eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is this risky? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/98129-risky.html)

Retailer77 07-23-2016 07:36 AM

Is this risky?

Leaving a postcard in your package sent to customers with your website link?
Would this be potential for getting banned?

Ubaida 07-23-2016 07:40 AM

Re: Is this risky?

It all depends on how you word what you write on the postcard. If it says buy from my site and not eBay next time, then someone might snitch. If you send it as an ad for your business which is your website then I think it should be fine.

james13v 07-23-2016 07:40 AM

You really don't ask the type of questions that a $300k a month ebay stealther would ask...

Plenty of ebay sellers include a business card with all their info in their packages.

Nyco 07-23-2016 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 788027)
You really don't ask the type of questions that a $300k a month ebay stealther would ask...

Plenty of ebay sellers include a business card with all their info in their packages.

:pound::pound: you noticed that too!

Retailer77 07-23-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 788027)

I never claimed 300k/month..where do people get these numbers from

Haidukken 07-23-2016 07:52 AM

I order quite a bit on eBay myself and I can safely say that almost everything that I order comes with junkmail or their own website promo material inside the parcel.
Sometimes useful, sometimes just crap.

Last week I ordered a cat litterbox and I got a litterbox and then 7 different flyers for different companies- Useful way to distribute junkmail I guess.

phaz0rz 07-23-2016 07:57 AM

We used to put business cards in all of our orders but it started to get expensive, and proved to be rather pointless. Our primary intention was to give customers a phone number they could call for direct support if there were ever any problems, so we could hopefully avoid some negative feedback. Out of over 15,000 business cards sent out with orders we maybe got 5 or 6 phone calls ever, all from old people who were unfamiliar with Ebay messaging. So I just stopped getting them printed.

It's so common on Ebay though that I don't think you'll be risking much. I got an order in the other day and I know for a fact the guy is committing fraud with his business cards. On the card it says he donates $1 to the American Red Cross for every 5 star review he receives, yet the seller has absolutely no way of knowing what kind of DSR's are left for him by buyers. He has over 20k feedback so I plan to message him this weekend asking for proof that he's donated over $20k to the Red Cross.

TOOKNAPA 07-23-2016 09:17 AM

it can be risky in case of a competitor buy one of your item and report to ebay, and it is useless if your website has the same items/prices as ebay, buyer will feel more comfortable with ebay buyer protection

slapped 07-23-2016 09:46 AM

That is Promotions 101, of COURSE you promote your website, you obviously do it in a smart way, and NEVER on your actual Ebay listing. How do you NOT know that if you do 300k/Month?, Unless you are selling real estate,

yankee 07-23-2016 09:57 AM

In all fairness, retailer77 changes the amount every few posts. Most recently is 5k a day so 5K x 30 days is only $150,000 a month. Other posts he says $90,000.00 a month. Others 60K
One post he freaked out because he purchased $25,000 in product and had another shipping problem and worried about loosing an account. I know I dont freak out about having 2.5 days or 5 days of inventory on hand. What would cause me concern is if I did not have a whole lot more than that on hand.

So retailer77, we get this stuff because this is the stuff you post......

yankee 07-23-2016 10:01 AM

What does work is if you UPSELL in your post card for accessories at a LOWER than ebay price.
Also if you sell a consumable item, this marketing is super fantastic. Example, sell Keurig Coffee Brewers and offer a discount code to your website for prices BELOW ebay using the code for repeat business of K-cups.

I use it is my world. I sell Compound Bow Packages with my own brand arrows and the only place you can buy them is from my websites or dealers.

Retailer77 07-23-2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 788053)
In all fairness, retailer77 changes the amount every few posts. Most recently is 5k a day so 5K x 30 days is only $150,000 a month. Other posts he says $90,000.00 a month. Others 60K
One post he freaked out because he purchased $25,000 in product and had another shipping problem and worried about loosing an account. I know I dont freak out about having 2.5 days or 5 days of inventory on hand. What would cause me concern is if I did not have a whole lot more than that on hand.

So retailer77, we get this stuff because this is the stuff you post......

Again..never claimed 300k

Retailer77 07-23-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 788054)
What does work is if you UPSELL in your post card for accessories at a LOWER than ebay price.
Also if you sell a consumable item, this marketing is super fantastic. Example, sell Keurig Coffee Brewers and offer a discount code to your website for prices BELOW ebay using the code for repeat business of K-cups.

I use it is my world. I sell Compound Bow Packages with my own brand arrows and the only place you can buy them is from my websites or dealers.

This was actually what I was thinking about doing..putting in a discount code offer to my site w/ the card

TOOKNAPA 07-23-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retailer77 (Post 788058)
This was actually what I was thinking about doing..putting in a discount code offer to my site w/ the card

They will buy once... and then they will go back on ebay ... and you won't make more money on this transaction, It's just like if you did nothing

Play 07-23-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 788054)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA (Post 788062)
They will buy once... and then they will go back on ebay ... and you won't make more money on this transaction, It's just like if you did nothing

I was going to say both of those points, but these guys beat me to it! :)

I want to add, make sure your site is easy - I hate sites which require you to provide your name, address, DOB, SSN/Tax info, just so you can purchase a pair of socks!
Keep it straight to the point, name, email, and fetch the mail address from the payment vendor if possible.

Reel them back in - Give them multiple coupon codes, i.e. Code A works this week, Code B will work next month, Code C, month after, then they will get into the habit of buying from you and cheap prices. Coffee cups like Yankee said was a great example, you know they will run out!

Finally, upsell your other products. Get your own branded coffee cups manufactured and send a sample to your customer to see if they like it along with the usual order, if they do, they'll start buying your brand, and that's one lifelong customer in the bag. Do that to 1,000 more, and your golden.

kingpin100 07-23-2016 11:39 AM

Wow... the retailer guy needs to start a Ebay guide to making millions... I want the 1st copy.... I struggle to get 5k a month... Anyway I throw in a free gift... something small and cheap, but something people can use... Everyone wants something for free... This strategy increased my feedback and return customers.. If im selling items from $50-$100 my percentage of investment only raises 1-2% ... You guys can do the math....

"The KING in parts"

kingpin100 07-23-2016 11:42 AM

Along with a home printed card with link and requesting feedback.

Onion 07-23-2016 01:57 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/SLJ.gif

This is how I look every time I read a post from this guy...

Retailer77 07-23-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onion (Post 788098)
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/SLJ.gif

This is how I look every time I read a post from this guy...

This actually made me laugh..lol

bluegrass1 07-23-2016 08:29 PM

Have to admit i add a coupon for another sell ON eb just on certain items

digim0n 07-23-2016 08:47 PM

Sellers send me cards to their websites all the time when I buy stuff from them and it doesnt bother me, I just toss it in the trash usually. I'd imagine most customers would not care or would make it a problem.

Speeder33 07-24-2016 02:46 AM

You would need to have a real PITA buyer to get mad at you for adding a post card to your package and threatening to tell ebay. With this type of buyer, they would never be happy anyways, so might as well advertise your website.

And in all honesty, who would care?