If buyer says he received the item in a case for not received. Will I win?. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-12-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default If buyer says he received the item in a case for not received. Will I win?.

I want to call the buyer. tell him about ebays defect B.s. See if he can say he received the item when escalated even tho the tracking never went through. Will I win?. Then just refund him directly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: If buyer says he received the item in a case for not received. Will I win?.

Depends on what the buyer 'says'....he could also report you to eB for harassing so be careful
Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: If buyer says he received the item in a case for not received. Will I win?.

don't call him, just send him a message straight up, be polite and nice as ####, tell him you will immediately refund the money if he can just cancel the case and even tell him that he can keep the item if he gets it. And then proceed to tell him about the ebay feedback rating bs, most non sellers don't know about this. Plain and simple act like it was your fault even thought is probably usps fault.
Old 04-12-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%

But even if he closes out the request I would still get a defect I think right?. I thought this is how ebay worked. I was under the impression That the only way to stop a defect was to escalate to ebay and win the case. If I am wrong please someone let me know. This is time sensitive and has been a couple days.
Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 53%

every time someone opens up a case, even if they agree to close it on good terms it counts as a defect. At least it happened to me on every single time someone tried to bs
Old 04-12-2015

Longevity: 72%

Yep, win or lose, it's a defect.

I've had people open a "request" asking when an item would arrive, they get it the same day minutes later and close the "request" themselves, still a defect.

They apologize, say they didn't know they were opening a case, just wondering when it would arrive, doesn't matter, still a defect.
Old 04-13-2015

Longevity: 93%

Still a defect. I have had them overturned on .co.uk but never on .com
Old 04-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

win or loose its a defect. and When the buyer cancels their request there is a nice message that says.

to make sure you are satisfied because you cannot REopen a case. So that might scare him to NOT closing anything without a refund beforehand.
Old 04-26-2015

Longevity: 89%

This is same thing for me.

The buyer stated I have received the item yesterday in a dispute. But opens a case today wants a refund.

So if the item have been delivered why open a case

Why open a case to state that I want a refund.

What are the chances here for this case to be won in my favour.

The item was posted first class. No tracking, not worth the cost.

Last edited by eternity4u; 04-26-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
I want to call the buyer. tell him about ebays defect B.s. See if he can say he received the item when escalated even tho the tracking never went through. Will I win?. Then just refund him directly.
The only way to prevent a defect is to WIN a case that has been escalated to eBay.

HOWEVER: 95% of the time eBay will side with the buyer, even when the buyer is clearly wrong.
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
Tell me, truly, what good will this do you?

What is going to happen should the buyer have a foreign accent & you start to think it's one of the scammers that plague your selling?

Define exactly what happened for better responses.

Include the value of the item too please.
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

More often than not eB will side with the buyer unless there is a clear pattern of buyer activity...unfortunately.
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
More often than not eB will side with the buyer unless there is a clear pattern of buyer activity...unfortunately.
That's a good point I didn't think about.

If sellers don't make a stand, the buyers will NEVER be held accountable.

Not many people are willing to do stealth just to BUY from eBay....
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Fraudsters kind of do
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

that's not accurate.

Hackers are using a form of stealth to do purchases.

Think about that: it's not their real info but use is made of another's info for a purchase.
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
that's not accurate.

Hackers are using a form of stealth to do purchases.

Think about that: it's not their real info but use is made of another's info for a purchase.
You both are right. I guess I thought about the trouble it is to do stealth, and the only reason I do it is for the $$$. I certainly wouldn't go through the hassle just to buy stuff, when there are so many other places to make purchases.

Sadly, I must concede to your point. Some people really are that dishonest.

Still, I think it's worth getting a few buyers banned in the long term. If they are NEVER punished, they will NEVER stop. Hopefully the actions of us (sellers) as a whole, can dissuade this bad behavior in the future.
Old 04-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Used to be pretty easy to get rid of buyers like these, 3 UPI strikes and you out, now they just get bidding restrictions, I have seen one buyer with over 300 feedback and around 200 of them are positive ratings with negative comments.

So you have as much chance getting rid of a buyer, as you do getting negative ratings being removed
Old 04-27-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakitiwa View Post
every time someone opens up a case, even if they agree to close it on good terms it counts as a defect. At least it happened to me on every single time someone tried to bs
WRONG. Learn the ins and outs of your seller dashboard.