eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New Account Suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86867-new-account-suspended.html)

mksales27 06-22-2015 08:07 PM

New Account Suspended

Background: I have a personal account that I have open for 2+ years. I decided to open up a separate account for a business that I was going to start. Unfortunately, I opened it up on 06/19 and when I posted something on 06/21 they suspended it indefinitely.

Question 1:
Why would they suspend my account if my first account was a top rated account?

Question 2:
Will my first account get affected?
P.S. After my suspension I have not logged into my personal account. I was thinking of wiping my flash cookies and then changing my modem with Time Warner (for a new IP address) and then logging in.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Ted123 06-22-2015 08:14 PM

Re: New Account Suspended

whatever you do.... try not to link your good account to that suspended one...

yankee 06-22-2015 08:26 PM

What was the reason for suspension? Did you call ebay?

GhostOfAmazon 06-22-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 679704)
What was the reason for suspension? Did you call ebay?

Assuming you mean call to ask why they suspended his account, because it's clear he didn't call eBay prior to the suspension....

And based on the OP's post, my guess is that he didn't call eBay because if he did, he would probably know why his account was closed.

More than likely, your business information couldn't be verified. Calling eBay MIGHT resolve the issue, but given that you have a real account, I wouldn't bother. Just make a new STEALTH account (a personal, not business) and move on with your life.

yankee 06-22-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 679711)
Assuming you mean call to ask why they suspended his account, because it's clear he didn't call eBay prior to the suspension....

And based on the OP's post, my guess is that he didn't call eBay because if he did, he would probably know why his account was closed.

More than likely, your business information couldn't be verified. Calling eBay MIGHT resolve the issue, but given that you have a real account, I wouldn't bother. Just make a new STEALTH account (a personal, not business) and move on with your life.

Just to be clear, sometimes, some of us ask questions to make someone think lol

GhostOfAmazon 06-22-2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 679712)
Just to be clear, sometimes, some of us ask questions to make someone think lol

lol duly noted.

wtfebay 06-22-2015 11:25 PM

Did you browse before trying to list an item?
Did you bid before trying to list an item?
Did you message sellers and ask questions before trying to list an item?
Did you fully verify the Paypal account before trying to list an item?
Did you....

Your details are insufficient for a sufficient answer.

zexaah 06-23-2015 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfebay (Post 679733)
Did you browse before trying to list an item?
Did you bid before trying to list an item?
Did you message sellers and ask questions before trying to list an item?
Did you fully verify the Paypal account before trying to list an item?
Did you....

Your details are insufficient for a sufficient answer.

Doing any doesn't make your account get suspended. I've made an ebay account and just listed right away without an issue.

gamerguy 06-23-2015 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mksales27 (Post 679699)
Question 1:
Why would they suspend my account if my first account was a top rated account?

Sounds like you used the same IP and other info

GhostOfAmazon 06-23-2015 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerguy (Post 679771)
Sounds like you used the same IP and other info

You're allowed to have multiple eBay accounts so long as the other accounts are in good standing.

This would not have caused a suspension.

rsot 06-23-2015 03:19 AM

First account could be affected in time if there is a link

GhostOfAmazon 06-23-2015 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 679782)
First account could be affected in time if there is a link

Agreed. This is why I advised OP to stop using the suspended account forever and simply make a new stealth account.

mksales27 06-23-2015 09:21 AM

I just posted on the item on the site. I didn't browse or anything of that sort.

How long until the first account is affected? I'm not sure if the accounts are linked. I used the same phone number and address and the IP address is the same. However, I haven't logged into the new account after creating the new account.

I spoke to eBay yesterday and they told me I was a risk. I was surprised because I told them I was a top rated seller on my old account. They mentioned to me that it is probably because of the item I listed. They hinted that it's priced way below market. I told that I actually priced the item $20-$40 above current selling price. They asked me for example item numbers and I gave it to them. They told me a supervisor is going to get back to me but they haven't yet.

Any other advise on what to do? I just wanted to set up a business account on eBay. I have to say they are the worst to deal with.

mksales27 06-23-2015 12:42 PM

Any advice to try to keep my personal account would be appreciated.

Again, I haven't logged in. I changed the phone number on the account but not the address.

