How to get back to Above Standard fast? Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-08-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default How to get back to Above Standard fast? Help!

My projected seller level for January 20th is below standard. How do I get out of this? I have just over 10 days to try and improve it but I've never been below standard before so don't know how it works.

"5.90% of your transactions had defects"
*2.95% (9) came from 'item not received' cases which I found a lot of people just open up cases to ask a question rather than just simply messaging me.
*1.64% (5) - low stars for postage time.
*1.94% (6) - neutral or negative feedback left from buyers - some of the feedbacks left were for ridiculous reasons.

The rest were just low percentage for other things but these were the high ones. I have already asked some of my buyers who left negative feedback if they will change it if I offer them a discount and some have already agreed so hopefully that will lower that percentage.

But what else can I do? Its a rough time as well because I'm currently waiting on new stock so don't have much to sell until mid next week probably. What can I do to get back to above standard? Any tips will help as I don't fully understand how to do it.

Thank you and sorry for posting a similar post yesterday!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: How to get back to Above Standard fast? Help!

The ONLY two ways is to have defects removed and have transactions.

Removing defects can bee tricky. If someone opens a case and leaves negative feedback, you have to have BOTH removed to have any value for example.

The easiest and BEST way is to have transactions. So sell as much good product as fast as you can and offer superb customer service.

Dilute the defects with transactions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dan_ebay (01-08-2016), HAHlala (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 48%
Thumbs up Re: How to get back to Above Standard fast? Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
The ONLY two ways is to have defects removed and have transactions.

Removing defects can bee tricky. If someone opens a case and leaves negative feedback, you have to have BOTH removed to have any value for example.

The easiest and BEST way is to have transactions. So sell as much good product as fast as you can and offer superb customer service.

Dilute the defects with transactions.

You are right... buy small thing of my and resell......... and I Will buy again...
Old 01-08-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Go to poundland. Buy tonnes of items you can sell right away for a small profit or loss.

Most items won't be viable to sell on there own so maybe sell 5 in a bundle etc. Use your imagination.

You need to sell more so you have more transactions which in turn will dilute the current defect percentage. The good news is you're not that far over the limit (5%) so it should be easily done.

Buyers changing their feedback does not remove the defect. It will stay on your dashboard. Save your self the time and effort and concentrate on selling things quickly.
Old 01-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Go to poundland. Buy tonnes of items you can sell right away for a small profit or loss.

Most items won't be viable to sell on there own so maybe sell 5 in a bundle etc. Use your imagination.

You need to sell more so you have more transactions which in turn will dilute the current defect percentage. The good news is you're not that far over the limit (5%) so it should be easily done.

Buyers changing their feedback does not remove the defect. It will stay on your dashboard. Save your self the time and effort and concentrate on selling things quickly.
Thank you for your help! Do you have any idea roughly how many items I would need to sell with good feedback to do that? A lot of past customers haven't left feedback so thinking of messaging all those members and asking them if they could leave positive feedback.
Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 56%

I answered this in another thread yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
you can't stop it going below standard unless you get some defects removed. January evaluation will be based on your oct,nov,dec sales so it will either stay the same or get worse
And the 5 postage time defects are likely to be from the same people who negged you (check it by running a report and get any negs removed who didn't leave another defect)

unlikely ebay would remove the postage time or item not received unless you have tracking and you need atleast 3 of the defects removed even if you don't get anymore so its almost certain you're going to go below standard.
Get a load of sales in the next 12 days before ebay chuck your listings in the dustbin so that its above standard again next month

Last edited by dan_ebay; 01-08-2016 at 04:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016
just_smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Thank you for your help! Do you have any idea roughly how many items I would need to sell with good feedback to do that? A lot of past customers haven't left feedback so thinking of messaging all those members and asking them if they could leave positive feedback.
Your defect rate is calculated against your transactions, not your feedback.

If you're on a 3 monthly cycle, tell us how many sales you have made, it will tell you on your seller dashboard.

If we know that we can tell you how many defect free transactions you need to drop below 5%.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

NO FEEDBACK IS THE BEST FEEDBACK!

