Below Standard on eBay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Below Standard on eBay account

On one of my accounts I have a Below Standard status for the most current evaluation period 12 months:Dec 01, 2014 - Nov 30, 2015.

8.21%of my transactions had defects (11 out of 134) - most were from a product I am no longer selling.

I am now up to 160 products sold to date with no further negative feedback. I have 84 positive feedback score and I continue to sell right now.

The next evaluation period is Dec 20 and I'm wondering whether I should continue to sell more products to show eBay that I still continue to gain positive feedback or should I put the brakes on the account?

Is this account dead in the water when they evaluate on Dec 20th?

Do I need to move on and forget about this account or what?

Thanks again for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2015

Longevity: 89%
Default Re: Below Standard on eBay account

Ebay doesn't forgive and forget too easily. Its all about return business and making money and anyone in the red is high risk, not on just that account but all accounts linked to them. I made the mistake of trying to increase my seller limits based on a long standing above standard seller account. It backfired.

I spoke to two people there Ben in Risk assessment/management and Kimberly in Trust and Safety. Ben basically told me to close all my accounts and just have one, while Kim initially told me that if I can get the account in red above standard (start selling items) then that would help me meet the performance and prevent the other accounts from being affected. However she turned colors quickly on me and told me that all my accounts would be suspended from ebay because I was a high risk based on previous poor performance/suspended accounts. So I don't know what to believe? Right now I'm trying to get that account up out of the red like you. I may close my other accounts and have just one remaining to play it safe, but I'm also not sure what to do either?
Old 12-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo623 View Post
Ebay doesn't forgive and forget too easily. Its all about return business and making money and anyone in the red is high risk, not on just that account but all accounts linked to them. I made the mistake of trying to increase my seller limits based on a long standing above standard seller account. It backfired.

I spoke to two people there Ben in Risk assessment/management and Kimberly in Trust and Safety. Ben basically told me to close all my accounts and just have one, while Kim initially told me that if I can get the account in red above standard (start selling items) then that would help me meet the performance and prevent the other accounts from being affected. However she turned colors quickly on me and told me that all my accounts would be suspended from ebay because I was a high risk based on previous poor performance/suspended accounts. So I don't know what to believe? Right now I'm trying to get that account up out of the red like you. I may close my other accounts and have just one remaining to play it safe, but I'm also not sure what to do either?
Well, this account is not linked to any other accounts so that is not an issue here.
The concern here is whether they will allow me to continue selling on this account and give me a chance to raise my standards or are they just going to shut me down without mercy.

From the seller dashboard I show the following:I have 2 negative, 1 neutral and 84 positive feedback. The 2 negative were claiming that the product they received was refurbished and not new.

It was NOT refurbished but evidently they had a malfunction with it and claimed it as refurbished and defective.

The neutral feedback was: "Item promised wasn't sent but the full refund was given without any questions" which once again is not true.

It may have had a problem like the others but whatever was described in the listing was sent in a new condition (original packaging, unopened, etc.)

I had 8 return requests within the year and only three mentioned gave negative,neutral feedback.

Other than that I have a positive 84 feedback score with all excellent comments, people thanking me for the excellent product, excellent service, excellent seller, etc.

From the seller dashboard:

Items and listings %2.24%----Count 3
Low detailed seller ratings for item as described

Opened cases for items not as described
0.00%-----0
Return Requests: items not as described
5.97%-----8

Shipping and delivery -
Low detailed seller ratings for shipping time
0.00%--------0
Requests: items not received
0.00%--------0

Neutral or negative feedback:
Neutral or negative feedback from buyers 2.24%----3

Canceled transactions - 0.00%
Transactions you canceled - 0
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've heard stories on here about sellers who successfully continued selling for over a year after their account went below standard, but in my personal experience, you're done on your next eval. Have you tried getting the negative/neutral feedback people to revise their feedback for a refund? It's kind of odd though that you would have 8 INAD returns. Buyers generally don't go through the hassle of returning something unless they truly feel they have been ripped off.

