Buyer complaining after a purchase because I lowered the price on the item they bough - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Buyer complaining after a purchase because I lowered the price on the item they b

thing is the buyer knows they will get the $5 back if they say this, they have no intention of returning it if they like the product, if you call their bluff like I did before, saying ok return it but you need to pay for the return, then they back-off and go quiet.....but still I would refund to end it anyway....

Old 06-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: Buyer complaining after a purchase because I lowered the price on the item they b

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman View Post
I would not issue the $5 because basically ebay says you do not have to. IF neg feedback is left ebay will remove it
hahahaha, good luck with that. Most of the time, ebay wont remove nothing.

Refund, say thank you for purchase, block, move on.....all in that order.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-12-2016)
Old 06-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
Haha! This same crap just happened to me last week, I refunded the buyer the difference and added her to my cool ass block list. Your buyer is complaining about 5 bucks, mine was complaining about 80 cents lol. I'm sure these two wonderful buyers of ours would even complain if we reduced it by 1 cent. How many messages did your buyer send you? Mine spammed the living hell out of my inbox .
I had one of these buyers this week. They wanted a refund of 2.19 or 2.29 something. I refunded, said thanks and to the block list. Then today, I get a strange message in why his account is blocked from buying from me again. Within 5 minutes of messaging the person, he said "its my sons ebay accounts". I told him, "oh" and added that one to the block list.

I did that since the buyer already left positive feedback. 2 more years until I can say, F you ebay, I quit.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
camouflage (06-11-2016)
Old 06-12-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
hahahaha, good luck with that. Most of the time, ebay wont remove nothing.

Refund, say thank you for purchase, block, move on.....all in that order.
I get negatives removed all the time. With a regular ebay account you just keep calling until you get a rep who will remove. My main account is a managed account and those reps are awesome, very easy to get anything removed on that account.
Old 06-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
You ARE the only one, because this is a ridiculous premise.
I highly doubt I'm the only seller here with consistent prices.

Quote:
Sellers aren't allowed to lower their price? Really? If you messaged me, I would make damn sure ebay finds out, and you aren't getting crap.
And what do you expect Ebay to do in a situation like this? It's the seller's responsibility to keep their buyers happy. Contacting Ebay in a situation like this would reflect poorly on your account.
Quote:
What reason would you possibly have, for receiving a discount after the fact?
Because you lowered the price immediately after I purchased.

Quote:
How about if I'm having a labor day sale? Would you also complain, because you bought an item the day after a sale? Want your money back then?
I clearly said in my post I only lower my prices when I am running a sale. I have a memorial day sale going on right now on a few of my accounts. If a price is lowered because of a sale I would not be inclined to complain. But if a seller randomly lowers a price right after I purchase, I would be.

Quote:
How about as mentioned, if I raise my price. Can I immediately message you, and ask for more money?
Sure you can, but I would not send it. I was not talking about cases where prices are raised, but those cases are equally unprofessional on the seller's part. Consistency is good for business. You won't get many repeat buyers if your prices are constantly all over the place.

Quote:
it's buyers like you, that are the reason sellers like us have to be on these forums, to figure out how to deal with you.
I'm not an Ebay buyer.

You guys can bash me all you want. The whole point of this forum is for sellers to discuss how they successfully run their stealth accounts. I couldn't care less about you guy's opinion of me. My business model is working for me. I just made Titanium powerseller on an account for the first time. How many of you bashing me can say that?

Last edited by phaz0rz; 06-12-2016 at 12:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
yankee (06-18-2016)
Old 06-12-2016
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC4ME View Post
I get negatives removed all the time. With a regular ebay account you just keep calling until you get a rep who will remove. My main account is a managed account and those reps are awesome, very easy to get anything removed on that account.
But many people here have stealth accounts that they would rather not draw attention to over $5. Better to play it safe and lose the few bucks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-12-2016), XTC4ME (06-13-2016)
Old 06-12-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

FYI - Some peoples response assumes the buyer made the request right after purchase. Thats wrong. Buyer made the request after item has already been delivered, according to OP.

If I was in this situation, the amount of messages I would exchange to console this buyer into accepting they are wrong, then risk a negative feedback which I would then have to follow up on - I would rather give the $5 back and call it a day.

I have a rule of thumb in my business, if a buyer opens a case, leaves a negative feedback, sends a rude message, makes outrageous demands etc. etc. etc. - I honour whatever they ask for and put them straight on the blocked list.

