Received empty package from the seller, i'm sure it wasn't his fault. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Received empty package from the seller, i'm sure it wasn't his fault.

Hello guys,

So today I went to the post office to pick up the necklace I bought for my daughter, the price of it is 250$.

There was a note on the parcel that the package was re-taped after they received it with a hole, i didn't even notice this and when i went to pickup the package nobody say anything about it.

I just noticed it after I sign it at my home.

My question is, i'm sure this is not the seller fault since he has a lot of feedbacks + the note from the post office confirm that it was opened during the shipment so it probably got stolen.

Is there anything I can do to get my money back? The seller didn't insure the parcel according to what he say and I also don't want him to lose the money but if there's no other way then i don't have a choice.

So anything know what should i do and if i can get my money back? i kept the parcel to take photos with the note from the post office.

thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Received empty package from the seller, i'm sure it wasn't his fault.

Sure, open a case providing all the evidences - picture of the punctured box, and of the notice from the office confirming that the item was not there when it arrived to the PO.
Old 09-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Received empty package from the seller, i'm sure it wasn't his fault.

Open a case in ebay,,,,and advise the SELLER to open a case against the Postal Service,,Ebay cover YOU, the buyer, the Postal Service will most likely deny your claim based on this fact.,,,
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 74%

Don't listen to those 2 above! Don't open a case! Message the seller explaining that item is missing per post office handling and attach a pic of the note that says that it was empty. Any decent seller will work with you and will have it resolved in a way where it benefits both of you by either replacing it or giving you a refund.
Old 09-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post
Don't listen to those 2 above! Don't open a case! Message the seller explaining that item is missing per post office handling and attach a pic of the note that says that it was empty. Any decent seller will work with you and will have it resolved in a way where it benefits both of you by either replacing it or giving you a refund.
If you read the OP mesage you will see hr has already spoken to the seller amd the seller is also clearly trying to fob him off saying he didnt send it insured.

Both are the sellers fault :
1. Didnt package the $250 necklace securely.

2. Didnt insure a $250 item.

Why should the buyer suffer and beg for what they paid for? $250 is not an amount to be laughed at either.
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 76%

Sounds like it was Artann who sold the necklace,
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
If you read the OP mesage you will see hr has already spoken to the seller amd the seller is also clearly trying to fob him off saying he didnt send it insured.

Both are the sellers fault :
1. Didnt package the $250 necklace securely.

2. Didnt insure a $250 item.

Why should the buyer suffer and beg for what they paid for? $250 is not an amount to be laughed at either.
You're assuming the OP spoke to the seller, and didn't just read it from the listing, that the items aren't insured.

Where is the buyers responsibility to ask for and or pay for insurance?

Where is ebays responsibility for not providing an option to provide insurance?

Where is the post offices responsibility for doing a ****ty job ?

Man, of all places, I would not have thought this place would just throw a seller under the bus seemingly instantly with one side of a story. You guys sure sound like ebay.....

And as a side note, WTF isn't the post office ever responsible for keeping the packages safe? I mean, jeez, I can't think of any other business other then shipping, that is able to COMPLETELY do ANYTHING they want to peoples packages, with ZERO recourse, unless you pay THEM insurance. Can you even imagine that in any other scenario? We've been reamed by them so often, that now we just blame sellers. Disgusting
Old 09-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
You're assuming the OP spoke to the seller, and didn't just read it from the listing, that the items aren't insured.

Man, of all places, I would not have thought this place would just throw a seller under the bus seemingly instantly with one side of a story. You guys sure sound like ebay.....

And as a side note, WTF isn't the post office ever responsible for keeping the packages safe? I mean, jeez, I can't think of any other business other then shipping, that is able to COMPLETELY do ANYTHING they want to peoples packages, with ZERO recourse, unless you pay THEM insurance. Can you even imagine that in any other scenario? We've been reamed by them so often, that now we just blame sellers. Disgusting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayers12 View Post
Hello guys,

So today I went to the post office to pick up the necklace I bought for my daughter, the price of it is 250$.

There was a note on the parcel that the package was re-taped after they received it with a hole, i didn't even notice this and when i went to pickup the package nobody say anything about it.

I just noticed it after I sign it at my home.

My question is, i'm sure this is not the seller fault since he has a lot of feedbacks + the note from the post office confirm that it was opened during the shipment so it probably got stolen.