I have to re-read the Stealth book to see what program it suggests to remove the flash cookies and then I will be changing my modem to get a new IP.

How does that sound?

GhostOfAmazon 06-23-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mksales27 (Post 679860)
I just posted on the item on the site. I didn't browse or anything of that sort.

How long until the first account is affected? I'm not sure if the accounts are linked. I used the same phone number and address and the IP address is the same. However, I haven't logged into the new account after creating the new account.

You are DEFINITELY linked. 1000%. Your account could be shut-down tomorrow....or perhaps never. There's no rhyme or reason.

DO NOT remove cookies, change IP, or anything of the sort. YOU ARE LINKED! Changing details now would look VERY suspicious.

Quote:

I spoke to eBay yesterday and they told me I was a risk. I was surprised because I told them I was a top rated seller on my old account. They mentioned to me that it is probably because of the item I listed. They hinted that it's priced way below market. I told that I actually priced the item $20-$40 above current selling price. They asked me for example item numbers and I gave it to them. They told me a supervisor is going to get back to me but they haven't yet.

Any other advise on what to do? I just wanted to set up a business account on eBay. I have to say they are the worst to deal with.
Create a new STEALTH account and forget about your silly "Business" account. Quit logging into the suspended account. Quit calling about it. Just hope they don't see it fit to ban your real account for your ignorance and be glad you're still able to sell.

NXLM 06-23-2015 02:17 PM

Getting a new modem seems extreme. You can call up your internet provider and ask for a new IP address or you can simply leave your router unplugged for 24 hours and it might allocate a new IP for you.
Clearing cookies wont help. You would need to REFORMAT your entire drive.
NEVER EVER use the same browser for two accounts.

GhostOfAmazon 06-23-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NXLM (Post 679928)
Getting a new modem seems extreme. You can call up your internet provider and ask for a new IP address or you can simply leave your router unplugged for 24 hours and it might allocate a new IP for you.
Clearing cookies wont help. You would need to REFORMAT your entire drive.
NEVER EVER use the same browser for two accounts.

You seem to have missed the point.....

OP is already linked, without any doubt.

Doing ANYTHING to change his identity at this point is moot....the accounts share the same phone # and address.

NXLM 06-23-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 679939)
You seem to have missed the point.....

OP is already linked, without any doubt.

Doing ANYTHING to change his identity at this point is moot....the accounts share the same phone # and address.

I know.

Hopefully its just due to some missing info on his part.

mksales27 06-24-2015 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon (Post 679919)
You are DEFINITELY linked. 1000%. Your account could be shut-down tomorrow....or perhaps never. There's no rhyme or reason.

DO NOT remove cookies, change IP, or anything of the sort. YOU ARE LINKED! Changing details now would look VERY suspicious.

Create a new STEALTH account and forget about your silly "Business" account. Quit logging into the suspended account. Quit calling about it. Just hope they don't see it fit to ban your real account for your ignorance and be glad you're still able to sell.

So my modem's IP lease gets renewed on the 27th. I haven't yet logged in to the good account or the suspended account.

Since I still have the good account, how would I log into it? What should I do?

shekar4evr 06-24-2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mksales27 (Post 680093)
So my modem's IP lease gets renewed on the 27th. I haven't yet logged in to the good account or the suspended account.

Since I still have the good account, how would I log into it? What should I do?

If you are willing to use the same computer.

Format your PC/LAPTOP and change the ip and your good to go to use the good account.

With out doing this , you good account might also get suspended.

FORMAT YOUR PC
CHANGE IP

GhostOfAmazon 06-24-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shekar4evr (Post 680095)

Format your PC/LAPTOP and change the ip and your good to go to use the good account.

FORMAT YOUR PC
CHANGE IP

THIS IS BAD ADVICE! QUIT GIVING OUT BAD ADVICE!

THE OPS ACCOUNTS SHARE THE SAME ADDRESS AND PHONE #. HE IS LINKED.

Don't change ANYTHING or you'll dig a deeper hole.

ebayerOG 06-24-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shekar4evr (Post 680095)

FORMAT YOUR PC
CHANGE IP

best advice to keep the account in good standing if it has a chance

if it doesn't have a chance, then it doesn't have a chance regardless and you go stealth

if you would like to try to make it work, this is the best way