Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old?

Hey hey hey, no need to get all hot and bothered- Last thing I want to do here is insult somebody. I have said it before and I can easily say it again- Any good advice, is good advice. People just need to know all aspects of advice before they act upon it.

I said in one of the other threads that I don't think its a BAD advice to call in/use chat, but on the same token I have said on numerous occasions that hunless you are after HUGE limits, the "calling in VS list to limits" bares very little difference, in my personal experience.

I think the reason why people here advocate "slow and steady" is because most users have have been in business for a while and they are speaking from their own experience. In majority of the cases the accounts stay active for longer, when a user follows certain "rules" or "tips"(Call it what you want)

If you want to talk about UK vs US accounts then there are even more fine details and aspects of business that one needs to keep in mind- That's another thread on its own.

Quote:
"We" aren't having a conversation. I'm giving advice, and you're hurling insults.
Why don't you try contributing something helpful of your own? That's a MUCH better use of YOUR time.
Advice is great, but it seems that every time somebody else is giving advice that is not in line with your advice, you get all defensive.

I'll leave you to it, I don't want this thread to turn into another one of those like we've seen in the past.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Is it possible to lift selling limits for account under 90 days old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
LOL you are such an amusing little troll.

I stand by my posts, I suggest you buy a dictionary so you can understand what the words you use actually mean.

Anybody operating just one stealth account, isn't true stealth. Anyone who has been on the forum a few short months and states so, is misguided at best.

Keep giving people bad advice, keep trolling people who offer the sound advice that has worked year upon year upon year and still works now, go on son...fill ya boots
Keep running your mouth, little boy. You can't back up your argument, so you use petty little insults. It's cute, but it won't fly. Everyone can see through it. Bye!

Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
I said in one of the other threads that I don't think its a BAD advice to call in/use chat, but on the same token I have said on numerous occasions that hunless you are after HUGE limits, the "calling in VS list to limits" bares very little difference, in my personal experience.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: There's more than one way to skin a cat. In other words, what is ideal for you, isn't ideal for someone else. Calling isn't about "huge" limits, it's about getting reasonable increases right away, instead of waiting potentially months for an eventual increase to 20 items per month. Not everyone has the time to waste selling penny items so they can get their limits up to 50 or 100 items per month. You do. Great! Keep doing it! Not criticizing those who choose a different way, only keeping others informed that there is more than one working method.

Quote:
Advice is great, but it seems that every time somebody else is giving advice that is not in line with your advice, you get all defensive.
Defensive? How would you respond? Should I roll over and play dead like a good dog?

Sorry, but I'm right, I've proven it, and many others have also voiced that calling eBay works for them as well. Until you have substantial, verifiable evidence to the contrary, you're just blowing hot air and wasting my and everyone elses valuable time.
Old 07-08-2015

Longevity: 62%

Old 07-08-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Keep running your mouth, little boy. You can't back up your argument, so you use petty little insults. It's cute, but it won't fly. Everyone can see through it. Bye!

It's good that you come to the forum and spend considerable time here and let out all your stress, tension and insecurities. It is a night off for someone at least.
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It's good that you come to the forum and spend considerable time here and let out all your stress, tension and insecurities. It is a night off for someone at least.
So when you don't have any retort, you resort to making insults similar to an elementary school child? Interesting.
Old 07-08-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
He's biting, got him/her wound up a treat, love it.
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
He's biting, got him/her wound up a treat, love it.
It's clear that neither of you have anything to offer or add to this topic. You recite the same dogma that has been disproven time and time again. Perhaps your propensity to troll, insult, and deceive others is the reason you haven't been invited to the Executive Lounge, despite being a member here for several years.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
Callidus (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 53%

Why is this GhostofAmazon dude so mad all the time?
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh04 View Post
Why is this GhostofAmazon dude so mad all the time?

Why are you trying SO HARD to troll?
Old 07-08-2015

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Alright... I'm pretty sure I can put this thread BACK into perspective.

There are two ways to look at getting the increases.

