Starting item, price and shipping cost determines 0/0 limits - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-13-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Starting item, price and shipping cost determines 0/0 limits

Speeder and jeff are 100% right in my experiences.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by last3379 View Post
If you make the account after ebay phone hours maybe you get the 0/0 until you call in and answer the same simple questions that they ask me?
Wow, valuable insight! I don't remember the exact time but it was probably around 7pm california time, so it was 'off hours'. So, having learned so far.

1) Don't list the first item as electronics
2) Don't initially list items that has the name of electronics in the title
3) List at least 2 hours before the end of ebay business hours in case they want to talk.

Hopefully that should improve it a bit.

Now, as a side question, would a disney brand name be considered 'risky'? I have quite a few things I bought from the dollar store for selling, don't want it to go to waste.

Last edited by swbluto; 09-14-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbluto View Post

Now, as a side question, would a disney brand name be considered 'risky'? I have quite a few things I bought from the dollar store for selling, don't want it to go to waste.
Here's a simple test for anyone asking "Is this product 'high risk'?"

Ask yourself the following questions:

Is it counterfeited? In other words, can you purchase knockoffs of the product on Aliexpress, DhGate, etc?

Is it expensive? I.e. High end phones, laptops, etc.

Is it name brand? Apple, Disney, Dr Dre, Logitech, Pokemon, etc etc etc.

If the answer to all 3 is "No" you're in the clear. If any of them is "Yes" proceed with caution.
Old 09-14-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to Shekibi

I remember when I created 6 stealth accounts on same day, different IP and different computer.
The first one got 0/0 but the rest were 10/£650.
I honestly doubt it has anything to do with the price, your price was below $5 And so was the suggested, that really shouldn't impact your selling limits.
Old 09-14-2015
Threadstarter  

Awesome! Thanks.

Just realized something. I don't think it was the fact it was a "screen protector" that was the problem, I think it was the use of the word 'iPhone' in the title. eBay's search seems to be title oriented (It detects duplicates via the title), so long as you avoid the blacklisted words in the title (And, since they seem to do manual review on new listers sales (No other reason why it'd take 10-24 hours to show up in search, but longtime users show up immediately.), in the description as well to be safe.), I'm thinking it'd probably be OK. Just so long as the item category isn't a risky one (Like electronics).

So.

1) Avoid blacklisted words in the title (Brand names, etc.)
2) Avoid risky categories.

I think that should do well to avoid getting auto-flagged by the "first listing" bot.

Last edited by swbluto; 09-14-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

you should avoid risky items PERIOD. Should not even be bringing them up.

Risky items = Risky accounts.

Please create at your OWN RISK.
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks.

Just realized something. I don't think it was the fact it was a "screen protector" that was the problem, I think it was the use of the word 'iPhone' in the title. eBay's search seems to be title oriented (It detects duplicates via the title), so long as you avoid the blacklisted words in the title (And, since they seem to do manual review on new listers sales (No other reason why it'd take 10-24 hours to show up in search, but longtime users show up immediately.), in the description as well to be safe.), I'm thinking it'd probably be OK. Just so long as the item category isn't a risky one (Like electronics).

So.

1) Avoid blacklisted words in the title (Brand names, etc.)
2) Avoid risky categories.

I think that should do well to avoid getting auto-flagged by the "first listing" bot.
Just follow the above guide. No need to complicate it further.
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

selling disney knockoffs makes Dumbo cry

Old 09-14-2015

Longevity: 77%

It boils down to the original setup - names / address / type of phone number used and then what you decide to watch and list on the account.
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
It boils down to the original setup - names / address / type of phone number used and then what you decide to watch and list on the account.
And that's as close to a hand-holding as you're gonna get. So take notes people.
Old 09-14-2015
Threadstarter  

The dollar store disney products are all licensed by disney. They aren't knockoffs? (The importing companies are in Hollywood)
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
The dollar store disney products are all licensed by disney. They aren't knockoffs? (The importing companies are in Hollywood)
Read my entire test. Posted earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Here's a simple test for anyone asking "Is this product 'high risk'?"

Ask yourself the following questions:

Is it counterfeited? In other words, can you purchase knockoffs of the product on Aliexpress, DhGate, etc?

Is it expensive? I.e. High end phones, laptops, etc.

Is it name brand? Apple, Disney, Dr Dre, Logitech, Pokemon, etc etc etc.

If the answer to all 3 is "No" you're in the clear. If any of them is "Yes" proceed with caution.
Old 09-14-2015

Longevity: 73%

If it is a counterfeit"ed" item then ebay will assume yours is also until you prove otherwise.

If you are a new seller, you have a better chance of pulling a rabbit out of your ass than convincing ebay yours is legit.
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Yeah, but eBay doesn't know that you got it from the dollar store. They have no idea where you got it from, and with their shoot first, ask questions later mentality, you're an easy target if you list something branded, or high risk. They are more than happy to lose a new seller while keeping the big business copyright holders happy, and also protecting themselves from lawsuits.

In my opinion, the way the account is handled while it is still new (especially in regards to listing your first item) is the most important thing.

