Ebay Restricted Account - Restored w/ no limits, But Now ALL old listings deleted?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-17-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Ebay Restricted Account - Restored w/ no limits, But Now ALL old listings deleted??

Hi - I had posted before on here about purchasing an account from Aspkin and how it all worked well and good (using 24's VPN services) and suddenly Ebay pulled all my listings and "restricted" me. I could not believe it as I had had absolutely no complaints or chargebacks etc and followed advice of others how to list etc.

I just wanted to say that all it took was a quick call to Ebay and they asked me about 3 questions and bam! Account fully restored with no restrictions at all. Ebay said it was 'random' for security or something, but to be honest they didn't seem that bothered as their questions were pretty amateur. So if anyone has this happen to them, you can pm me for what they will ask.

The only thing is and I'd like y'alls advice here - ALL my previous listings are still deleted. The ones where transactions had been completed for over a month even - so my buyers cannot leave me feedback and I can't keep them for my records, which I need. So the question is - do I risk calling more attention to myself by calling Ebay (maybe ask for tech dept?) and seeing if they can put those back up so I can have all that info, tracking numbers, products, names of buyers etc etc? Or would it be best to leave it be and not possibly bring more attention to myself?

I do want to say that this account from Aspkin has been excellent and besides the small glitch (which was ebays randomness nothing less) and I would definitely recommend and will buy more in the future. Thanks :-)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay Restricted Account - Restored w/ no limits, But Now ALL old listings deleted

I myself would not call ebay about this. Not worth the risk.
Thank your lucky stars the account has been restored and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
southrnprincess (01-17-2016)
Old 01-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Ebay Restricted Account - Restored w/ no limits, But Now ALL old listings deleted

I agree with slokor. Anytime you're restricted all of your listings are removed, including sold records. Consider yourself lucky you got the account back!

If you really need to contact your customers, all of the sold records are still stored in paypal. Everything (except for the listing itself) that was in eBay's records is also in Paypal's. There have been many times where I've had a listing pulled and had to ship my paid orders using info pulled from Paypal instead of Ebay.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
southrnprincess (01-17-2016)
Old 01-17-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks so much guys - I know yall are right, but I guess I was just hoping it was maybe a minor glitch ebay tech could look into and he wouldn't really care about my account particulars. But yes I should just take the hit and move on.

What's really weird is they deleted everything (annoying because I relist a lot of stuff and had the templates, photos, pricing etc there) but they left up how many items I had sold and how much of my money limit was used up, but on the left side on my selling, it shows 0 dollars in sales for the entirety of my existence on this account. I don't know why they would have one showing it and one not - and I hope it doesn't affect my ability to have my limit raised next month or so.
Old 01-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

The statistic discrepancy is caused by the removal of your listings. Since all of your sold records were removed from eBay, it has "confused" your account into thinking it hasn't had any sales. The money and item limit have not reset because those totals were calculated by eBay before the removal of your listings. Hope that makes some kind of sense.

I hate to say it but you probably won't be eligible for an automated limit increase this time around, even if it was an unjustified restriction. eBay's bots will still see it as a restriction. The good news is eBay hands out automated limit increases twice per month, so you won't have to wait too long if you're doing everything right (listing to limits, good customer service, shipping with tracking, etc).
Old 01-17-2016

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by southrnprincess View Post
Hi - I had posted before on here about purchasing an account from Aspkin and how it all worked well and good (using 24's VPN services) and suddenly Ebay pulled all my listings and "restricted" me. I could not believe it as I had had absolutely no complaints or chargebacks etc and followed advice of others how to list etc.

I just wanted to say that all it took was a quick call to Ebay and they asked me about 3 questions and bam! Account fully restored with no restrictions at all. Ebay said it was 'random' for security or something, but to be honest they didn't seem that bothered as their questions were pretty amateur. So if anyone has this happen to them, you can pm me for what they will ask.

The only thing is and I'd like y'alls advice here - ALL my previous listings are still deleted. The ones where transactions had been completed for over a month even - so my buyers cannot leave me feedback and I can't keep them for my records, which I need. So the question is - do I risk calling more attention to myself by calling Ebay (maybe ask for tech dept?) and seeing if they can put those back up so I can have all that info, tracking numbers, products, names of buyers etc etc? Or would it be best to leave it be and not possibly bring more attention to myself?

I do want to say that this account from Aspkin has been excellent and besides the small glitch (which was ebays randomness nothing less) and I would definitely recommend and will buy more in the future. Thanks :-)

This is very common for accounts that have been purchased. This limit is just a security check (item switch security check) no need to panic 100% of the time if you hold your mind together you will pass the bs questions they will ask.
Old 01-18-2016

Dear southrnprincess,
Could you please let me know what did they ask you about?
I couldn't send a private message to you as I don't have enough post to send a private message to any member.
Thank you so much & have a good day!
Old 01-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Meomisha have they restricted you? If so does it just say to call them etc? If so I can help you with what they asked me. If you prefer I will pm you.