Problems with my stealth account looking for some help please!!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Send a message via AIM to pre111 Send a message via Yahoo to pre111 Send a message via Skype™ to pre111
Default Problems with my stealth account looking for some help please!!!!!!

Hello Everyone,

I purchased a stealth account from one of the vendors on this forum about 4 months ago.

I will not name names but the paypal part of this stealth account was setup
using a pinger phone number.

I am finding out that this was a very bad thing too do. I am trying to phone verify my Paypal account to get my money released at time of sale.

I am doing this because on my 89 ebay sale day i received a charge back for unauthorized use of card. Now i have tracking showing the package was delivered to the buyer and Paypal has even released the funds because i was able to show proof of delivery.

But the problem is because of this charge back paypal has continued the 21 day hold on all ebay sales. I have emailed Paypal and they have told me if i phone verify my paypal account the 21 day hold will be removed. And this is were the problems begin....

Now pinger has a phone app for my tablet so i am able to receive calls to my tablet from paypal. But the problem is when i go to paypal and click the call me now button.

Paypal calls the pinger number listed on my paypal acount and also displays a 4 digit pin number for me to enter into my phone to verify my phone and my identity but the 2 times i have tried this and entered the 4 digits paypal has given me the automated paypal voice just tells me that it was unable to verify the 4 digits i have entered.

Does anyone have a work around for this or have had this same problem
Or does anyone know if paypal will ever release this 21 day hold without the phone verify...

I am so close to getting my funds released at time of sale but yet i am so far away and i know if i try a third time it may be my last...

Please Help...

Thank You
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Problems with my stealth account looking for some help please!!!!!!

I would try again with the number but if it doesn't work then you should just let it go.
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Send a message via AIM to pre111 Send a message via Yahoo to pre111 Send a message via Skype™ to pre111

Any body else have any ideas????
Old 07-06-2015

Longevity: 60%

Try to use a phone that will install that app it might be the ipad
Old 07-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Update your profile in PayPal with a new working phone number,,,,on another note,,,PayPal does Not consider proof of delivery with delivery confirmation only,,,you would need a SIGNATURE to go along with to prove re it of the product in PayPals eyes

Last edited by slapped; 07-06-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Update your phone number to one the works,,,on another note,,,PayPal does Not consider proof of delivery with delivery confirmation only,,,you would need a SIGNATURE to go along with to prove receipt of the product in PayPals eyes,,,,,that's actually the reason that the money was refunded
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

SIGNATURE confirmation is only needed for sales over 300.00 and the money was refunded back to me not the buyer
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrange View Post
Try to use a phone that will install that app it might be the ipad
The pinger phone app is already installed on my tablet the problem is when i press the paypal call me now button the next screen shows a four digit number i need to put in the phone. Paypal calls and the voice says please put in your conformation number and the pinger phone app shows the number keys just like a regular phone. As i am typing in the 4 digit code you can hear the different tones for each number just like a regular phone

but when i am finished i am told that the code could not be verified. And paypal hangs up. And i have no idea why the code did not verify.

Was hoping someone else has gone through this same thing and what they did to make it work
Old 07-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Update your profile in PayPal with a new working phone number,,,,on another note,,,PayPal does Not consider proof of delivery with delivery confirmation only,,,you would need a SIGNATURE to go along with to prove re it of the product in PayPals eyes
Paypal will only verify the original number that was used to create the account so putting in another number will do no good
Old 07-06-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre111 View Post
The pinger phone app is already installed on my tablet the problem is when i press the paypal call me now button the next screen shows a four digit number i need to put in the phone. Paypal calls and the voice says please put in your conformation number and the pinger phone app shows the number keys just like a regular phone. As i am typing in the 4 digit code you can hear the different tones for each number just like a regular phone

but when i am finished i am told that the code could not be verified. And paypal hangs up. And i have no idea why the code did not verify.

Was hoping someone else has gone through this same thing and what they did to make it work
I know its just that these apps are not made for interfaces like this thats why i suggested you trying a phone you can install the app with. Since it is not working on the ipad seems like a reasonable solution
Old 07-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

You need to try it on an Android Phone or Iphone with the App.
Old 07-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxrange View Post
I know its just that these apps are not made for interfaces like this thats why i suggested you trying a phone you can install the app with. Since it is not working on the ipad seems like a reasonable solution
Agree - reasonable solution
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok i do agree that makes sense. I will find a Android Phone and give this a try. I mean what do i have to loose. I will let you know how everything works out. Once again thanks to everyone for all your help. I would never have thought of this idea on my own....
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I want to send special thanks to:

MM78

xxrange

slapped

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

I guess by now you have figured out that this has worked

My daughter has an Android phone and we loaded up the talk free app from Pinger and low and behold it worked my paypal account is now verified and the 21 day hold on my ebay sales are gone

So we also now know that a free number from Pinger does work to verify your paypal account as long as you install the Pinger talk free app on an Android phone.

Again thanks to everyone who came to my rescue.