You call in or wait to get them naturally. Now when you have say an account thats 10/1000 limits, you can call in and get them raised but keep in mind you need to factor ALL the months it will take you to get even respectable limits.

Ebay doubles your limits every 30 days if your hitting your limits, or close to them. So if you take an account thats 10/1000 it would take 5 months to get these limits 320/32000 IF your hitting BOTH limits.

Now if you wait to get an natural increase chances are you will most likely EXCEED that number in the first 3 months. Your not guaranteed to, but if your aging your account correctly than chances are you will. There are many threads that almost that give step by step instructions how to do this.

You can call in, but it really only plays a factor when your account already has good limits to start with. I say that because on ALL my accounts I rare;y get natural increases after calling in to get my limits raised. Not saying you won't get them still, I just rarely do.

In regards to UK vs USA there is a HUGE difference.

Paypal for instance started asking for ID's ALOT more on accounts after the start of this year. Now in respects to eBay its silly to think they don't face different obstacles. I'm not even going into depth on why, its a pointless conversation to get into if you don't already know that.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 07-08-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2015

Longevity: 64%

I agree with ghost of amazon, why not call in? If i open an account that has a 5 item selling limit, ill take the risk and call. Its only a 5 limit account, worst case, you lose it, on to the next one.
Seems the hardest ones advocating not to call in, are the ones selling accounts....but I digress.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyShackelford For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackelford View Post
I agree with ghost of amazon, why not call in? If i open an account that has a 5 item selling limit, ill take the risk and call. Its only a 5 limit account, worst case, you lose it, on to the next one.
Seems the hardest ones advocating not to call in, are the ones selling accounts....but I digress.
Did you not read my post?

Call in. Enjoy your 10/1000

Its STUPID to disagree with someone who can make an account with 1000/25000 and your getting 5/500. But to each is own.
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Its STUPID to disagree with someone who can make an account with 1000/25000 and your getting 5/500. But to each is own.
Not sure where you're heading with this, Solefoodbk.

Your point isn't very clear to me. Could you elaborate a bit?

Here's my stance:

If you know how to make an account that has 100, 500, or 1000 items per month to start, duh, you'd never call in. You would never want or need to.

MOST (99%) of members here DON'T have that knowledge, including, for the record, everyone posting here, with the exception of Callidus.

ALSO, from the NUMEROUS posts account sellers have made in MANY threads, you can piece together enough information to realize that their limits have nothing to do with calling vs waiting for limit increases. Their limits are TYPICALLY given the day they turn the account into a seller account. They have a very specific method they use to create these accounts, and this method results in a higher than average limits on MOST accounts they create using it. It is, of course, not 100% fool-proof, but it is FAR superior to the "average" members creation method.

Of course, it bears mentioning: These limits are caused by the CREATION of the account! If you don't create your account properly, you're not going to see 1000 limits per month within 90 days no matter what you sell. It's irrelevant whether or not you call!

TL;DR: Your argument is invalid because Callidus uses a method unavailable to most of us, do to knowledge we do not have, and he isn't going to share it with anyone anytime soon (it's his income, can't blame him).

Quote:
Did you not read my post?

Call in. Enjoy your 10/1000
We both know that calling in generally results in an increase at least 75% of your limits, assuming you have good feedback and DSR's, and aren't selling risky and/or shady items. We both discussed this and shared the same opinion a few weeks ago in the thread located in my signature.

I must be misunderstanding you somewhere here.
Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Old 07-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
lol.

I hope it doesn't turn into one of "those" threads again....

BTW how do you post images to the forum? Such a noob question, I know.
Old 07-08-2015

For one I do know how to make them I just don't get them EVERY account made. I have no need for a ton of stealth accounts as mine never go down, I just have backups in case.

For two, I don't disagree with calling in.

My point is if you have an account that is 5/500, I think it is stupid to. My whole point of the post is that if you wait and get them naturally you get much greater limits USUALLY in a much shorter time frame.

