper price per pc and then you'll be able to sell a little bit lower? Only if you are capable of buying higher quantity.

When you buy products.. choose the slow shipping method (Like DHL vs HK post or whatever) for a little bit of savings.

Like someone above said, try to get freebies that can be included.

Add bold to you listing? Maybe make some groupings for a higher price and save on shipping

Depending on the size and weight of the product.. you can look into Regional (A, B, C) boxes for USPS priority mail and sometimes I save a bit money when using them. Look into UPS/Fedex for savings, again depending on size and weight of the product you sell.

This is just some tips from me that I mess with sometimes when I'm having a slower month. Hope I helped.
Old 03-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

My best advice is to do your research. Find a product you like and see what others on eBay are selling it for. Check Terapeak to see how many of that item sell each month. Can you beat the other sellers on price? Can you add value? If not, then that is probably not a good item to sell.

There is no substitute for research. I probably spend 8-10 hours researching products for every ONE new product I end up adding. It IS time consuming, but it pays off. There is no easy way to do it that I know of.
Old 03-08-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
Things are becoming desperate for me, and my health is beginning to suffer.

I am anxiously trying to think up a game plan.
Join the club! I'm starting to believe that every single thing you see on TV, the internet or in the newspaper is a complete lie.

In real life everybody is going under, the economy is shot, large companies are merging or going out of business, sales are down everywhere & the dollar isn't worth anything anymore. Look online & you see the exact opposite. You see people saying that you can earn 3-5k a month & there's all kinds of great opportunities & you can work from home & quit your full time job blah blah blah.

Satan worshippers won't let their children watch TV because they know it's a huge predictive programming mind control tool. The masses are all brainwashed insect drones. I don't think there is any truth on the internet or TV. Just endless BS mind control.
Old 03-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadow View Post
Join the club! I'm starting to believe that every single thing you see on TV, the internet or in the newspaper is a complete lie.
Well, not everything, but certainly there are a lot of lies out there. And things like the economy depend on where you are. The economy may be great in one state and still struggling in another. Kansas and Wisconsin are having terrible problems, while their neighbors are doing much better.

But when you are talking about the online ads that say you can make an easy $3,000 or $5,000 per month, YES, that is typically a lie. They want you to spend money for their "magical cash producing system" which is usually complete garbage. Stay away from MLM's, pyramid scams, get rich quick schemes, and anything else that sounds too good to be true. Because usually it IS too good to be true.

It is like eBay. YES, there IS money to be made on eBay. But it is hard work! It takes hours and hours of research to find ONE decent product to sell, and even then, there are no guarantees. Anyone who is trying to sell you on the idea of quick and easy eBay riches is LYING to you - eBay and Amazon are the most competitive marketplaces ON EARTH! Making money takes time and effort, there are no shortcuts.

Stealth can be VERY helpful, but it is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme. Many of us made mistakes in the past and lost our accounts. Stealth helps us to get back on eBay. It is also good for having many accounts to keep your niches private - or at least, as private as possible. Because if you have 20 or 30 good products, people will notice you and copy you. They will follow you and as soon as you find a new niche, they will jump in too and lower the prices - QUICKLY! Spreading your sales over many accounts means a little bit more anonymity and profitability. The stealth guide is well worth the cost, but it will not tell you WHAT to sell, you still have to do the research and the hard work.

The fact is, there is no such thing as easy money, at least not for most of us.