eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Item delivered..customer stating they never got it (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/97089-item-delivered-customer-stating-they-never-got.html)

Retailer77 06-09-2016 04:23 PM

Item delivered..customer stating they never got it

Yet another one of these....but this time the items worth $480.
I am basically goin to wait until the buyer opens a case then provide tracking info and delivery confirmation.
The thing is..WOULD THIS count as a case closed without seller resolution????

phaz0rz 06-09-2016 04:44 PM

Re: Item delivered..customer stating they never got it

From your seller dashboard:
"A case closed without seller resolution is any case the seller is unable to resolve with the buyer prior to the buyer asking us to step in and help with a request, or escalating a case to PayPal for review, and eBay or PayPal determines the seller is responsible."

So, if the case is escalated and is decided in your favor it doesn't count against you. If it's escalated and is decided in the buyer's favor, it does count against you.

The thing is, unless the order was signed for, you don't really have delivery confirmation and you're on shaky ground.

yankee 06-09-2016 05:13 PM

Policy is no signature required for anything up to $750.00 on both ebay and paypal.

phaz0rz 06-09-2016 06:18 PM

I know. My point was this COULD be a tough case to fight since USPS has been marking lots of undelivered orders as delivered. A signature would have made this an open and shut case.

With that being said I've never shipped anything under $1k with signature confirmation.

Just pointing out possibilities is all.

Retailer77 06-09-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 778589)
I know. My point was this COULD be a tough case to fight since USPS has been marking lots of undelivered orders as delivered. A signature would have made this an open and shut case.

With that being said I've never shipped anything under $1k with signature confirmation.

Just pointing out possibilities is all.

I understand your point, but I think the cards are stacked in my favor in this instance

davids01 06-09-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 778572)
Policy is no signature required for anything up to $750.00 on both ebay and paypal.

That's why, just personally, i get signature confirmation on anything above $250. It's just been my experience that it is well worth the couple of dollars to confirm, but that's just my general rule. :nerd:

yaBeh8ater 06-09-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 778572)

ive lost paypal cases because an item over $500 but under 750 didnt have sig confirm.

also had it happen as a buyer. lost money both times.

rsot 06-09-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davids01 (Post 778592)
That's why, just personally, i get signature confirmation on anything above $250. It's just been my experience that it is well worth the couple of dollars to confirm, but that's just my general rule. :nerd:

Good to play it safe regardless of the higher limit policy

yankee 06-09-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaBeh8ater (Post 778599)
ive lost paypal cases because an item over $500 but under 750 didnt have sig confirm.

also had it happen as a buyer. lost money both times.

it has only been increased from $250 to $750.00 two years ago or so.

Retailer77 06-09-2016 11:18 PM

Update on this..looks like the buyer did go ahead and open a case.

phaz0rz 06-10-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 778633)
Update on this..looks like the buyer did go ahead and open a case.

Wouldn't you?

Typically in cases like this I'll say something like:

"I'm really sorry for the trouble with your order, but I've shipped over 50,000 shipments on this account and I've never had a tracking number show "delivered" and the package not be where it's supposed to be. Your tracking number shows delivery in you zip code, 2 days after I shipped out your order. Are you able to contact your local post office with your tracking number? If there were any delivery issues, they should be able to help you."

Then after all that I'll say something like "If you aren't able to track down the shipment, just let me know and I can either reship or issue a refund." I won't usually say that until the buyer responds saying they contacted the post office. If you say that in the first message, 75% of the time the buyer will say they contacted the post office with no luck, when they've actually had the package all along.

My form letter barely applies to your situation since I deal in much cheaper stuff. I can easily reship without much of a loss whereas you cannot.

So... take that as you will I guess. I wish you the best dealing with this guy.

Try not to be mean or rude. You have to go into cases like this assuming you're dealing with a scammer, but it's always possible the package was actually lost and the buyer has a legitimate complaint.

Retailer77 06-10-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 778700)
Wouldn't you?

"I'm really sorry for the trouble with your order, but I've shipped over 50,000 shipments on this account and I've never had a tracking number show "delivered" and the package not be where it's supposed to be. Your tracking number shows delivery in you zip code, 2 days after I shipped out your order. Are you able to contact your local post office with your tracking number? If there were any delivery issues, they should be able to help you."

Then after all that I'll say something like "If you aren't able to track down the shipment, just let me know and I can either reship or issue a refund." I won't usually say that until the buyer responds saying they contacted the post office. If you say that in the first message, 75% of the time the buyer will say they contacted the post office with no luck, when they've actually had the package all along.

My form letter barely applies to your situation since I deal in much cheaper stuff. I can easily reship without much of a loss whereas you cannot.

So... take that as you will I guess. I wish you the best dealing with this guy.

Try not to be mean or rude. You have to go into cases like this assuming you're dealing with a scammer, but it's always possible the package was actually lost and the buyer has a legitimate complaint.

Yea...I'm not refunding $470 out of my pocket..for a package that shows delivery confirmation.
That is just ridiculous
Like I said my biggest concern is that this won't get marked as case closed without resolution

phaz0rz 06-10-2016 01:34 PM

Win the case and it won't

yotano211 06-11-2016 12:53 AM

Just upload the tracking info into the case. It shows delivered, you win. I am sure some roommate or the spouse has the package without giving it to your buyer.

unkown5454 06-11-2016 02:22 AM

Sigs on everything in the future for your high-end sales. I've had so many customers claim BS not delivered, etc., but when they sign I win every fxcking time and it's just so beautiful.

joesshooze 06-11-2016 07:30 AM

Signature confirmation is only a few $. Seems like a no brainer for a $470 item. I do wish you a favorable outcome though. Best of luck.

muzzie 06-11-2016 07:53 AM

Never had issues winning such cases, if tracking indicates successful delivery.

fuzzylogik 06-13-2016 04:12 AM

Make sure you have the money withdrawn encase they go against you. I would rather lose an account than be out of pocket for that much money.

GreenBean 06-13-2016 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 778700)
Wouldn't you?

"I'm really sorry for the trouble with your order, but I've shipped over 50,000 shipments on this account and I've never had a tracking number show "delivered" and the package not be where it's supposed to be. Your tracking number shows delivery in you zip code, 2 days after I shipped out your order. ....

I prefer to not give them that much niceness. i send an email being sorry for the mess and advising them I have sent their personal info including address/phone to the PO closest to their address to initiate fraud recovery. I mention I am available to talk on the matter as well.

Not sure why but that missing parcel turns up.

Buyer blocked.

Next sale rinse repeat if needed.

:typing:

butterbear 06-13-2016 09:17 PM

Easy win on this kind of case, you will only eat a negative feedback

yotano211 06-13-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterbear (Post 779468)
Easy win on this kind of case, you will only eat a negative feedback

If you win the case, which I think the OP will win, all feedback is removed, even a positive one.

yotano211 06-13-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 779264)
I prefer to not give them that much niceness. i send an email being sorry for the mess and advising them I have sent their personal info including address/phone to the PO closest to their address to initiate fraud recovery. I mention I am available to talk on the matter as well.

Not sure why but that missing parcel turns up.

Buyer blocked.

Next sale rinse repeat if needed.

:typing:

I sometimes get that the parcel was found on the kitchen table and nobody told them about it.