The buyers side of a MC019 Violation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default The buyers side of a MC019 Violation

If a seller receives a MC019 Trademark violation alert on an item, what exactly is sent to the buyers of the auction in question? Ive seen the sellers email for MC019 plenty of times. But what does the email usually tell the buyers about the situation?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

it tells the buyers that the item was removed by ebay and their bids have been cancelled. Also if they paid then they should attempt to get a refund
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Right but does anyone have a copy of the exact message they send?
Old 01-19-2009

Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Default MC019 Trademark violation

Hello ###### (#######@yahoo###),

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

######## - FREE SHIPPING Inter Milan QUARESMA #77 Away sz M or XL

However, eBay has had to remove the listing and suspend the seller's account. All bids or offers have been cancelled. As a result you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by cheque or bank deposit.

- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in PayPal Buyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Resolution Centre in My eBay and click on I haven't received it yet or I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

########################

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety team
Old 01-19-2009

Send a message via MSN to jesseinkaron
Default MC015 Trademark violation

Hello, ######## (#######@yahoo.com),

Thank you for your bid on the following listing:

####### - FREE SHIPPING Inter Milan QUARESMA #77 Away sz M or XL

However, eBay has had to remove the listing and suspend the seller's account. All bids or offers have been cancelled. As a result you no longer have any obligation to purchase this item.

We hope you understand that due to privacy reasons we're unable to discuss the details of why this listing was ended.

*Important*
We strongly recommend that you do not go ahead with the purchase however if you have already paid for this item but haven't received it, you need to act quickly to get your money back.

- Contact your bank to stop payment if you paid by cheque or bank deposit.

- Contact your credit card company if you paid by credit card.

- If you paid with PayPal, you may be eligible for up to $20,000 in PayPal Buyer Protection. To file a dispute go to the Resolution Centre in My eBay and click on I haven't received it yet or I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:

##########################

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety team
Old 01-19-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

OMG!

That letter SUCKS!

I could understand them sending that if they knew for a fact fraud was involved with the seller or they knew an account got taken over.

But what about a seller with perfect feedback who is just trying to sell their item. So much for trying to work things out with the seller, the seller is just basically screwed...and if a suspension followed this they would be double screwed in trying to recover their item.

Now I can understand why certain members here take out their revenge with Ebay fee's.

I just can't believe that's their standard letter...

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-19-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-19-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the great info. Ive NEVER had an account suspended due to MC019. Actually, Ive never had an ebay account suspended at all. It was always paypal.

Out of all the MC019 violations my accounts have received. Only once did the buyer actually follow through with ebays orders for a refund. The payment was reversed even after I shipped the item. So I called them and said a competitor reported me and to please send the money back. Once they received the item, they sent the money back and that was a done deal. Ive had customers ask why it happened, any old story seems to work.

If I get a violation and know people have bid on the item, I flood their inbox with item has shipped information as well so everything looks fine on their end.
Old 01-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

a fyi only, the buyer can get that email for a finished bid. If a seller's account goes down for a MC015/MC019 older transactions can get the same regardless of FB being given etc.

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-19-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-25-2010

Longevity: 78%

This is the letter one of my buyers received 3 days ago. It clearly tells the buyer to try and get a refund and doesn't tell them to not do this even if they received the item. I received 4 bogus "not received" complaints in 5 hours yesterday. Ebay purposely does this in an attempt to not only drain your Paypal account, but also to further sabotage your ID and make it harder for you to make a comeback.

Hello ******* (******@yahoo.com),

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:

XXXXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXX JERSEY SZ 52

To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.

If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)
Old 09-25-2010

Luckily one of my buyers is good person and forwarded me the email.
Old 09-25-2010

All that is a double edge sword for ebay though, as if your account is closed by them and you do not use the ebay system marking as shipped, then they send that message out to your customers and then refund your fees.
My fees dropped from £125. down to £28. and the fees were mainly from completed sales.
You do have to watch the account though as you may get a player or two trying to get the money and the item, which they can once you have been kicked. They do not have to send it back but if you are not in the wrong and you just aske them to return it then ebay pays them out of their own pocket if they return it or not.

But the funniest messages I think you get off ebay is the one when someone has asked seller a question and they send that "you have contacted them or they have contacted you message. It makes you feel like a criminal for getting the message.

The other one is we have returned this account to the user, as their account was hijacked. Then they go on to say do not have anything to do with this user.

I wonder who wrote their messages and thought they were OK before they become part of the copy and paste pile of s***?

Last edited by isitworththestress; 09-25-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yeah, 4 months ago... i received $230 in fees back. this time it was just $121. Now just waiting for ebay to deposit the funds
Old 09-25-2010

@Isitworth

The letters were sent out to items that were marked shipped and verified received prior to the sending. Just not to ones with feedback.

@Bizzy

Do they actually refund you for the fee's and if so, how long does it take? I have 3 similar account where fee's are negative now.
Old 09-25-2010
MU

Funny HOW EBAY SAYS THIS: If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund.

Ebay doesn't even bother to say if you have received your item then this auction is stated as completed, lol ebay is complete corrupted.
Old 09-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmbr34 View Post
@Isitworth

The letters were sent out to items that were marked shipped and verified received prior to the sending. Just not to ones with feedback.

@Bizzy

Do they actually refund you for the fee's and if so, how long does it take? I have 3 similar account where fee's are negative now.
Sorry I have never sold ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so they may just go back as far as they can, as all sales would be wrong to them.

As to getting your fees back, you should get a message when they are closing your account saying we have canceled all your auctions and have sent a message to all the buyers, or something along those lines and then list the items they have canceled, then state you have been refunded the fees for those items. So it is done instantly.
Old 09-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I have been suspended and all fees I paid to ebay were never returned to me and I couldn't even look to see there amount owned to me page. They stole 781.00 bucks. Lied to me on the phone and everything. That was a costly mistake on there part...
Old 09-27-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I have been suspended and all fees I paid to ebay were never returned to me and I couldn't even look to see there amount owned to me page. They stole 781.00 bucks. Lied to me on the phone and everything. That was a costly mistake on there part...
lol, you sound like your gonna kidnap ebay's ceo lol
Old 09-27-2010

Longevity: 79%
Send a message via AIM to DAILYHUNDRED

When i get this violation i just email all my buyers telling them ebay removed my listings blah blah that i got reported by a seller(competition) and that i will send out the items. I never had a buyer try to get a refund they all are cool with it.
Old 09-27-2010

I sent out a few to waiting customers, but never thought it would be completed sales I'd have to worry about.
Old 09-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

International sales just wait for this. i have some chick in russia that recently ordered a $55 item, she's gonna end up screwing me... in a bad way. Not much i can do, basically the $120 i received in fees is gonna have to go for these 2 cases that were opened by international sales. I swear if i didn't hammer people on postage for international sales, i'd stop shipping internationally. I just make too much charging them out the .... for postage, and they pay it too! More times than not, it all goes well.So it's worth it, in the risk vs reward factor