Return initiated from buyer..never shipped out - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Return initiated from buyer..never shipped out

Hey guys, I have a buyer who purchased an item from and wanted to return..not a problem..I went ahead and approved the return.
However when I look at the status of the return its still stuck on "return started"...the 2nd step (item shipped) is not even highlighted..return was opened on May 4th...and it states from ebay "we have asked the buyer to ship the item back by May 12"....it doesnt look like this is getting anywhere..after may 12 does the return just close automatically?
thnx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Return initiated from buyer..never shipped out

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ease-help.html

Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Usually a delay for eB to close anything "automatically" so I wouldn't keep my hopes up
Old 05-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

It won't be on the 12th but Ebay will eventually close the return case. I've had returns stay open for months before finally being closed by Ebay.

It won't have any negative impact on your account though (other than slightly affecting your return rate), so you don't have much to stress about here.
Old 05-12-2016

Longevity: 46%

So crazy, this was my EXACT situation that ruined my life / business.

My eBay mobile app would ALWAYS say 'return accepted, your buyer will return your item soon!' after I accepted the return, or even if I offered a partial refund. In either case, it would say the action was on the BUYER to respond. Not me.

I had NEVER taken any returns, in my 16 years in business, until now to become top rated plus. When eBay said I accepted, action on buyer, I thought I was done. But then the buyer would open a 'case'.. it was immediately decided against me... and now I have .098% cases closed without seller resolution. (3 returns, only 295 sales this year)

I was moving, a lot was going on, it took these 3 returns over a 2 week period for me to realize what was going on. eBay was NO help. I sent them screen shots, proving it was happening AGAIN on a currently open return. They agreed with me, 'thats not right!' and said to use an actual PC for returns from now on. But no change to my seller account after 10 phone calls.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-12-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed08 View Post
So crazy, this was my EXACT situation that ruined my life / business.

My eBay mobile app would ALWAYS say 'return accepted, your buyer will return your item soon!' after I accepted the return, or even if I offered a partial refund. In either case, it would say the action was on the BUYER to respond. Not me.

I had NEVER taken any returns, in my 16 years in business, until now to become top rated plus. When eBay said I accepted, action on buyer, I thought I was done. But then the buyer would open a 'case'.. it was immediately decided against me... and now I have .098% cases closed without seller resolution. (3 returns, only 295 sales this year)

I was moving, a lot was going on, it took these 3 returns over a 2 week period for me to realize what was going on. eBay was NO help. I sent them screen shots, proving it was happening AGAIN on a currently open return. They agreed with me, 'thats not right!' and said to use an actual PC for returns from now on. But no change to my seller account after 10 phone calls.
This doesnt make sense
If you authorized a return it IS on the buyer to now ship the item back to you....if they never shipped the item back to you there is no way this can work against you it just doesnt make any sense...and the buyer cannot open another case when you have already accepted a return.
I think you are missing some details here..
Old 05-12-2016

Longevity: 46%

The buyers opened a case due to "no response from seller". As in... on my end, on my mobile device, it shows waiting on BUYERS action, return accepted. However, on their end, it looks like I never clicked accept at all. On their end it looks like my inaction.

This would all sound crazy... had it not happened again on a 4th return and I got the screen shots to prove it. eBay csr confirmed... there is NO way this should be showing 'return accepted'....... yet there it was on my phone, showing 'return accepted waiting on buyer'.

There it was..... reviewed, and confirmed by the csr. I thought I was for sure good. She says 'clearly there is something happening on this return. We will forward it on to tech support and have an answer in 7-10 days... and thanked me for bringing it to their attention.

However, after 7-10 days.. when I called back they said 'these cases are over 30 days old, there is nothing we can do even if there is a glitch". "we're sorry this isn't the response you were looking for" and a bunch of other canned lines.

Subnote....
For what it's worth, even on the 4th and final return, when I was being extra careful to do everything the *right* way this time from an actual computer.... somehow the buyer has my $139 refund, I'm out the original shipping money, I paid $15 for a return shipping label that was never used, and eBay is telling him the return is completed and he does not need to return the item!! So I'm -169 on this return. This item was NOT returnable under my old policy. However, once I became top rated PLUS all items must be returnable for 30 days no matter the reason.

So IMO, to your original question, this one transaction is a perfect example of why to not overshoot and go for Plus. On this one return, I lost $169... but what did I save on eBay fees this month? $50? The $50 seemed significant... at first. But one extra return a month and it becomes not worth the hassle.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-12-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 49%

There are 4 steps to get items free on ebay:
step 1:open return(choose sellers, reason)
step 2:wait!
step 3:ask cs to step in
step 4:cs refunded the buyer!
We can not get shipping label from USPS when we are outside of the us.
How can this to be resolved ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiexie For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (05-14-2016)
Old 05-13-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

It will just sit there and eventually it will just close...

So many times I have returns for "changed my mind"... When I accept, the buyer realizes they need to pay for shipping and just never returns or answers messages. I usually send a follow up every couple of weeks. At least if escalated then it shows I am making an effort.

I have had one close this month that was from September 2015, yet I have had some just close within a month. All totally random from my point of view.

Hope it works out for you!!!
Old 05-14-2016

Longevity: 81%

thats great news for you,
you dont want it to go to return delivered.
just watch for him uploading tracking,
ebay will message you if he does anyway.

if the item doesnt get delivered but the buyer escalates you will not be held at fault and most of the time ebay sarl make the refund to keep the marketplace oiled.
Old 05-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiexie View Post
Don't sell on eB seriously though - not much can be done but deal with it case by case
Old 05-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiexie View Post
I think the only option for a chinese seller would be to use another courier, which is cost prohibitive in almost every case. DHL would charge a minimum of $60 to send even a 1oz package to china :(