A senator from Maryland bought from me on my stealth acount should I be worried - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default A senator from Maryland bought from me on my stealth acount should I be worried

A senator from shes a state senator from Maryland , she bought a item from me that Ive been selling and is not ON VERO and I have not had a issue in over 100 transactions. It may just be coincidence, I already have sent a message to her , I suspicious as hell
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: A senator from Maryland bought from me on my stealth acount should I be worried

Why would you be suspicious of the Governor? Are they not allowed to buy on Ebay? I have had famous people buy from me before....Nothing to worry about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
bluestraps (06-10-2015), ovidiu (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: A senator from Maryland bought from me on my stealth acount should I be worried

yup never trust a politician!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
bluestraps (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015

Longevity: 83%

What is really scary is when you have a shipping address to a police or sheriff's department.

Just ship it and don't worry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emanresu For This Useful Post:
bluestraps (06-10-2015), ovidiu (06-10-2015), shop2015 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015
Threadstarter  

I am selling something among other items that can be considered by some as copy or duplicate or home made. But Not on VERO List and have had 2 buyers tell ebay/papal item not as described . So far no problams

I guess I thought about it .
Logic

State senator, FBI is Federal
Of all the millions of ebay sellers whay would I get picked out.
Someone would have to be in the know that my item is somehow illegal
Address is to a apartment residence,
not a government adresss.
She is using a yahoo email not .gov

Wouldn't ebay first be after me for some violation
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Seriously......relax. take a chill pill.
Old 06-10-2015

Longevity: 82%

I encounter more celebrities customers on Amazon then ebay. I got use to it. Just use signature confirmation as a trophy, lol. Then frame it.
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Well, my feelings on this are mixed. I have also sold to celebrities, politicians, movie studios and law enforcement agencies without any problems. But my items were in no way questionable.

The OP stated that his items were not VERO, but then says that they may be considered "duplicates" by some people. This COULD be a problem.

If the item you are selling is counterfeit, I would be VERY HESITANT to ship it. I doubt that you are being targeted by a state Senator, but if they receive something that they believe is a counterfeit, you could have a problem. This person will know exactly WHERE to complain about it and since they are a politician, it probably WILL be investigated.

If it were ME, I would send an unquestionable original and lose money on the sale.
Old 06-10-2015

Longevity: 54%

Sounds like your selling knock offs and your worried that you'll get caught since they can turn you into higher authorities.
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraps View Post
Wouldn't ebay first be after me for some violation
No. In fact, if you WERE being investigated by law enforcement, your eBay and PayPal accounts would be bulletproof. At least in terms of being shut down by eBay, or having your items questioned by eBay.

eBay most likely would have been told of the investigation and advised to allow you to continue to sell. That way, they could gather evidence to be used against you.

However, I doubt they would use names and addresses of people who would stick out in any way. More likely, they would use names and addresses that did not correlate to anyone in government, law enforcement, etc.
Old 06-10-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

how do you know its even really who you think it is tho???
Old 06-10-2015

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 53%

Cool thread. I've sold an item to Carlos Santana before. Looked up the address and it was some beautiful home in Santa Barbara
Old 06-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

This brings memories of my early start with eBaying as a youngster. Naive and ignorant I was quick to list items not yet released to the general public in stores that a friend was selling me in bulk for dirt cheap as he was in charge of the conveyor belt for this manufacturer.

This manufacturer hired a PI to investigate and he wound up showing up to my door one day. I was a teenager still so panicked, handed over all my remaining product to him and let him know I would never do that again. He wound up being a very cool guy, bought me lunch and explained how he bought from one of my listings to track me down :O

Moral of story... know what you're selling
The Following User Says Thank You to mat_tz For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Exactly. And if you are going to sell questionable items, be aware of the risks and be willing to accept the consequences if you are caught.
Old 06-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Let me be clear about this . Im not selling copied cd's or dvds of anything from stores and passing them on as real selling them on ebay. Nor Am I selling copies of software like office or adobe software But in adition to some house items and collectables

Im selling something that cant be found and is not being produced currently by any copyright or trademarked entity. No one has contactd me on ebay or thru any other entity. But I do make some money on it. I don't do more than 10,000 in sales , and according to ebay not required to report to irs .

This is a state senator by her ebay id , she is a first time buyer 0 feedback. jus registered her name starts with senator. with out a proper first name.

I emailed this person and they said the same thing that ive heard others comment on my item
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

If it is not counterfeit, then why even worry about it? I have had celebrities buy my books and even a movie studio that wanted a specific book that was 30 years old but looked brand new to film a scene in some movie or TV show. Politicians are people too. Maybe this person just likes your item...
Old 06-10-2015
Threadstarter  

First I must think why would a state senator be trying to involve them self in a action aainst me when they might really want the item im selling.. Not only wold it take up much time and effort,

The only other action is maybe to tell them that I cant go though with the transaction. and send their money back , one I just quit selling for a while , she wont look for the item again.

I can cancel , say the item was listed wrong or broken and send their money back. woud be automatic on paypal

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/canc...n-process.html
Old 06-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
If it is not counterfeit, then why even worry about it? I have had celebrities buy my books and even a movie studio that wanted a specific book that was 30 years old but looked brand new to film a scene in some movie or TV show. Politicians are people too. Maybe this person just likes your item...
That's just the thing , "Jeffweico"". I read a story about a guy that " was from Baltimore( MD , here we ae in Mayryland again. in the United States has just been sentenced to 87 months in prison for infringing copyrights on more than 1,000 software programs including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OSX and Windows XP"

Maybe I can say the person im getting them from is no longer In business
Old 06-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
Sounds like your selling knock offs and your worried that you'll get caught since they can turn you into higher authorities.
If that's really the game. I think they just want the item. Ive never even heard of the senator FROM THE STate senate not US senate. Its not like its Harry Reid or Ted Cruz !!
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
yup never trust a politician!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO
Old 06-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Is that a subtle nudge
Old 06-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

If you are not selling anything illegitimate, then don't worry. You have said multiple times that you are not selling duplicates or phakes to anyone, so why are you concerned?