Most of my accounts start at 100/5000, so calling in works for me most of the time because I'm already set with good limits. I grow the accounts properly but if its a strong account I want to list more on it, especially if I have good feedback etc. I'm not one of the stealthers with 50+ accounts, I like to grown mine and build them, but not overdo them.

If you have 5/500 limits if you follow the correct practice you SHOULD get the increase within the first 60 days naturally. I don't know many people saying otherwise that know the correct procedure to follow. If you just list random items and hit somewhat close to your limits, then that's not how its done.

If you have an account with 5/500 it will take 4 months to get the listing quantity to 80, unless you have a dud account your almost guaranteed to get MUCH higher limits than 80 in the first 60 days. So if your impatient then yes call in, I just don't see the point with a account with such low limits, because the increase is STILL LOW.

I always get double the limits increase when I call in.

I don't disagree with calling in, never have but I don't agree with it being the ONLY answer to getting limits increased.
Old 07-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
For one I do know how to make them I just don't get them EVERY account made.
My apologies for assuming. If you'd be willing, I'd much appreciate any tips you can provide via PM.

Quote:
My point is if you have an account that is 5/500, I think it is stupid to. My whole point of the post is that if you wait and get them naturally you get much greater limits USUALLY in a much shorter time frame.
My personal experiences have been different, but I respect your opinion.

Quote:
If you have an account with 5/500 it will take 4 months to get the listing quantity to 80, unless you have a dud account your almost guaranteed to get MUCH higher limits than 80 in the first 60 days. So if your impatient then yes call in, I just don't see the point with a account with such low limits, because the increase is STILL LOW.
You can get a limit increase by calling in every 25 days. I also can get limits increased more than double on low limit accounts, depending on the rep. I was able to once get a rep to increase my 5 limit account to 50 by telling them my mother worked at a library and she brought home the books they were "retiring". Low-risk product, and a bunch of it. The rep loved it. The next month I had a 50 limit account to request higher limits on. If you think I didn't beat 80 items per month within 60 days, boy have I got a surprise for you!

Quote:
I don't disagree with calling in, never have but I don't agree with it being the ONLY answer to getting limits increased.
I'm not sure if we're having an argument, because we're on the same side....we've discussed this before.

We had a several page thread discussing and sharing ideas on this very topic. This ground was already broken. You seem to be playing devils advocate here, and I'm not sure why. We both agree that there is more than one way to get increased limits, and that the "superior" method depends on the individuals situation. Why are we arguing?
Old 07-09-2015

Quote:
We both agree that there is more than one way to get increased limits, and that the "superior" method depends on the individuals situation. Why are we arguing?
Who said were arguing?

Its good for people to see both sides and pick from there. There ARE cases to be made for both is what my point was.

Devils advocate yes lol
Old 07-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Who said were arguing?

Its good for people to see both sides and pick from there. There ARE cases to be made for both is what my point was.

Devils advocate yes lol
You posts implied there was a disagreement....and you also implied that I had made it a point that calling eBay was the "only" way to get increased limits, which I did not. I never even said it was the best way to do so. Only that it was a valid method.

Please be more clear in the future to prevent further confusion such as this.
Old 07-10-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
You posts implied there was a disagreement....and you also implied that I had made it a point that calling eBay was the "only" way to get increased limits, which I did not. I never even said it was the best way to do so. Only that it was a valid method.

Please be more clear in the future to prevent further confusion such as this.
Soulfood doesn't have to be 'more clear' at all. I am pretty sure the vast majority of normal, intelligent people can read and comprehend what he has written with absolutely no problem at all.

As for you stating 'I never even said it (calling in) was the best way to do so' with regard to raising limits.....you are just so full of it as that was at the very least what you were implying.

You seem to read your posts and those of others in a very special way, but on a brighter note, at least you have clean windows.

Last edited by realdeals; 07-10-2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-10-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
My apologies for assuming. If you'd be willing, I'd much appreciate any tips you can provide via PM.
- think you need stronger medication.