Increasing Limit questions WTF - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Increasing Limit questions WTF

I am more than a little bit upset with this forum. I have read almost every post about getting limits increased. I am using a friends name, address and a legit phone number. They gave me 5/500 so I waited two months and since I did not get an increase I called in for an increase. I was ILL PREPARED for the questions. He has lived in his house for 8 years, drives a blue pickup truck and his kids names are A****, Adam, and M****, his wife's name is Ruby. I know where he works as he has worked for me for 13 years. So here is the rub.

They said no problema and asked me what I planned on selling. Answer: extra hobby stuff I have collected for 20 years. Then the bombshells started coming.

1. When did you own a gold mirage?
2. Did you attend the following schools and then listed 5 in central florida
3. Which of these addresses did you live at in Brandon Florida?
4. What professional licenses do you have of the following and listed 5.
5. WHat year did you live in bumf^ck mississippie
6 And on and on and on.
7. Then they listed 5 addresses in the town I live in and asked which one I lived in.

My Answers
1. Gosh I do not know what year I sold my mirage (I remember he had one)
2. I never attended school in Central florida
3. Dont have any idea where Brandon is and neve lived there?
4. The only license I have is a drivers license and food safety license as I am in food business.
5. Never lived in that city in Mississippi (I Know for 15 years he hasnt lived in Miss)
6. Dont know
7. Well some of those addresses sound familair but my daughter has lived in like 8-10 apartments and I had to get all of those leases in my name, but dont remember any of those specifically.

NOT ONCE did any of the threads I read prepare me for this.

SO LONG STORY SHORT I can now list 9 THAT IS RIGHT NINE. items a month now and maybe next month can get an increase.
WTF< WTF

I also asked would I get an automatic increase and they said if I dont I can call back in after 45 days. Dont want to go through with all those unknown questions again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Increasing Limit questions WTF

you cannot blame the forum if YOU choose to only post a thread AFTER you called ebay, if you were uncertain about the answers or outcome, you should have asked before hand.

So the only person at fault is YOU and not the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
colt63 (04-10-2015)
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

calling isn't preferred here on the forums. You should definitely ask first because you can't just erase a screw up.
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

It has been mentioned in the threads not to call in for limit increases because you could be drug through the database questions. I do not know exactly where, but I know I have read it more than once. There are countless posts that urge members not to ever call in to ebay, especially for limit increases.

In the 2 months that you was waiting for a limit increase, was you listing items to your maximum? A lot of ppl have reported that they are getting fast limit increases on the 5/500 accounts; whereas, it usually took about 3 months to get your first limit increase.

9 is a weird number, but at least you got something instead of a suspension.
Old 04-03-2015

Longevity: 73%

About 95% of the forum members say calling in is a mistake.

I've seen people talk about the questions hundreds of times.

EB requires extreme patience and a rhino-thick hide.
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Don't try and blame this Forum for your screw-up.....that's just lame. Instead of doing something stupid like calling in and then asking the forum, perhaps ASKING the forum 1st would of been a better choice, how moronic to blame the forum for your screw up......
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Forum recommendation has long been NOT to call eB. You made the decision OP to go against - some ppl succeed, some fail...make new accounts and build them.

It's the life of business - some failures, some successes - you cannot be upset at a forum. I have gone against recommendations with some failures, some successes - I always have options and backups. I don't blame anyone/any post for my actions that have led to problems.
Old 04-04-2015

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Forum recommendation has long been NOT to call eB. You made the decision OP to go against - some ppl succeed, some fail...make new accounts and build them.

It's the life of business - some failures, some successes - you cannot be upset at a forum. I have gone against recommendations with some failures, some successes - I always have options and backups. I don't blame anyone/any post for my actions that have led to problems.
I agree 100%. If you really read the forum you would know every situation is different. We all sell different things, this plays a very crucial role in the outcome of accounts growth and increases. We have no idea what you sell or your selling history.

