Which prepaid cell phone do you like the best or other phone service? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-14-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Which prepaid cell phone do you like the best or other phone service?

I know things have changed quite a bit and some people have had problems with Google Voice.

What prepaid cell service/plan do you like the best and use to setup your accounts with. Hopefully something that is cheap.

Or is there another option I should look at?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Which prepaid cell phone do you like the best or other phone service?

tracfone because they come with a free 20 minutes for account set up. You can find them for $4.99 usually on sale at any big retail stores or on Amazon
Old 07-14-2015

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to Smoothness
Default Re: Which prepaid cell phone do you like the best or other phone service?

Tracfone if I'm going to use the accounts myself and T-Mobile prepaid sim if I am making account for other people. T-Mobile is cheaper
Old 07-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

T-mobile is cheaper than TracFone? Do you mean initially or monthly?
Old 07-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Also, the OP said "Hopefully something that is cheap."

While I agree that cheap is always nice, when it comes to stealth, your first concern needs to be ACCOUNT SAFETY! If I could get you a number for $2 per month, you would be thrilled, but maybe not so much if it caused you to lose your account, right?

I'm not saying go with the most expensive option, just that you should choose something that is known to work instead of taking a risk with the cheap services. They tend to be grossly overused.
Old 07-14-2015

Well tracfone isn't cheap compared to T-Mobile. T-mo has 3 dollar a month plan. But it also comes with 10 mins or something like that. 2.50 for the prepaid sim. I mean you really can't beat that. So *slams hand on table* I rest my case your honor!
The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothness For This Useful Post:
trav (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothness View Post
Well tracfone isn't cheap compared to T-Mobile. T-mo has 3 dollar a month plan. But it also comes with 10 mins or something like that. 2.50 for the prepaid sim. I mean you really can't beat that. So *slams hand on table* I rest my case your honor!
I will check it out. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Also, the OP said "Hopefully something that is cheap."

While I agree that cheap is always nice, when it comes to stealth, your first concern needs to be ACCOUNT SAFETY! If I could get you a number for $2 per month, you would be thrilled, but maybe not so much if it caused you to lose your account, right?

I'm not saying go with the most expensive option, just that you should choose something that is known to work instead of taking a risk with the cheap services. They tend to be grossly overused.
I agree, just looking for the happy medium if you know what I mean.
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Your Right....Tracfones at $4.99 for a phone with 20 minutes is just absurdly expensive! How dare they overcharge us!!!! grrrrrr
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Any chance you can link the one you use on here?
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Your Right....Tracfones at $4.99 for a phone with 20 minutes is just absurdly expensive! How dare they overcharge us!!!! grrrrrr
I think he was referring to the cost of keeping the # active every month, not the INITIAL price to set up the account.
Old 07-15-2015

Well to be fair I think the 4.99 tracfones aren't for sale anymore. Like I searched every store from bestbuy to safeways to Walmart. Walmart sells tracfones for 9 dollars plus tax. But everywhere else requires you to order online now. I ordered mines online and with shipping the max they let me buy was 6 plus shipping I got it for 38 bucks and some change. That's like almost 7 bucks each. Now you also need to buy minutes for the life of the phone if you want to keep the phone with the account. Tracfone sells minutes for 1 for ten mins or something like that.

Tmobile if you order online they allow you to buy 3 or 4 prepaid sims at one time. They cost 2.50 plus tax so 4 I got for 11 bucks. They offer these cheap 3 dollar a month plans. 3 dollars a month! You don't get many minutes but it's like enough for stealth purposes!!

I'm not saying tracfone is expensive but he did ask for cheapest I think. Tmo is good but you need a unlocked phone and you have to keep switching sims. For tracfone you just get a label maker and tape names to each and keep them charged in case eBay wants to see what's your weather like.
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well to be fair I think the 4.99 tracfones aren't for sale anymore. Like I searched every store from bestbuy to safeways to Walmart. Walmart sells tracfones for 9 dollars plus tax. But everywhere else requires you to order online now. I ordered mines online and with shipping the max they let me buy was 6 plus shipping I got it for 38 bucks and some change. That's like almost 7 bucks each. Now you also need to buy minutes for the life of the phone if you want to keep the phone with the account. Tracfone sells minutes for 1 for ten mins or something like that.

Tmobile if you order online they allow you to buy 3 or 4 prepaid sims at one time. They cost 2.50 plus tax so 4 I got for 11 bucks. They offer these cheap 3 dollar a month plans. 3 dollars a month! You don't get many minutes but it's like enough for stealth purposes!!

I'm not saying tracfone is expensive but he did ask for cheapest I think. Tmo is good but you need a unlocked phone and you have to keep switching sims. For tracfone you just get a label maker and tape names to each and keep them charged in case eBay wants to see what's your weather like.
Tracfones are always on sale somewhere for 5 dollars. You can buy them at BestBuy.com for $5, or Amazon.com for the same, and Family Dollar often has a Tracfone sale for $5 if you need to buy them at a brick and mortar store.

Also, T-mobile only offers the sim cards, which would require the purchase of the handset separately. Just clarifying.
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav View Post
Any chance you can link the one you use on here?
Here you go:

Pay As You Go Phone Plans | Best Daily Prepaid Phone Plans | T-Mobile
Old 07-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

prefer tracfones / like the 20 mins it comes with
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
prefer tracfones / like the 20 mins it comes with
Do you mind linking the track phone/plan you get?
Old 07-15-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Yeah, I am going to buy some sim cards. It is hard to beat the price. I am trying to find the cheapest handset to go with it though. Did you find one you liked? I don't need all the bells as whistles. If it can make and receive calls, that is good enough for me. I do like that the plans are only $3. Did they charge you a setup fee?
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Yeah, I am going to buy some sim cards. It is hard to beat the price. I am trying to find the cheapest handset to go with it though. Did you find one you liked? I don't need all the bells as whistles. If it can make and receive calls, that is good enough for me. I do like that the plans are only $3. Did they charge you a setup fee?
i have a few old burner phones laying around plus i have an old ipone 5 i dont use. but seriously buy like a used phone on ebay and use it. tracfone minutes are expensive.
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 75%

tracfones are good
Old 07-15-2015

Longevity: 62%

Only worth it if you get the year of service card. Otherwise it's $20 a month. Good for long term accounts.
Old 07-15-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Do you mind linking the track phone/plan you get?
Tracfones come with 20 minutes. No need to buy a plan to get them.
Old 07-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeder33 View Post
Tracfones come with 20 minutes. No need to buy a plan to get them.
true but if you use a tracfone long term for lets say 6-12 months it could get expensive if you have to call in alot