When Maxing Out Your Selling Limits On A New Account Does It Ever.................. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default When Maxing Out Your Selling Limits On A New Account Does It Ever..................

When maxing out your selling limits on a new account does it ever get viewed by a human?

I know if you max out your selling limits enough times you will get auto increases is it a human that checks your account right then to see what you selling and then decides to raise your limits if they want to?

The reason im asking is not because i want higher selling limits its because im selling items they wont like there not High Risk, VeRO, Foo Foos or anything like that but they wont like them and i dont want them to see that im selling them.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: When Maxing Out Your Selling Limits On A New Account Does It Ever................

Its possible your account will get flagged to manaul review if the bots pick up something they dont like
Old 06-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: When Maxing Out Your Selling Limits On A New Account Does It Ever................

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Its possible your account will get flagged to manaul review if the bots pick up something they dont like
This.

To add to what James has said:

The more "bad" behavior your account engages in, the MORE LIKELY your account will be flagged and suspended.

You're MUCH more likely to get shut-down from selling VERO or phakes than you are from calling eBay for a limit increase.
Old 06-21-2015

Longevity: 54%

He doesnt give a sh*t about his limits...if you read, youd see that.

He doesnt want his account flagged because he is selling something "ebay wont like".

in regard to OP question, if you are going above your limits, yes it can cause a manual review. Will it? Probably not if its an occasional thing or nominal amount. If your limit is $1000 and you go over by a hundred or two, they probably wont care. If your limit is $1000 and you sell $5000, you are going to get a manual review.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
He doesnt give a sh*t about his limits...if you read, youd see that.

He doesnt want his account flagged because he is selling something "ebay wont like".

in regard to OP question, if you are going above your limits, yes it can cause a manual review. Will it? Probably not if its an occasional thing or nominal amount. If your limit is $1000 and you go over by a hundred or two, they probably wont care. If your limit is $1000 and you sell $5000, you are going to get a manual review.
Calm yourself down bud. I was replying to James, whom I quoted, NOT the OP.

YOU need to read before mouthing off here. That, and RELAX.
Old 06-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I cannot imagine that a human reviews all of the accounts for limit increases. There are probably hundreds of thousands - and maybe millions - of accounts being evaluated at any given time and I would imagine most of the reviews are automated. But I COULD see certain accounts being flagged for review based on whatever criteria is set by eBay.

For example:

If the account is greater than 60 days old
AND
There is no negative feedback
AND
There are no customer complaints
AND
There are more than 10 total sales
THEN
Increase limits by 100%
UNLESS
Account is selling APPLE PRODUCTS, THEN flag for manual review.

Something like that. I wrote many, many business rules in my old corporate job. Companies want everything to be handled as efficiently as possible with automation taking care of the majority of decisions, allowing their reps to work on the tougher issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-21-2015)
Old 06-22-2015

Longevity: 72%

Jeff knows his stuff, still I can't imagine any 10 item limit account EVER gets seen by a human being.