This is why I like an account that gets a ton of order daily. High volume of sales creates a nice buffer for my defect rating, as long as the majority of my customers stay happy. 8 returns wouldn't drop me even .1%
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo623 View Post

You've got a lot to learn about stealth. Once you learn how to properly stealth it's very easy to keep all of your accounts separate. And it's very nice to have large deposits coming in from 8 P/P's every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-16-2015)
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I am missing something. Even IF you loose the account in a week, why would you stop selling today?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-16-2015), rsot (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I am missing something. Even IF you loose the account in a week, why would you stop selling today?
Yeah, true that. I hadn't even considered that. 5 days could be enough to at least get up to 5%. Either way I wouldn't just abandon the account
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yeah, true that. I hadn't even considered that. 5 days could be enough to at least get up to 5%. Either way I wouldn't just abandon the account
Never leave money on the table. I do not understand the logic. If I knew or thought I was going to loose an ebay account, I would sell absolutely as much as I could before it being limited.
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@nostro, your account could survive but might as well pump it with good ratings before the evaluation.

Also, it seems like you have other accounts so that's good - get those working as notable backups.
Old 12-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Question I now have on this: The eBay evaluation date 20th is this Sunday and I want to be able to withdraw my funds out of PayPal before eBay drops the hammer.

Can I keep selling until the last minute or do I need to stop like today so I can make sure my funds transfer completes from PayPal to my bank account?

If I initiate the withdrawal from PayPal can eBay stop the transfer because they closed my account or not?

Do I just need to make sure I leave enough in PayPal to pay the eBay fees to date?

Thanks again for your help
Old 12-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

I doubt you will have issues with paypal in any way unless you have a pile of disputes or chargbacks. My guess is that the paypal will be fine.
Old 12-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I doubt you will have issues with paypal in any way unless you have a pile of disputes or chargbacks. My guess is that the paypal will be fine.
Meaning I can continue to sell until the last minute and even if eBay shuts me down I can still go to PayPal and withdraw whatever I have accumulated there minus the amount for eBay fees, correct?
Old 12-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
Meaning I can continue to sell until the last minute and even if eBay shuts me down I can still go to PayPal and withdraw whatever I have accumulated there minus the amount for eBay fees, correct?
most likely, yes.
Old 12-16-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

This is like finding out you have a terminal illness and you ask yourself what would you like to do before you die?
Old 12-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
This is like finding out you have a terminal illness and you ask yourself what would you like to do before you die?
Based on your experience is this account history with no chance of redemption?
Old 12-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Lol, I have a couple of these below standard accts. your listings will be all the way at the bottom, and prices are rarely any good. just create a new one and you're good to go.
Old 12-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Lol, I have a couple of these below standard accts. your listings will be all the way at the bottom, and prices are rarely any good. just create a new one and you're good to go.
OP is worried he will get banned and loose the paypal account. Glad you piped in and said those things did not happen to give him confidence to keep on selling wjile the account is in good standing.
Old 12-16-2015

Longevity: 56%

Paypal won't have problems, doubt the ebay will get banned either, will just get put at the back of the search results.
20th of december update will be on your transactions to the end of november so you can't get it up now, your transactions this month will go on the january 20th update
Old 12-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

1st month low standard is usally a reminder to be aware of issues.

Take it as a grace time to get back on track, imho.
Old 12-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
That's so unproductive if you think about it. They let the account stay open but they punish you by keeping you at the bottom of the listings.

What's the point? Do they even give you a chance to redeem yourself?

If you look at the New seller performance standards coming February 2016, I am rated at Top Seller status in every category based on my current performance.

With their current performance standards I'm rated at Below Standard Performance.

Do you think maybe eBay is beginning to notice that their current performance standards are not working and could be a detriment to their bottom line?
Old 12-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Just the way eBay is. It's one step shy of suspending you, I had an acct that increased to 100/1000, then reduced to 5/100. One more step, they suspend you. I've sold on this 5/100, maxed out for a couple months and it never goes back up. I say screw it, and moved on. They've got plenty of sellers on there to make their commissions, so when you're gone, someone else will replace you. Hey maybe you can replace yourself in your new acct?

And yes, I think the new performance standard are here because so many accts gets killed that they lose quite a bit of their 10%,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostro View Post
That's so unproductive if you think about it. They let the account stay open but they punish you by keeping you at the bottom of the listings.

What's the point? Do they even give you a chance to redeem yourself?

If you look at the New seller performance standards coming February 2016, I am rated at Top Seller status in every category based on my current performance.

With their current performance standards I'm rated at Below Standard Performance.

Do you think maybe eBay is beginning to notice that their current performance standards are not working and could be a detriment to their bottom line?
Old 12-18-2015

I find it when you slow down on sales on accounts with issues you have a better survivor rate. I have a account with only one feedback and its negative making my feedback score -1. As of now that account can list 1 item a month until im at 0 feedback score. 1 item a month is a little to slow but keep sales lower after a hit like that.