Yes, things like the type of phone, address, etc is important as well, but as GhostOfAmazon has proved, it is entirely possible to talk your way out of 0/0 limits due to using less-than-perfect tools such as Google Voice. You could probably even talk your way out of using a made-up address (not that I would ever suggest doing so, but just saying) - there are various reasons as to why eBay's database may not have recognized the address. It could be a newly created home, a rural location that isn't well documented on maps, or just a simple typo.

But talking your way out of listing a VERO or otherwise high risk item while the account is brand new? Almost never happens. If you're "lucky", you'd be able to reinstate the account with documents, but at that point it would be easier to just start over.

Anyway, I think that you're overly complicating things. What you said in your original post is very important:

Quote:
Seems that eBay doesn't think I'm an everyday "new seller from home"
And that summarizes the "first item suspension". Yes, at times the suspension itself is random, but the actual type of suspension is not. If you listed some random used item that no one would want to counterfeit and you got a temporary restriction/suspension, then yes that is more or less random (though it seems to happen more frequently at certain times of the year and has died down lately). If you listed brand new Beats then it wasn't random and the suspension won't be temporary.

eBay's bots can be annoying, but they're just that - bots. They are programmed to fulfill a specific task and look for specific things. You can all but avoid them (or at least avoid an indefinite suspension) by blending in with all of the "real" newbie sellers, and otherwise following proper stealth procedures as found in the stealth guide and around the forums here.

Also one thing to add about calling them - you don't have to do so from the original phone you used to create the account with. You can honestly use any phone just as long as it isn't actively tied to a suspended account (or ideally no other account at all). Any texting app works fine in a pinch, but any new cheap prepaid phone you could get your hands on is great if you somehow don't have or otherwise can't use the original number.

Last edited by plumsake2; 09-16-2015 at 12:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (09-15-2015)
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Fairly certain there's more to it than the Net10 vs Tracfone. Care to explain your account creation process?
I dont do anything special. I still make the accounts the same way I did last year. The paypal is at 80%, everything minus a bank account attached.

I might be that I moved from NV to OK and I have tons of Fresh IP address. And I mean tons, 3 lines of numbers change on the address vs only 1 or 2 lines in NV. Overall top speed is lower but the connection is much better.
Old 09-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Maybe PP is geographically segmenting their users? The midwesterners are more trusthworthy than those desperate/scammy western coastal people with their crummy economy.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Maybe PP is geographically segmenting their users? The midwesterners are more trusthworthy than those desperate/scammy western coastal people with their crummy economy.
Move to OK, the unemployment rate is around 3.7%. I have never seen so many "now hiring" signs in my life like in OK. Dont mind all of the churches on every corner.

Your theory might have some truths to it.
Old 09-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Move to OK, the unemployment rate is around 3.7%. I have never seen so many "now hiring" signs in my life like in OK. Dont mind all of the churches on every corner.

Your theory might have some truths to it.
I drew an unemployment rate map of the USA in my past job searches. Turns out both of the coasts are horrible, while the oklahoma/texas/kansas area has been doing great since the beginning of the "great recession". Probably due to the oil fields in that area, just like north dakota. (Oil prices have been high since the great recession started; money moving away from the housing market into the commodities, like oil, pushing up oil prices.)

Not too long ago, I was in Charleston, SC (Nuke school). Man, that place was awesome! It's like the great recession never struck there. Used cars on craigslist were late 2000 models with less than 100,000 miles; compare that to the coasts, where you'll typically find 90's models with 200,000+ miles. Signs that people can't afford to buy a new car every 5 years anymore, like they used to.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I drew an unemployment rate map of the USA in my past job searches. Turns out both of the coasts are horrible, while the oklahoma/texas/kansas area has been doing great since the beginning of the "great recession". Probably due to the oil fields in that area, just like north dakota. (Oil prices have been high since the great recession started; money moving away from the housing market into the commodities, like oil, pushing up oil prices.)

Not too long ago, I was in Charleston, SC (Nuke school). Man, that place was awesome! It's like the great recession never struck there. Used cars on craigslist were late 2000 models with less than 100,000 miles; compare that to the coasts, where you'll typically find 90's models with 200,000+ miles. Signs that people can't afford to buy a new car every 5 years anymore, like they used to.
Oh a Navy man...awesome. I was stationed down in Meridian, Mississippi for A school. I was a PN (personal man) when I was in the Navy.

You should see my car, 2010 Prius with 142k miles. And I got it with 70k(?) miles on it.
Old 09-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Oh a Navy man...awesome. I was stationed down in Meridian, Mississippi for A school. I was a PN (personal man) when I was in the Navy.

You should see my car, 2010 Prius with 142k miles. And I got it with 70k(?) miles on it.
Hey, I think I passed by that place on my way to New Orleans when seeing the all too awesome French Quarter. I know I went by Biloxi and Gulf Port, anyhow.

What was in Meridian? Was that for Weather chart reading training or something another? I remember one guy in my bootcamp going to Mississippi for that training. Seems like half of bootcamp was going to pensacola, Florida for Flight deck, can't imagine being one of those guys, lol.

So you're a hybrid driver as well? Nice. I have a 2001 Honda Insight First gen, got about 62-65 mpg back in Charleston (Now gets about 53 mpg in the frigid north.).