Is there anything I can do to get my money back? The seller didn't insure the parcel according to what he say and I also don't want him to lose the money but if there's no other way then i don't have a choice.

So anything know what should i do and if i can get my money back? i kept the parcel to take photos with the note from the post office.

thanks!
Surely he would have said ''it was written in the listing'' if it was?

If the seller is selling $250+ jewelry and NOT insuring it, he IS at fault. He should charge a few $$$ extra and add insurance.
Because as you say the post office doesn't give a damn how they deal with packages..
Old 09-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post

You also fail to realize the OP is in Israel and this clearly is an international transaction which makes not insuring a parcel far worse.
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 50%

There is only one way to get your money back - refund from the seller. But that's doesn't necessarily mean that you should open a case right away.

I agree with Artann here. Try to work things out with the seller. Explain the whole situation, send him a pictures and the all evidences to prove that it's not one of those buyers scam.

And don't forget that your behaviour as a buyer in this situation might have an affect in future for all buyers from Finland. I mean some sellers (and this particular one) simply might stop ship to your country. So be polite and don't try to act like it's only the seller's problem.

In the end you will get your money back either way. What will be different is impression.
Old 09-15-2015
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%

If the seller didn't insure a 250$ parcel then he shouldn't be selling on ebay.He's also got loads of feedback according to OP, and it was an international transaction, and he still didn't insure it? Sellers at fault completely, must be trying to pull something off.
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Sounds like it was Artann who sold the necklace,

But no I run as far away as I can from jewelry and related products. I have a friend that runs a jewelry company and things that she needs to deal with on daily bases, no thank you. Hers is a high end jewelry and she still has to deal damn people. I can only imagine **** storm it is to be a jewelry seller on eB
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 73%

No matter who's at fault the buyer needs his item in the end. It will be the sellers responsibility, unfortunately.

Seller will learn to insure now.
Old 09-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

As far as my reading comprehension allows, it seem to me that the op has gotten the run around from the seller. Here in the USA the Sender of a package normally files the claim with the Postal Service (irreguardless of whether additional insurance was purchased or not because some methods of shipping automatically include minimal insurance coverage), if that is a fact, then the buyer has a choice, a) Take the loss or b) open a dispute,,,,it's really that simple,,,
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 50%

Whether it was intentional or unintentional we wont really know.

However a few have done something similar to get easy cash.

They were sending gold for cash (they used a postal company ROYAL MAIL which covered a claim of up to £5000 or whatever the sum was but its in the regions of thousands) majority of postal companies offer this when you use there special or next day guaranteed service.

They would send the parcel empty, the gold for cash business will be like ''hey theres nothing in there'' then the scammers will make a claim on the courier saying you have lost my gold that was in the parcel

This is true and does happen so be very careful and please view the following link so you get a idea

Royal Mail fraudsters in £16k "gold for cash" scam | Nottingham Post
Old 09-16-2015

Longevity: 64%

interesting read
Old 09-16-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtheman View Post

They were sending gold for cash (they used a postal company ROYAL MAIL which covered a claim of up to £5000 or whatever the sum was but its in the regions of thousands) majority of postal companies offer this when you use there special or next day guaranteed service.

They would send the parcel empty, the gold for cash business will be like ''hey theres nothing in there'' then the scammers will make a claim on the courier saying you have lost my gold that was in the parcel

This is true and does happen so be very careful and please view the following link so you get a idea

Gold weighs a lot. You can EASILY tell how much the package weighed when it was accepted at the post. I can't imagine how any sane company would be fooled by this.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Rest ASSURED that EVERY single package gets weighted AUTOMATICALLY several times, that is one way that the Postal service can check to see if the proper amount of postage has been purchased, AND to investigate a claim such as this
Old 09-16-2015
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtheman View Post

wish there were a way to do this easily to usps. ive lost too many packages because of those ass holes.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Rest ASSURED that EVERY single package gets weighted AUTOMATICALLY several times, that is one way that the Postal service can check to see if the proper amount of postage has been purchased, AND to investigate a claim such as this
Weight can sometimes be printed on the label - if machine-printed
Old 09-17-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Weight can sometimes be printed on the label - if machine-printed
Not only that, were assuming by that comment they actually follow their guide lines.
Old 09-18-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post

Only do it if they don't reply after a week. Your right ! I know people will do this so their account won't be flagged for "suspious activity