eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   And eBay claims it is concerned about stopping counterfeits (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/89638-ebay-claims-concerned-about-stopping-counterfeits.html)

astralman 09-23-2015 03:37 AM

Re: And eBay claims it is concerned about stopping counterfeits

Hey ovidiu,

Sorry to say it man ( I got nothing against you), but your an idiot. Why? You said you got years of experience and you bought an item that cost way more in retail, knowing that this has to be a one of those bad versions for such a low price. If you didn't know then your an idiot for having years of experience like you said and the price is a trigger alert. Get over it, you want to stop bad people because it will make ebay harder? How about you stop relying on ebay forever and find something else because ebay and paypal won't be forever around. Yeah I know what he's doing is bad, but like I like to say people learn only from mistakes and plus this is a world where cash rules and people will do whatever to make money like it or not.

Most software companies like microsoft are already moving to subcription based software in the usa to counter boxed piracy so don't worry about it and move on. Don't want to get ripped off ever? Buy from the actual store who makes the product.

Some of these companies sell there product too dam high. I remember microsoft office professional 2010 was like $400-500 dollars in stores too dam high for a microsoft product that we all need to use. Of course companies they have to pay there developers, the company, taxes, tons of things and all these people make alot of money especially software developers like 100k so yeah they got to charge alot of money for products. It's a world where the bigger fish eats the smaller fish. It's a messed up world especially where money rules. I hope someday the world is fueled on a less money for a happier world. Tell you making money in this world for alot of people is stressfull. Goodluck.

glacier922 09-23-2015 02:30 PM

Instead of using ms office, why not just use open office? I use that to track ip all the time, loads way faster too unlike all those spam spyware on ms office.

muzzie 09-23-2015 02:38 PM

Google Sheets work nice as well!

ovidiu 09-23-2015 03:32 PM

Uh guys, I bought this to resell. I don't own a Mac or need MS Office (I use Wordpad). And at $100 it wasn't exactly a red alarm for counterfeits, especially since it's the first time I've seen this particular product counterfeited.

To those who are sympathizing with the phake seller or saying I am an idiot, shame on you.

glacier922 09-23-2015 03:55 PM

The problem Google sheets come to mind is...Google! Reading all your stealths and passwords, if numbers, not sure if I'm comfortable with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 707949)
Google Sheets work nice as well!

sergfro 09-23-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 707972)
Uh guys, I bought this to resell. I don't own a Mac or need MS Office (I use Wordpad). And at $100 it wasn't exactly a red alarm for counterfeits, especially since it's the first time I've seen this particular product counterfeited.

To those who are sympathizing with the phake seller or saying I am an idiot, shame on you.

first time you've seen MS Office counterfeited? lmao what planet are you living in?

dealagreeproceed 09-23-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 707972)

ahh that explains everything. your mad because you bought it to resell... makes sense now... alright end of story.:ballchain:

ovidiu 09-23-2015 04:34 PM

first time you've seen MS Office counterfeited? lmao what planet are you living in?

I've seen more counterfeit office than you'll see real ones in your life. Just the first time I've seen this particular SKU counterfeited.

ahh that explains everything. your mad because you bought it to resell... makes sense now... alright end of story.

Boy, what a hoot. So because I bought to resell, I don't deserve a genuine item?

The irony here is that the same people siding with the counterfeiters will be the ones running to this forum whining about how all categories are restricted and how can they apply for permission to list.

It's ok to go download a hacked copy of whatever and run it on your machine. That's up to the user to decide if he wants to do that. But when you sell a counterfeited copy on some venue and pass it off as the real deal, that is dishonest, illegal, and just plain wrong.

LoopHole 09-23-2015 05:42 PM

I honestly think the biggest problem for ebay and paypal and sellers are the hackers and the professional scammers that abuse ebay's and paypals system. I doubt all the restrictions that are put in place by ebay/paypal is because of counterfeit sellers. After all ebay collects their fee from those items being sold. They allow most of it.

MM78 09-23-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 707982)
when you sell a counterfeited copy on some venue and pass it off as the real deal, that is dishonest, illegal, and just plain wrong.

Completely Agree, doesn't matter why you bought the software...the fact is that you were sold a f@ke and you have the right to get your money back and if so desired...leave the seller a negative. The Seller should be removed from selling and if possible prosecuted for selling the f@ke software. It's idiots like him that give the legit sellers a bad rep in the end.

flyriver 09-23-2015 09:50 PM

Bigger issue is stealth users who not pay there fees when account gets suspended...ebay not happy when they losing money, doubt ebay care much about counterfeit, thats why companys have legal team to prowl ebay and remove listings of their products.

james13v 09-23-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyriver (Post 708051)
Bigger issue is stealth users who not pay there fees when account gets suspended...ebay not happy when they losing money, doubt ebay care much about counterfeit, thats why companys have legal team to prowl ebay and remove listings of their products.

I highly doubt that to be the case. I doubt this is a big issue for ebay AT ALL.

ovidiu 09-23-2015 10:06 PM

They probably just find a way to pass it on to the rest of us.

Counterfeits are a big deal to eBay ONLY, and ONLY if a big fuss is made about it, lawsuits filed, stories in the media. Otherwise, I agree, they don't give a crap about it!

Dmshark25 09-23-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 708054)
They probably just find a way to pass it on to the rest of us.

Counterfeits are a big deal to eBay ONLY, and ONLY if a big fuss is made about it, lawsuits filed, stories in the media. Otherwise, I agree, they don't give a crap about it!

Counterfeit products are never going away , it's just too big , if that business were to just stop, it would be a devastating impact on global economy.

It's such a big business that Alibaba became a publicly traded company, and they are basically made up of sellers that manufacturer copies of everything.

You just need to be aware of it and always assume that an item is not the original when buying from 3rd party sellers in certain categories especially like Software.

If it's a small seller, selling just a few items but high volume at a great price, you need to question that and not expect that it is genuine , just the way it is and will always be

ovidiu 09-23-2015 10:40 PM

That is indeed my usual procedure. Just caught off guard this time because this product has NOT been counterfeited before; these phakes just came out.

dealagreeproceed 09-24-2015 12:38 AM

Honestly just use common sense people OR just ask before purchasing OR just shop at actual brick n mortar stores if you care that much...:ranger:

solefoodbk 09-24-2015 01:56 AM

I barely have time to post here because increase in business. Complaining really will do you nothing....

Keep it moving.

You are not Microsoft so whatever they do is out of your control so calmly just let it go man. Lol

solefoodbk 09-24-2015 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 708091)
Honestly just use common sense people OR just ask before purchasing OR just shop at actual brick n mortar stores if you care that much...:ranger:

1 vote for brick & motor!

dealagreeproceed 09-24-2015 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 708103)
I barely have time to post here because increase in business. Complaining really will do you nothing....

Keep it moving.

You are not Microsoft so whatever they do is out of your control so calmly just let it go man. Lol

this exactly.............:peace:

omdano 09-24-2015 12:49 PM

LOL counterfeits fighting my ass