eBay MC011 and PayPal Limited with -£3.5k - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-11-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Unhappy eBay MC011 and PayPal Limited with -£3.5k

Hey Guys,

First post on the forum, been a lurker for a while even before I got a profile. Got the stealth guide and its great, would recommend it for beginners like me. On the other note I am here today to ask for advice.

Was part of the hoverboard craze a few weeks back, the first lot when smoothly and great then decided to change suppliers because they were cheaper and they essentially sent me pieces of rubbish. Sold them on all but it seems they were made so badly that over 45% were breaking after a few days use and the media was not helping my position. So customers were just asking for returns.

The eBay account hit like a 15% defect rate and Now my eBay account has been restricted until i resolve all the issue and my PayPal has been limited until I resolve the negative balance.

My question is, should I deal with these issues, or are PayPal and eBaying giving false promises. When I pay these off can they just not reinstate me or unlimit me. I spoke to reps who said once its sorted ill be fine but i really don't believe them.This was my personal eBay and paypal had over 100k go through it and i don't really want to stealth for the rest of my life.

Thanks guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: eBay MC011 and PayPal Limited with -£3.5k

It's impossible to be sure exactly what they will do.

It does need to be dealt with though, after that you just need to keep your fingers crossed.
Old 01-11-2016

Longevity: 67%

How established is your account? Do you have a long history of positive selling before this?

eBay gave me a second chance for a high defect rate + an MC011, but my sellers account had been going for 3 years and it was my first problem on it... so you may be able to get off factoring that in.

The MC011 should have given you instructions to 'appeal' by replying once you've taken care of all the issues, so really go out of your way to make as many buyers who complained happy (when they review your account for the appeal it will show).

Make sure your appeal letter explains why things went wrong, how you've fixed them, and how you'll avoid them in the future.

As far as your paypal goes, I'm not sure-- I would get a positive balance ASAP though, since they can put collection agencies on you since it's your real info account.

Best of luck,
Old 01-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
How established is your account? Do you have a long history of positive selling before this?

eBay gave me a second chance for a high defect rate + an MC011, but my sellers account had been going for 3 years and it was my first problem on it... so you may be able to get off factoring that in.

The MC011 should have given you instructions to 'appeal' by replying once you've taken care of all the issues, so really go out of your way to make as many buyers who complained happy (when they review your account for the appeal it will show).

Make sure your appeal letter explains why things went wrong, how you've fixed them, and how you'll avoid them in the future.

As far as your paypal goes, I'm not sure-- I would get a positive balance ASAP though, since they can put collection agencies on you since it's your real info account.

Best of luck,
Thanks for that really helped.

It's a sellers account that is just over 7 years old, there is not one negative feedback, throughout this no buyer has left negs just stated they didn't want it. There were so many returns however it gone on top of me and I didnt handle it well. They said I can appeal the decision once I resolve the outstanding cases and negative balance, which is what I might do.
Old 01-11-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sugar View Post
Thanks for that really helped.

It's a sellers account that is just over 7 years old, there is not one negative feedback, throughout this no buyer has left negs just stated they didn't want it. There were so many returns however it gone on top of me and I didnt handle it well. They said I can appeal the decision once I resolve the outstanding cases and negative balance, which is what I might do.
When you got the MC011 did they just restrict your from revising/listing or did they also pull all of your listings?

When I got mine, they just stopped me from listing or revising current auctions, but everything stayed up... if yours did the same I'd say you have a very good chance at beating it.

Even if they did it's worth a shot, but when it comes to things like this with eBay, be ready for some bad news & start thinking about plan B.
Old 01-11-2016

Longevity: 54%

Would not trust ebay as far as I can spit......and that is not very far.
Old 01-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsu View Post
When you got the MC011 did they just restrict your from revising/listing or did they also pull all of your listings?

When I got mine, they just stopped me from listing or revising current auctions, but everything stayed up... if yours did the same I'd say you have a very good chance at beating it.

Even if they did it's worth a shot, but when it comes to things like this with eBay, be ready for some bad news & start thinking about plan B.
3 of my listings are still up but cannot be revised, the rest all got taken down.

I just find it hard to trust eBay, but I don't really have a choice anyway, the PayPal wasn't stealth so gonna have to pay it back eventually.
Old 01-11-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sugar View Post
PayPal wasn't stealth so gonna have to pay it back eventually.
Yes, but not necessarily immediately and it doesn't have to be in one go.

All depends how much £3.5k means to you. If it is 1 weeks profit then the situation is going to be different maybe to if it was 5 months profit.
Old 01-11-2016

Longevity: 76%

We all know it will need to be paid, even though it is stealth they can link you back through the bank account that was attached plus the IP used on the account (if they really wanted to go that deep)

As long as you are seen to be reimbursing then shouldn't be a worry. Make them wait a little while