Selling positive feedback on EBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Selling positive feedback on EBay?

Hi everyone!

Not sure if this has been brought up before!

But lately I have seen some auctions from sellers selling positive feedback for 0.99 cents.

I think its a good idea!

I have no problem with it!

Hardly anyone ever leaves feedback on EBay anymore! I mean positive that is there fast enough to leave a negative!

Do you think EBay will ban the selling of positive feedback eventually?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Selling positive feedback on EBay?

NO. Stay away from that crap. EBAY is dumb, but not that dumb.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-27-2015)
Old 05-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs777uk View Post
Not sure if this has been brought up before!
Yes, it's been brought up a few dozen times before.....

Quote:
But lately I have seen some auctions from sellers selling positive feedback for 0.99 cents.

I think its a good idea!
No, it's dumb and it doesn't last, Ebay will take down the listing and take away the positive feedback...it's stupid and pure laziness.

Quote:
I have no problem with it!
That's nice.

Quote:
Hardly anyone ever leaves feedback on EBay anymore! I mean positive that is there fast enough to leave a negative!
Again, eventually Ebay will find it and trust me....they have tools, filters, bots to find these listings.

Quote:
Do you think EBay will ban the selling of positive feedback eventually?
Duh, they do it all the time.
Old 05-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

Been brought up plenty of times before and its always a terrible idea. Don't do it. Just think about how many other accounts youll be linked to who bought this feedback. So not worth it...
Old 05-26-2015
Threadstarter  

I wasn't going to do it myself!

I see other people selling digital pictures etc for a penny and raking in the feedback!

I got my first negative today & was looking how to boost my feedback back up!

It really hurt my account cause i only have 75 feedbacks...

I offered the woman a full refund etc etc but she doesn't want to know, just one of those evil buyers.

Anyway I guess i'll crack on & try & sell some more stuff & get my feedback back up there!

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mjs777uk For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-27-2015)
Old 05-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs777uk View Post
I see other people selling digital pictures etc for a penny and raking in the feedback!
Yeah and it won't work.....Ebay is hip to this crap.....If you want to gamble your account then go right ahead but if you do and you get caught....please don't come back crying that you got caught....and how others are doing it too, etc.

Quote:
I got my first negative today & was looking how to boost my feedback back up!
Keep selling and try to build real feedback, not f@ke feedback.
Old 05-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Yeah I hear you!

I thought maybe just to boost my EBay feedback i could get like 1 100 x iphone 5s screen protectors from china for like $15 and resell them on ebay for like a $1 free ship.

No money in it!

But would increase my feedback a little bit! one would hope anyway!
Old 05-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

If you want to boost your feedback, do it the RIGHT way.

Buy a bunch of .99 cent free shipping crap from China. REAL stuff, not digital photos.

Make sure you only buy 1 item per seller, as eBay only allows 1 feedback per seller per week.

Spend 15-20 bucks, and get some good stuff while you're at it.

True story, I just purchased a few pairs of aviator sunglasses for 1.19 each from China, free shipping.

Problem solved.
Old 05-27-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

If I ever in a position that really, badly require me to get an instant positive feedback, I'd rather do that myself than paying someone else 99 cent to do it. Your stealth accounts are supposed to be stealth, which means ebay should never be able to link them each other in any way. That being said, exchanging feedback between them should be okay.

I know it might link them, but I have a second thought. If giving a feedback can create linking, then all of my accounts should be linked to all of my buyers that gave me a positive feedback, right? Well that just doesn't make sense.

I would list something not so cheap (around $5 is fine) and have one of my stealth purchase it, then I'd ship a dummy item to any address within the same zip, once delivered give a positive feedback. If you concern about ebay's sense of reality, you might as well ask a question, watch, bid, or best offer before you buy.

Well, I've never tried that before, its just my humble opinion about feedback exchange. Do it at your own risk.
Old 05-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgesdavid684 View Post
If I ever in a position that really, badly require me to get an instant positive feedback, I'd rather do that myself than paying someone else 99 cent to do it. Your stealth accounts are supposed to be stealth, which means ebay should never be able to link them each other in any way. That being said, exchanging feedback between them should be okay.
What he's saying is, everyone who is "buying feedback" probably has a shady reason for doing so....and you don't want YOUR new account becoming "guilty by association".

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 05-27-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

It is called feedback manipulation and breaks ebays policies.

You can be banned for it. Really not worth it for a bit of feedback. Especially when its the sales not the feedback that matter these days.
Old 05-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Those sellers doing that are BEGGING to be banned
Old 05-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Buy one or two cheap items "real" items. Buy like a iPhone cable or something like that. Get a couple feedback that is the best you can do. Definitely don't overdue it. It will help soften the blow you can't buy tons of cheap stuff and manipulate it. That is feedback manipulation as stated before. If you need any office items etc and have access to the address. This is the time to make those kind of purchases.
Old 05-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Buy one or two cheap items "real" items. Buy like a iPhone cable or something like that. Get a couple feedback that is the best you can do. Definitely don't overdue it. It will help soften the blow you can't buy tons of cheap stuff and manipulate it. That is feedback manipulation as stated before. If you need any office items etc and have access to the address. This is the time to make those kind of purchases.
Just so the OP doesn't get confused:

As long as you're buying REAL, TANGIBLE ITEMS that are being SHIPPED to an ACTUAL ADDRESS you have access to (not being "Undelivered as addressed" etc) you won't have any issues with policy violations or "feedback manipulation" as you are buying ACTUAL ITEMS.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM DIGITAL GOODS, PHOTOGRAPHS, "FEEDBACK" etc. and you will be fine.

Last edited by GhostOfAmazon; 05-27-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgesdavid684 View Post

I know it might link them, but I have a second thought. If giving a feedback can create linking, then all of my accounts should be linked to all of my buyers that gave me a positive feedback, right? Well that just doesn't make sense.

I would list something not so cheap (around $5 is fine) and have one of my stealth purchase it, then I'd ship a dummy item to any address within the same zip, once delivered give a positive feedback. If you concern about ebay's sense of reality, you might as well ask a question, watch, bid, or best offer before you buy.

Well, I've never tried that before, its just my humble opinion about feedback exchange. Do it at your own risk.
It's not so much that this will link your accounts. It's what happens if something else links your account. They will see TWO reasons why the accounts are associated with each other. It's one thing to have an IP address that is the same as another seller. It's another thing to have an IP address the same as another seller AND you both have feedback from each other.