Ebay Item Not Received Email - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Ebay Item Not Received Email

I got a weird email(on eBay also) today that said a customer says they didn't receive an item. Didn't have any specifics and when I looked in the resolution center I don't have any open cases. Is this some kind of phantom eBay screw up or am I missing something?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Ebay Item Not Received Email

Was the email FROM eBay? Was it jest through the message center? Because sometimes buyers send a message because they don't want to open a case. I actually APPRECIATE those buyers, because you don't get dinged by eBay.

I would look up the item tracking number to see what is going on.
Old 06-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Was the email FROM eBay? Was it jest through the message center? Because sometimes buyers send a message because they don't want to open a case. I actually APPRECIATE those buyers, because you don't get dinged by eBay.

I would look up the item tracking number to see what is going on.
I received it from eBay and also the message center. Doesn't have any info on the item, customer, etc.

Here is copied from message center:

We're writing to let you know that one of your buyers hasn't received an item you sold. We ask that you take immediate action to resolve this issue.

If you have tracking information available, please upload it as soon as possible through the Resolution Center. If you've already uploaded this information and the item just hasn't reached the buyer within the estimated delivery time, please let them know it's on its way.

If tracking information is unavailable, it's important to find a solution with your buyer in the next 2 business days. To ensure the quickest resolution and the best experience for your buyer, we recommend offering a refund.

To prevent issues in the future, always ship items with tracking, require signature confirmation for items worth $750 or more, and upload tracking information right away. Remember, when you print shipping labels through eBay, tracking is automatically uploaded and visible to you and your buyers.

If you feel there may be an error with this issue, please let us know. If you've already resolved this situation, thank you for your prompt action.

Sincerely,
eBay
Old 06-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

So it doesn't even say whose the person that has not received their package?
Old 06-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Is the money 'held' in paypal?
You can look through your latest transactions on there and if any are 'held' instead of completed then you may well have a case.
Old 06-13-2015
Threadstarter  

No money held and no transaction info. Nothing in the resolution center at all. It's just weird that I'd get a message like this but maybe E/bays email system is jacked up.
Old 06-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Might be a glitch.
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 73%

In the past this meant a customer tried to open an "item not received" case before the time limit for delivery expired.

Notice the comment: "If ... the item just hasn't reached the buyer within the estimated delivery time, please let them know it's on its way."

It's a warning there's trouble coming down the pike.

There was a way you could tell who tried to open a case but couldn't because of the delivery time condition in the old days, somebody will come along and tell you how to find it, I'm sure.

Try looking on your dashboard, there may be an indication of it somewhere.
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Wait 24-48 hours for an update, if there is one
Old 06-17-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
I received it from eBay and also the message center. Doesn't have any info on the item, customer, etc.

Here is copied from message center:

We're writing to let you know that one of your buyers hasn't received an item you sold. We ask that you take immediate action to resolve this issue.

If you have tracking information available, please upload it as soon as possible through the Resolution Center. If you've already uploaded this information and the item just hasn't reached the buyer within the estimated delivery time, please let them know it's on its way.

If tracking information is unavailable, it's important to find a solution with your buyer in the next 2 business days. To ensure the quickest resolution and the best experience for your buyer, we recommend offering a refund.

To prevent issues in the future, always ship items with tracking, require signature confirmation for items worth $750 or more, and upload tracking information right away. Remember, when you print shipping labels through eBay, tracking is automatically uploaded and visible to you and your buyers.

If you feel there may be an error with this issue, please let us know. If you've already resolved this situation, thank you for your prompt action.

Sincerely,
eBay
I have been receiving messages for returns cases roughly a week after a return has been opened.

The message they send makes it sound like ANOTHER return request has been opened.

Perhaps this is the same. Have you had an INR case opened in the past few weeks?
Old 06-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I have been receiving messages for returns cases roughly a week after a return has been opened.

The message they send makes it sound like ANOTHER return request has been opened.

Perhaps this is the same. Have you had an INR case opened in the past few weeks?
Nope haven't had an INR in many many months.
Old 06-17-2015
Threadstarter  

I think it was just a glitch or something because I haven't had anything happen since I posted.