Ebay "cases closed without seller resolution" question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Ebay "cases closed without seller resolution" question

Are buyers able to open up an ebay case if they want to return an item without first contacting you as the seller?

OR does ebay first give you the chance to resolve the return/complaint without opening the case?

My concern being if you sell an item and the buyer opens a case with ebay without even contacting the seller first, this automatically counts as a "case closed without seller resolution" and hits your defect rate hard.

This makes it soooo easy for any big seller to chew you up by simply buying
2-3 of your items from their friends accounts and destroy your account to get rid of competition.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Ebay "cases closed without seller resolution" question

You have had an ebay account before have you not? Hence why you are going down the stealth route?

This is all pretty much ABC stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
XTC4ME (03-03-2016)
Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
You have had an ebay account before have you not? Hence why you are going down the stealth route?

This is all pretty much ABC stuff.
Thank you for the helpful response
Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 56%

I think they get told to open a case with the seller first. Can't remember ever having any 'closed without resolution' when they haven't opened a case
The Following User Says Thank You to dan_ebay For This Useful Post:
Retailer77 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
I think they get told to open a case with the seller first. Can't remember ever having any 'closed without resolution' when they haven't opened a case
Thanks for the reply Dan, so if a seller opens a case it does not count as "case closed without seller resolution" right? That only would happen the case is not resolved and ebay needs to step in right?
Old 02-29-2016

Longevity: 66%

Im surprised you haven't called ebay support for assistance.
Old 03-03-2016
MU

Longevity: 52%

Yall need to stop being a smart ass to the guy and answer his question. The only time you get a ding is if you cant resolve with the buyer, then the buyer opens a case. Then ebay steps in and solves it whether issuing the refund or authorizing the return your refusing.

So as long as you are pro active and handle all returns without buyer contacting ebay, then your fine.

Now here is the kick in the pants. Say you authorize a return and the buyer doesn't send your product back. Or damaged or whatever.

Naturally you as a seller will want to open a case with ebay to straighten it out.

In no uncertain terms don't. If you open a case due to a issue with a buyer 99.9% time ebay will side with buyer refunding the money. Your sol and now have a ding since you asked for help on your dsr. It's called case closed withotu seller resolution.

So simply kiss everyones ass and allow all returns and what not whether fradulent or not. Nothing you can do since ebay is for the buyer not you. They will always side with the buyer.

I speak from exp as I lost two aco****s due to bad dsrs and most was fraudulent returns like one example, a guy sent a laptop board back and it wasn't even the mine I sent it. Not even the same brand, model, hell color.

All ebay did was hold the case asking buyer for info to insure he sent correct part back and eventually closed it in his favor 5 days later leaving a mark on my dsr. Didn't even want to look at my pics proving this, nothing.

So to sum it kiss the buyers behind and let them walk all over you. Only in extreme cases will you win....it's not worth the fight anymore. My 2c
Old 03-03-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
Yall need to stop being a smart ass to the guy and answer his question.
Actually, no we don't.
Old 03-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanbean0109 View Post
Yall need to stop being a smart ass to the guy and answer his question. The only time you get a ding is if you cant resolve with the buyer, then the buyer opens a case. Then ebay steps in and solves it whether issuing the refund or authorizing the return your refusing.

So as long as you are pro active and handle all returns without buyer contacting ebay, then your fine.

Now here is the kick in the pants. Say you authorize a return and the buyer doesn't send your product back. Or damaged or whatever.

Naturally you as a seller will want to open a case with ebay to straighten it out.

In no uncertain terms don't. If you open a case due to a issue with a buyer 99.9% time ebay will side with buyer refunding the money. Your sol and now have a ding since you asked for help on your dsr. It's called case closed withotu seller resolution.

So simply kiss everyones ass and allow all returns and what not whether fradulent or not. Nothing you can do since ebay is for the buyer not you. They will always side with the buyer.

I speak from exp as I lost two aco****s due to bad dsrs and most was fraudulent returns like one example, a guy sent a laptop board back and it wasn't even the mine I sent it. Not even the same brand, model, hell color.

All ebay did was hold the case asking buyer for info to insure he sent correct part back and eventually closed it in his favor 5 days later leaving a mark on my dsr. Didn't even want to look at my pics proving this, nothing.

So to sum it kiss the buyers behind and let them walk all over you. Only in extreme cases will you win....it's not worth the fight anymore. My 2c
thank you, appreciate it
Old 03-03-2016
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
Thanks for the reply Dan, so if a seller opens a case it does not count as "case closed without seller resolution" right? That only would happen the case is not resolved and ebay needs to step in right?
since when can sellers open cases? i wish i could do that.
Old 03-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater View Post
since when can sellers open cases? i wish i could do that.
UPI Assistant opens 20+ cases per week for me automatically
Old 03-04-2016

Longevity: 47%

I just opened a case for on a buyer who has not paid, and I messaged them twice.