A buyer opened a return case. Will ebay suspend my account? (sad and angry) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-07-2015

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 68%
Default A buyer opened a return case. Will ebay suspend my account? (sad and angry)

A buyer purchased a comforter set two months ago and now she wants to return it after her washer damaged the comforter. I am just angry as it is over 2 months so I won't accept return for a used product. I already took out the funds from paypal and wondering if ebay decides to refund the payment to buyer automatically, will ebay kick me out as they cannot get the payment from my paypal account? Thanks for everyone's reply in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: A buyer opened a return case. Will ebay suspend my account? (sad and angry)

You will most likely initially lose the case as BUYER IS KING.... However in appeal if you can post that the buyer admitted to damage then you could win. Either way its a defect though.
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: A buyer opened a return case. Will ebay suspend my account? (sad and angry)

If I lose the case (probably), will I have the chance to appeal? I don't sell much so I don't have any experience on this return case. It takes a long time to build an account. Really feel bad and thanks for your reply.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I don't think there is any way the account will be suspended. These things happen.

If the buyer wins the case, be sure to appeal it. It has been two months and any defects in a comforter should have been noticed WAY before that. If she messaged you that her washer/dryer damaged it, then tell eBay that. You should be covered under seller protection.

HOWEVER: eBay sometimes has a tendency to side with the buyer, although if the buyer admitted that her washer/dryer damaged it, then it becomes more difficult for them to justify siding with the buyer.

Worst case is they win and you have to make up any negative balance in your PayPal account. If the buyer already left you positive feedback and DSR's, then there is nothing to worry about as far as your feedback and DSR ratings go. In fact, if you WIN the case, it should not be counted against you. If the BUYER wins, it COULD be counted against you.

But your account being suspended? I very much doubt it.
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

"Worst case is they win and you have to make up any negative balance in your PayPal account." Hi jeffweico, thanks for your time typing these words. I appreciate it. I took out the money from paypal already. If ebay takes money out of my paypal to refund the buyer, my paypal will become negative balance and I do not want to refill the balance in paypal. And ebay sees that there is no money in pp so I will probably lose this account. That is my assumption.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Well, if eBay issues the refund, then they will debit your PayPal account. Your PayPal balance will go negative and they will attempt to get the money from your checking account.

I don't know how much money we are talking about here, but if this is your REAL account under your REAL name, then you might want to pay it and take the loss. Real accounts are always going to be less hassle than stealth accounts. To lose it over a couple hundred bucks is not worth it, in my opinion. Even if you don't see much now, you never know when an opportunity might come up, even five years from now and you say to yourself "I WISH I HAD KEPT MY EBAY ACCOUNT".

Of course, I would try to win the case first. Then all of this is a non-issue.
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you jeffweico for replying a person who is suffer from depression.
This is my first stealth account.
Account age is more than 1 year.
And the product cost is $150. Losing an account for $150 is probably silly but I am just mad because of greedy buyer behavior.
Old 07-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Some buyers are just jerks. Others are outright scammers. Luckily, I run into these types very infrequently. Dealing with them is just a part of selling on eBay.

Again, just think it through before making any decisions. HOPEFULLY the buyer loses his case and then the issue of paying back PayPal becomes moot.

I always try to respond when I can. I'm sorry that you are suffering from depression. If you have not seen a doctor, you might want to consider it - there are a lot o things that can help these days. My father suffered from depression for 2 years before he got help. After he got help, he said he wishes he did it sooner.

Good luck!
Old 07-07-2015
Threadstarter  

thanks. I feel I got depression from these deadbeat buyers. Ebay just refunded the buyer and wanted me to pay them back. I couldn't find a "appeal" button from the control panel to appeal the case but at least I reported this person to riskified (a fraud evaluation service). It is a bad day for me and thanks for your suppport !
Old 07-08-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

You have to call in.

Just explain to them the actual item and the exact reason you gave us.

For instance if I sell a pair of shoes, once those shoes hit the pavement any chance of a return is out the window. It devalues the items drastically to the point there is no profit. In your case it's a comforter. When it comes to what we use to sleep with used items aren't such a hot topic.

Although wearing someone else's clothes during the day is fine? Haha...

If you have even the smallest amount of communication skills you'll easily get this overturned. You have to be able to explain why and give evidence to support why.
It's pretty simple.

Get a bad rep that says no? Call right back and ask until someone listens to what your saying.... You can't accept no for a answer sometimes, eventually you WILL get it overturned if not the first call.
Old 07-08-2015

Longevity: 89%

Has the buyer admitted that the comforter was damage due to his washing machine?

In this is recorded in your message, then you have a chance.
I have loads of defect removed due to buyer messages.

But try to get a rep from USA or Canada.
Those in Phillipines rep would be waste of time.
Old 07-08-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

It's 2 months past, he has a chance?

He WILL get it overturned as long as he his able to explain the situation correctly and justify why it should get overturned.

If OP isn't leaving any details out that I'm not aware of this should easily get overturned.