Blaming the forum is really just blaming yourself for not understand the process. I'm sure most of us had learning curves in stealth, instead of blaming the forum look at what happened and learn from it. Or pick a different profession, it's really that simple.
Old 04-04-2015

Longevity: 94%

if you HAD to call in and you know the guy why didnt you just have him call? that makes much more sense. i mean ebay has no idea what you sound like. if im using a friends info id have them call. because those public record questions really do throw some curveballs sometimes
The Following User Says Thank You to sdot10 For This Useful Post:
gosunsplease (04-06-2015)
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I am more than a little bit upset with this forum. I have read almost every post about getting limits increased. I am using a friends name, address and a legit phone number. They gave me 5/500 so I waited two months and since I did not get an increase I called in for an increase. I was ILL PREPARED for the questions. He has lived in his house for 8 years, drives a blue pickup truck and his kids names are A****, Adam, and M****, his wife's name is Ruby. I know where he works as he has worked for me for 13 years. So here is the rub.
Upset? That's a real shame isn't. Call the complaint helpline and ask for a refund on your subscription.

The number is:- 555-STICK-IT-UP-UR-ARSE

You never mentioned if you had permission to use your friend's information. Perhaps next time when you use someone else's identity (with their permission), get them to make the call for you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (04-04-2015), colt63 (04-10-2015), GreenBean (04-04-2015), Haidukken (04-04-2015)
Old 04-04-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

You can blame the forum all you want, but the most important part of your post is whether you had permission from your friend to use his information. Perhaps you tried to commit identity fraud with your friends information and are misplacing the blame on us.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Ebayorbust (04-04-2015)
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Should never use anyone's real identity, especially if you didnt have permission that would be identity theft, and even if you had permission its not the most preferred way of doing things / also as others have said very rarely do you ever see anyone here recommend calling
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Should never use anyone's real identity, especially if you didnt have permission that would be identity theft, and even if you had permission its not the most preferred way of doing things / also as others have said very rarely do you ever see anyone here recommend calling
Spot on.

It's a sad state of affairs that some people choose to ignore this in order to make a fast buck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
123 (04-04-2015)
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Upset? That's a real shame isn't. Call the complaint helpline and ask for a refund on your subscription.

The number is:- 555-STICK-IT-UP-UR-ARSE
Erm... I think you've got the old number there mate. The new one is:

0800-GONE-FULL-RETARDED-ON-THE-FORUM

Last time I gave them a call they were more than helpful. By question 6 I told them that I don't know the answers because I've used my friends details and was just hoping to get away with it and get 5000/25000 limits because that's what the forum had told me.
They were really good with me, I went from 5/500 to 0/0 but they promised they will send some agents over to talk to me about identify theft and she also said that they would get me back to where I belong in terms of my place in life in general.
I've not looked back ever since and I'm now a Dildo salesman and everything is going great.

Old 04-04-2015

To get limits increase, sell something not so expensive, hit monthly limit. It will increase them next month automatically, in case if everything will sell. There is also a link at EB page, to request higher limits, hit that after a month, should work. But they will ask for an ID. Or, as mentioned above, just sell, hit limits, wait...
Old 04-04-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
To get limits increase, sell something not so expensive, hit monthly limit. It will increase them next month automatically, in case if everything will sell. There is also a link at EB page, to request higher limits, hit that after a month, should work. But they will ask for an ID. Or, as mentioned above, just sell, hit limits, wait...
Totally incorrect! There is no "automatic" increase if you sell to your limits.
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
On what planet of ebay will this happen?

Muzzieland?

This is not what happens. Please stop the bull sh*t exaggerations.

Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

/golfclap all - scared away the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Blood (04-11-2015)
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
On what planet of ebay will this happen?

Muzzieland?

This is not what happens. Please stop the bull sh*t exaggerations.

He has same avatar as yankee, so he can come up with some **** and get away with it- People will never trust the mouse avatar again, probably need to warn yankee.
Old 04-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Cool a lot of good answers NOW. LOL. I should have had my friend call. Nothing like a little pot stirring. The main reason I posted was to let everyone know the kind of questions that will be asked so be prepared. IF you are using bogus names (or real people names) then you will be in for a shock. I have another account with 500/$25,000 so no hurt on this end but MOST threads I saw said they "mostly" ask what you will be selling and I had that all lined out. So LIGHTEN UP EVERYONE, it was mostly a joke.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
Blood (04-11-2015)
Old 04-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin9999 View Post
Totally incorrect! There is no "automatic" increase if you sell to your limits.
Yes there is....
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (04-04-2015)
Old 04-04-2015

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Yes there is....
Agreed.

I've never asked, they just automatically happen for me if I sell to my limit the previous month.