Defects are based on TRANSACTIONS. If you start asking people to leave feedback, some might leave low ratings. NO FEEDBACK is the same as if you have FIVE STARS for every transaction that does not leave you feedback. If a buyer does not leave feedback, they can not leave you a defect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-08-2016), k_lock (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Your defect rate is calculated against your transactions, not your feedback.

If you're on a 3 monthly cycle, tell us how many sales you have made, it will tell you on your seller dashboard.

If we know that we can tell you how many defect free transactions you need to drop below 5%.
I've been using eBay for years but mostly just casually so don't fully understand that yet. What I don't understand is that you said my defect rate isn't calculated against my feedback however on my defect rate it says 1.64% of my defect rate has come from my negative/neutral feedback?

My dashboard doesn't say anything about being on a 3 month cycle however it says from the 1st of Jan 2015-31st Dec 2015 I made 305 sales but I really didn't sell anything for the first 7 months of the year. It says 18 of the 305 sales had defects which has put me below standard at 5.90%.

I'm not sure if that info helps at all. Let me know if you have any idea how many sales I need to make roughly to get back to above standard.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
I answered this in another thread yesterday

And the 5 postage time defects are likely to be from the same people who negged you (check it by running a report and get any negs removed who didn't leave another defect)

unlikely ebay would remove the postage time or item not received unless you have tracking and you need atleast 3 of the defects removed even if you don't get anymore so its almost certain you're going to go below standard.
Get a load of sales in the next 12 days before ebay chuck your listings in the dustbin so that its above standard again next month
Thanks! You said I can run a report which I have done but what do you mean about getting the negative feedback removed who didn't leave another defect? How do you do that?
Old 01-08-2016

Longevity: 67%

You're going to need to sell ~20 to push yourself below 5% to be projected above after this month's evaluation.

You're on a 12 month evaluation plan, you need to sell more than 400 transactions in less than 12 months to be evaluated for the past 3 months.

A few things to note from that I've researched is;

*people who are on 12 month evaluations usually get more leniency from eBay's bots when they drop below standards

*defects for slow shipping feedback/cases are not viewed as damaging as item not described

*I believe BELOW STANDARD suspensions are mostly automated, the judge & jury is a bot and it will decided if you're worth the risk to allow to keep selling.

The best bet you have for saving your account is trying to remove as many defects as possible & selling as much as you can this month, shipping same day, and for the love of god avoiding ALL possible defects-- I would send a personal message to all your buyers thanking them for their business and if they have any questions/problems to message you; this gives them an easy way to contact you if something goes wrong without accidentally opening up a case/return.
Old 01-09-2016
just_smile

Quote:
I've been using eBay for years but mostly just casually so don't fully understand that yet. What I don't understand is that you said my defect rate isn't calculated against my feedback however on my defect rate it says 1.64% of my defect rate has come from my negative/neutral feedback?

My dashboard doesn't say anything about being on a 3 month cycle however it says from the 1st of Jan 2015-31st Dec 2015 I made 305 sales but I really didn't sell anything for the first 7 months of the year. It says 18 of the 305 sales had defects which has put me below standard at 5.90%.

I'm not sure if that info helps at all. Let me know if you have any idea how many sales I need to make roughly to get back to above standard.

Thanks!
Forget about how it's calculated. It's not important with regards to getting below the 5%.

My maths isn't the best, and ive just woke up, so someone do jump in if my calculations are wrong.

18 defects in 305 sales =5.90%
18 defects in 365 sales = 4.95%

So you need to make 60 more sales without receiving any new defects to get below the 5%.

Then you really need to look at your selling practices. 18 defects in 305 sales is quite a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Forget about how it's calculated. It's not important with regards to getting below the 5%.

My maths isn't the best, and ive just woke up, so someone do jump in if my calculations are wrong.

18 defects in 305 sales =5.90%
18 defects in 365 sales = 4.95%

So you need to make 60 more sales without receiving any new defects to get below the 5%.