To conclude I think every business is different. Every business will deal with situations differently. We are all individuals, running our own business. So everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

@Phaz0rz - Congratz on the titanium!
Old 06-13-2016
fuzzylogik

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassr View Post
I am wondering if such buyer left -ve feedback for such reason. Will eBay remove that feedback if I ask them ?
I got Negative feedback from someone for the same reason once. When you have as many accounts as i do who the hell cares?
Old 06-14-2016

Longevity: 72%

As long as you have enough positive feedback you can take some punches, but obviously it's not recommended
Old 06-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
My business model is working for me. I just made Titanium powerseller on an account for the first time.
Good stuff and I'm not bashing you on the thread - time to get a few accounts to that level if possible welcome to the Titanium powerseller level.

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (06-18-2016)
Old 06-14-2016

Longevity: 73%

All this nonsense over $5? On a $189 sale? WTH???!!!

You've spent more than five dollars time screwing around with this thread.

Who are you, Scrooge McDuck? It's like 3% of the sale. Give the $5 to this loser and move on, mark the next one up $10.

If you can't take a $5 loss you need to go somewhere else.

If you think you're po'ed now just wait till they return you a brick in a box and you lose the phone and the money both.
Old 06-14-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

$5 goes a long way...

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
XTC4ME (06-18-2016)
Old 06-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Another boring post

Old 06-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Another boring post

no....its another rsot post.
Old 06-15-2016

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Id refund and than add to my block list
Best answer

If it was me as the buyer I wouldn't even bother, the fact that this buyer brought it up over $6.00 means they dont have a life = Dangerous buyers
Old 06-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

The OP hasn't responded since the 9th, 7 days ago.
Old 06-16-2016

Longevity: 45%

I have had this experience many times. What I usually do is, I respond to as fast as possible and explain to them why it has happened (I usually make some stories ) and in the end I say "if you want I can still pay you the difference , please message me back if you want the refund of difference " . Usually they don't ask again and I have nearly 100% success with this method . And they never left me a negative feedback

And yeah I don't block them, most of the time they became my usual buyers

Try it out and see.
Old 06-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone_Fellow View Post
I have had this experience many times.

Try it out and see.
OP seems to never want to talk to buyers.

Your method would not work for him.

Old 06-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
OP seems to never want to talk to buyers.

Your method would not work for him.

not true..plz dont state facts that you dont have evidence for
Old 06-18-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
]I highly doubt I'm the only seller here with consistent prices.
I said, that you are the only one with the ridiculous opinion that prices shouldn't be lowered and that you'd complain if they were. As you've seen in this entire thread, YOU ARE.
Quote:
And what do you expect Ebay to do in a situation like this? It's the seller's responsibility to keep their buyers happy. Contacting Ebay in a situation like this would reflect poorly on your account.
Because you lowered the price immediately after I purchased.
If you actually read the post, you'd see that the buyer wanted to send their purchase BACK. Therefor, they already received the product, when they noticed the price difference. Sure doesn't sound like anything " immediate" to me. What do I expect ebay to do? I expect ebay to remove his negative feedback, because this is clearly defined in their rules as going against ebay policy.
Quote:
But if a seller randomly lowers a price right after I purchase, I would be.
Good for you.
Quote:
Sure you can, but I would not send it. I was not talking about cases where prices are raised, but those cases are equally unprofessional on the seller's part. Consistency is good for business. You won't get many repeat buyers if your prices are constantly all over the place.
"Rules for thee, not for me." Got it.

Quote:
I'm not an Ebay buyer.
If you buy on ebay, as you've said you have, than yes you are. I don't care if you sell 1,000,000 things a month. If you buy an item from me, you are a buyer.

Quote:
You guys can bash me all you want. The whole point of this forum is for sellers to discuss how they successfully run their stealth accounts. I couldn't care less about you guy's opinion of me. My business model is working for me. I just made Titanium powerseller on an account for the first time. How many of you bashing me can say that?

And you're "bashing" sellers that feel changing their prices are ok. We are only giving our opinion, that buyers like this are someone you put in your blocked list, and that your insistence that they are right, is absurd.

Good for you about titanium. I couldn't care less. I rather not have all my eggs in such a large basket, but hey. This is a stealth ebay forum after all.
Old 06-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I'm getting bored with this argument. I've bought maybe 5 things off of Ebay in my life but nothing in the last year. Never had any contact with the seller when I did buy though.

I appreciate your concern. I do have other accounts catching up. My 2nd bus. account is at Platinum and the 3rd is at Silver. I don't really pay attention to it, I was just using that to back myself up with.