How to get defects removed creatively! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-18-2015

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%
Default How to get defects removed creatively!

A recent transaction inspired me to share easy work arounds when it comes to getting defects and negs removed.

I just had a buyer open a "not received case" because when they had opened the case it was 2 days past the expected delivery date. No idea why but their post office had a 5 day delay not including the weekend. So because he opened a case I immediately got a defect. He later gets the package and leaves me good feedback so I figured I'd call in and it'd be no problem getting it removed ....

I was told that they don't remove these types of defects because "usps is considered my business partner and because of that its ultimately my responsibility that the package gets their on time" I had asked if the buyer entered in the wrong address would it be my fault still? And he said no it wouldn't. Exactly what I needed to hear.

I figured it was a lost cause until just now when I called in and got it removed. I told the rep that the buyer supplied me the wrong zip code via paypals invoice. When you supply the wrong zip but correct address the package gets held (i think 10-11 days) until it gets returned to sender. By changing my "pitch" I got it removed. The rep can't verify if what I'm saying is correct its all about my confidence and how I present my argument if you will to why I should get it removed.

Almost any and all negatives and defects I get removed by using this method. I call in with a already well though out reason WHY I deserve the neg to get removed. If they tell me no I ask WHY and use that exact reason in my next "pitch" to get removed.

I did this with a transaction where a buyer wanted to a return a item within the 14 day return policy. He left a negative a day after getting the package. I offered to send him a partial refund and he declined so I figured what the heck why not call in? I told the rep this guy has extreme buyers remorse, NEVER mentioned I had a return policy and because he removed the negative that dropped the return!

This for any and ALL that say ebay sides with the buyer 99% time. Yes they might when we allow a bot to auto generate the outcome OR if its a real human being without us sellers actually calling in, its 99% a lost case. With just a tad bit creativity and thought you can get almost ANYTHING overturned. The reps do NOT research the listing as much as we give them credit for. Nor does one reps response mean its the final say. When I tell you I dodged a return on a item EVEN THOUGH I had a 14 day hassle free return promoted in my listing, I promise you you can do the same.

Goodluck

Last edited by solefoodbk; 08-18-2015 at 11:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-19-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: How to get defects removed creatively!

And if the acc sells dodgy items (high-risk ones)? Still, good idea to call in in order to remove "item not received" defects? Or better not? Acc is fully verified, both at EB and at PP, and is 8 months old.
Old 08-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
And if the acc sells dodgy items (high-risk ones)? Still, good idea to call in in order to remove "item not received" defects? Or better not? Acc is fully verified, both at EB and at PP, and is 8 months old.
When it comes to high risk, just remember what we think is high risk they may not. Theres no such thing as a "high risk list" it's the bots we worry about when it comes to that.

Again my suggestion is just not mention anything you don't want them to see. I don't believe they do as much "research" as we give them credit for. I've had to many instances where I say something that completely contradicts my listing and still get it overturned.

Confidence is key.

And..... Understanding what one rep says can lead you to the best way of getting it removed the next call.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
muzzie (08-19-2015)
Old 08-19-2015
Banned

Longevity: 65%

solefood for da win
Old 08-19-2015

Is there any age of defects to be removed? I mean, if defect was like 2-3 months ago, and there are clear evidences that it was solved, can it be removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
When it comes to high risk, just remember what we think is high risk they may not. Theres no such thing as a "high risk list" it's the bots we worry about when it comes to that.

Again my suggestion is just not mention anything you don't want them to see. I don't believe they do as much "research" as we give them credit for. I've had to many instances where I say something that completely contradicts my listing and still get it overturned.

Confidence is key.

And..... Understanding what one rep says can lead you to the best way of getting it removed the next call.
Old 08-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Hmmm... Interesting.

I'd love to test the theory, but I've got ****ty experience with calling in and talking to eBay and returns are not really a big concern for me.
MIGHT try it in the future, seems like a legit way of sorting out some annoying cases/customers.
Old 08-19-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Is there any age of defects to be removed? I mean, if defect was like 2-3 months ago, and there are clear evidences that it was solved, can it be removed?
worth go to online chat and ask representitive, I cannot remember exactly but I think anything up to 90 days can be removed so you're still in.
Old 08-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

No ebay chat in the usa ..
Old 08-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
No ebay chat in the usa ..
I miss eBay chat here in the US it was so much easier back then