Then you really need to look at your selling practices. 18 defects in 305 sales is quite a lot.
Most of those sales were from November-December and the majority of the defects came from people opening up 'item not received' cases on pre-order items. I stated in the listing their products would be shipped within 5 working days when the new stock arrived but some people didn't read the listing and opened up a case within a few days when they hadn't received their items. I probably shouldn't of done pre-order as I now realise that was stupid on my part but I didn't realise how busy I would be in December and completely ran out of stock so didn't want to not sell anything.

Thank you for all your help, I will try and make as many sales as I can within the next 10 days but I'm very limited on stock so not sure what I can do. Just to clarify.. even if I sell around 60 items and nobody leaves any feedback at all that will get me out of below standard? Sorry for all the stupid questions!
Old 01-09-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
You're going to need to sell ~20 to push yourself below 5% to be projected above after this month's evaluation.

You're on a 12 month evaluation plan, you need to sell more than 400 transactions in less than 12 months to be evaluated for the past 3 months.

A few things to note from that I've researched is;

*people who are on 12 month evaluations usually get more leniency from eBay's bots when they drop below standards

*defects for slow shipping feedback/cases are not viewed as damaging as item not described

*I believe BELOW STANDARD suspensions are mostly automated, the judge & jury is a bot and it will decided if you're worth the risk to allow to keep selling.

The best bet you have for saving your account is trying to remove as many defects as possible & selling as much as you can this month, shipping same day, and for the love of god avoiding ALL possible defects-- I would send a personal message to all your buyers thanking them for their business and if they have any questions/problems to message you; this gives them an easy way to contact you if something goes wrong without accidentally opening up a case/return.
Thank you so much for all that, thats a bit of a relief as I don't think I've had any item not as described cases its mainly item not received when people were being a bit impatient close to christmas. But all these cases were resolved without eBay.

So if you fall into below standard for just 1 month you might get kicked off just automatically? I always thought it would be fine for a month but if you stayed below standard for longer than a month then they might consider suspending you.

The weird thing is in my seller dashboard it says "If we were to evaluate you today, your seller level would be Above Standard", but then it says my projected seller level for the 20th is below standard. Why is that?

Just going to try and sell as much as I can and hope for the best! Thanks again.
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
"If we were to evaluate you today, your seller level would be Above Standard", but then it says my projected seller level for the 20th is below standard. Why is that?

New metrics for next month compared to how it is calculated today.
Old 01-09-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
New metrics for next month compared to how it is calculated today.
But aren't the new changes going to mean its much easier for sellers as there is less things to get defects for so shouldn't it be the other way around?
Old 01-09-2016
Threadstarter  

This is probably a stupid question but to make sales quick do you reckon I could list a multiple listing of something cheap like postage bags and list 30 of them or something and then buy all 30 of them on my other account? Would that count as 30 sales? or does it just count as 1 sale? And would they catch on with this? Its just I don't see me making 60+ sales within the next 10 days because I have no stock left at all really.
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This is probably a stupid question but to make sales quick do you reckon I could list a multiple listing of something cheap like postage bags and list 30 of them or something and then buy all 30 of them on my other account? Would that count as 30 sales? or does it just count as 1 sale? And would they catch on with this? Its just I don't see me making 60+ sales within the next 10 days because I have no stock left at all really.
For every ebay user who buys in a week counts ONCE. So of you have a buyer buy 100 items this week, even if on 100 separate auctions, it counts as ONE transaction.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Also, sales from October, November and December will count on January 20th. Non of the January sales will count until next month. That gives you 40 days to get at least 60 sales with no defects before Feburary evaluation. Also, you will be under the new ratings then as well and should be in better shape.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

As you stated above, with FEBRUARY standards, you would be above standard. I still recommend selling as much as you can before then because we are not exactly clear how retroactive ebay is going to be.
Old 01-09-2016

Longevity: 56%

So if he gets customers to change a negative feedback to positive feedback, it doesn't remove the defect?
Old 01-09-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by storcogato View Post
So if he gets customers to change a negative feedback to positive feedback, it doesn't remove the defect?
Depends on a few things. If the negative also had a case opened, then no it will not remove the case or defect. If it was just a negative only with not case then yes it would.