Is this a scam? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Is this a scam?

A buyer said they didn't receive the item and tracking says it was DELIVERED. If I don't refund them will ebay get involved? They know tracking says it was delivered so wouldn't be in my favor? Asking you guys to see which decision to make because I really don't want to refund $100. I think that the buyer is trying to scam me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Is this a scam?

You should first ask the buyer to check with his neighbours in case it was left with someone else if no one was at buyer's address during the delivery attempt.

If the buyer opens a case and escalate, eBay will get involved and will most likely ask for the tracking receipt from you, which you should have correct?
Old 03-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Tell the buyer that you will contact their local post office for investigating the package and that their information will be passed onto the local postal inspector for mail theft.
Let them know that you will need to inform ebay of the fraud to protect you both (Be professional about the situation)

Also, if they open a case, ebay will probably decide in your favor. But nothing is absolute with that barrel of monkeys.

Be prepared for the buyer to throw a hissy fit about negative feedback unless they get a refund (Feedback extortion)

Id wait for others to chime in, but this is usually how I resolve any 'issues' from scammers. The thought of having their info plastered in the federal mail system usually scares the cr app out of them.
Old 03-18-2016

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
Tell the buyer that you will contact their local post office for investigating the package and that their information will be passed onto the local postal inspector for mail theft.
Let them know that you will need to inform ebay of the fraud to protect you both (Be professional about the situation)

Also, if they open a case, ebay will probably decide in your favor. But nothing is absolute with that barrel of monkeys.

Be prepared for the buyer to throw a hissy fit about negative feedback unless they get a refund (Feedback extortion)

Id wait for others to chime in, but this is usually how I resolve any 'issues' from scammers. The thought of having their info plastered in the federal mail system usually scares the cr app out of them.
↑ ↑ ↑ I completely agree with BigCJ. It could be package theft, package delivered to the wrong address, neighbor thought they were doing the buyer a favor by picking up the package so it wouldn't get stolen and forgot to get it to the buyer OR it could be attempted buyer fraud. The USPS has GPS on their scanners so the USPS should have the GPS coordinates of where the postal worker delivered the package.

If they open a case eB should close it as the package is showing delivered in the USPS system. If they leave negative feedback contact eB and they SHOULD remove it as you did your part and the package is showing delivered.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've had a rash of orders with this same problem lately. Mine have all been First Class parcels though and I'm assuming your order was Priority since it was $100. I've had this happen to at least 20 packages in the last 3 months. The tracking number will say "DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX" but the buyer will say they never receiving anything. The first couple times this happened I assumed the buyer was just trying to scam me, but it's happened to me so many times now I tend to believe the buyer.

I don't know what's up with USPS lately. Maybe they're having problems with their new updated tracking system..
Old 03-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Make sure to keep all of the communications between you two just incase this IS a scam on his part as he might try to file a dispute - but not for 'item not received' but rather for 'item not as described'. IN this case ebay will request for him to return the item and them its on him to provide a tracking number. He can send you anything back and as long as he has a tracking number ebay WILL refund his payment as soon as they confirm the 'package' he sent was delivered.
The communications between you two might be useful to appeal such a situation if it comes up.
Old 04-02-2016

Longevity: 85%

you should be able to track online
Old 04-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote: