Can someone clear the air on feedbacks? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-15-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Ok, I'm constantly hearing people say "feedbacks don't matter" or things like that. How is that true? Feedbacks DO MATTER. If you have 99.9% feedback rating, you'll make more sales, and rank higher in the pages than if you have a feedback of 96.4% and others say that ebay might come after you and shut you down for having a low feedback score.

So what is the truth? My experience tells me feedbacks ABSOLUTELY MATTER. Which is why as a seller, I am so frustrated why it weighs so heavily for small-time sellers who cannot absorb 1 or 2 negatives every year for a long time. Sellers that sell 1000 or 10000 a month can afford to eat 3 or 4 negatives per month and their rating will still be 99%

Sellers that only sell 100 or less per month can't take much more than 1 negative feedback else your rating drops significantly and would take months if not years to get it back up .3 percent!! It's so frustrating and difficult.

I'm taking a quote from someone here that said:

"Feedback as a buyer is meaningless.

The best feedback is no feedback at all. No feedback is calculated in your dashboard as 100% and 5 stars across the board. No feedback is perfect feedback. Why ask for less?"

IS THIS TRUE? I don't think so.

If a buyer doesn't leave you any feedback, you don't get +1 feedback for completed sale. You get nothing for a complete transaction with no positive feedback left. The only positive thing you can say is, "at least you didn't get a negative feedback, so you might as well shut up and be happy you got no feedback instead of a negative".

I'm going to use ebay's own logic. When a case is opened by a buyer and the buyer does not respond to the case after 30 days, the case is AUTOMATICALLY CLOSED by ebay in favor of the seller! That's great !

So why isn't it true if a buyer doesn't leave any feedback after a sale and the time period to leave feedback has expired, why doesn't it just add a +1 score to your feedback rating? It means a huge deal for many sellers. Most buyers that don't leave positive feedback (or any feedback for that matter) are just buyers that can't bother, don't have the time to, forget to do so, or simply doesn't even know about it. It's not likely that they are committing a passive aggressive act against the seller by leaving no feedback because they weren't terribly happy with the product but not bad enough to open a case or warrant a negative. I don't think most buyers would attempt communicate like this: "I got my item no problem, but I'm not overly happy with it so to get back at my seller, I'm not going to leave any positive feedback". <---- I really doubt buyers think to themselves like this. It's more likely that if you didn't leave a positive feedback for the buyer FIRST, then they might think to themselves, "hmph! I''m not going to leave a positive for my seller until I get a positive first!"

So the reason why it's so important to have all completed and no problem transactions count as +1 to feedback is because let's say out of 1000 sales in a year, if 5 people gave you negative, and 995 sales were all OK, then you're score would be an exceptional 99.5%

But the same seller who made 1000 sales and 5 people left a negative but out of the 995 completed sales that were no problem only 300 people left you positive feedback, now the score of 295/300 is 98.3% which is bordering on suspension or RED ALERT.

In both cases, the seller's performance was the SAME. Both exceptional. But the difference is only 30% left feedback vs 100% Why do sellers get penalized for buyers not wanting to leave feedback? Our survival pretty much depends on some luck and hoping that the buyers are not lazy or ignorant who don't leave positive feedback.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For This Useful Post:
WEI (08-18-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-15-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Yes, thanks for the reply and welcome.

What about the latter part of my post? Do I have a point or am I missing something? Yes, it is obvious that one can simply say to keep a high standard
of everything and you shouldn't have any problems but of course even that is not true.

995 / 1000 result at a 99.5% success/positive outcome is an exceptional score nevermind ebay's standards....anywhere in life in anything you do 99.5% would be astronomical and beyond excellent.

But outside of the control of the ebay seller, 700 buyers are lazy or uninformed and just don't bother to post a feedback but they had no problem with the order obviously since no negative was given or a case opened.

Those 700 successful transactions and sales that have gone silent should still result in a recorded score or benefit to the seller! 295/300 is much worse score than 995/1000 for ebay standards (although 295/300 would still be a majestic score/rating anywhere else in the world).

There's not much more one can do as a small-time seller if people only leave positive feedback at a 20 or 30% rate (even 30% is high...it's more like 15-20% respond).

In my exact case, that is what I'm dealing with. 995 successful sales/transactions out of 1000 the past 12 months. But my feedback score is only 98.2% Why? Because only 300 people of the 1000 left feedback, 295 positive and 5 negatives. So my rating is only based out of 300. 295/300 is a much worse score than 995/1000.

Ebay should know sellers are pretty much at the mercy of buyers because we can't force them to leave a positive even when the sale was completed, successful, and the buyer is satisfied with it (given the fact they never reported a problem, opened a case ,or wanted to return it or even just mention something they were not satisfied with). It's 99.1% more likely they just can't bother to leave feedback OR they forgot/uninformed/ignorant). I only give about a 1-2% possibility that the buyer is actually trying to be passive aggressive by not leaving feedback.

Last edited by oatmeal; 08-15-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 411
Thanks: 176
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

I've had to stop selling on one account because of low feedback, my sales plummeted. I am assuming it put off buyers and also eBay placed my listings lower down the pages. I am having to rest that account for 12 months. It is so frustrating when buys cannot be bothered leaving a positive but are quick to leave a negative.
If i could add to the above previous posts by oatmeal with a question?
I have opened a second account with eBay using the same details as my first account will eBay also place the second account lower down in listings? I ask as my sales have been terrible.

This and eBay sponsored listings has basically destroyed my business so badly I've just closed my business with HMRC, the bonus being I won't have to filling those bloody awful self assessment forms anymore.

Last edited by luverlyjuberly; 08-17-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

I don't get why this isn't a bigger or more talked about issue?
Ebay are the ones that placed such a massive importance on this "feedback rating" scheme. Big time sellers on amazon are able to have feedback rating of 75% and still
be allowed to sell with tremendous volume and success, but if you hover around 95%, that is considered bad on ebay?

The simple remedy is if the buyers do not leave feedback, then after say 90 days or something, it should just automatically count as a +1 for the seller! It was a sale, it was shipped, it was delivered, customer had no problems with it, so what's the problem ebay? Why determine a seller's success and reputation on the habits of ebay buyers rate of leaving feedbacks? If they don't want to bother to leave feedback, that's fine! They don't have to spend a minute of their precious lives to leave feedback, but then it should just count as an automatic +1 for sellers.

What I've been doing the past few days is I started listing cheaper items and marked them down so that I'm taking a loss (a few cents to a dollar) per sale just to try and see if I can make more sales/transactions and hope that some of them will leave feedback. I've upped my sales from 1-2 per day to now 4-8 sales per day but I'm only going to this for a limited time because I can't keep taking a loss on every transaction for long-term.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2019
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 69,464
Thanks: 5,514
Thanked 8,336 Times in 7,641 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,828
Thanks: 2,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,235 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Feedback has ZERO value. There is no metric for feedback. It is meaningless opinions. Ebay does not monitor feedback.

You could easily have 97% feedback and be top rated seller.

The best feedback is no feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,828
Thanks: 2,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,235 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

The reason noone talks about feedback anymore is because it is useless. Why talk about something that has no effect on anything?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
The reason noone talks about feedback anymore is because it is useless. Why talk about something that has no effect on anything?
I've been hearing this but can you prove this? It's not enough to just have you state an opinion. I think it does matter because I've experienced how it does affect sales. I'm still a top rated seller whether I was at 98% or 99.5%, but as soon as my rating dropped under 99%, I already noticed a difference in sales drop. Can it just be coincidence? Perhaps, but not likely.

Yes, I have seen big sellers with low ratings like 97.2% still sell high volume and listings show up in the 1st page of searches but that's probably because they are such high volume sellers.

For small sellers, I think you're listings drop quite a bit if you were a 100% feedback rating to a 98%.

Now, on a personal note, I do hope you are right. I would be glad if you are right. But % does matter. Buyers are more likely going to buy from a seller who is rate 99.5% vs a seller who is rated 94%. And why would ebay put items from a seller with 94% over items from a seller that is 99%? That wouldn't make sense either. Ebay would want to promote items from their top sellers and best sellers right? They wouldn't promote their less than stellar sellers above their stellar ones.

What I said is still true. If buyers either leave feedback at 100% rate or ebay can just automatically count it as +1 if no feedback is left after 60 days or 90 days, I don't know what's wrong with that? All it would do is give us the most accurate statistics of a seller's selling performance. That's all I'm asking for.

If a I sold 1000 items and 995 were successful, why wouldn't I want myself to be advertised as a seller who has 995 successful sales and not a seller who has just 295 successful sales? The reality is I have 995, so I want to be shown as having 995, not 295 because 700 deadbeat buyers didn't bother or care to record a feedback for me.

No feedback is NOT the best feedback. Positive feedback is the best feedback.

Last edited by oatmeal; 08-20-2019 at 02:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-20-2019
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 69,464
Thanks: 5,514
Thanked 8,336 Times in 7,641 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I've been hearing this but can you prove this? It's not enough to just have you state an opinion. I think it does matter because I've experienced how it does affect sales. I'm still a top rated seller whether I was at 98% or 99.5%, but as soon as my rating dropped under 99%, I already noticed a difference in sales drop. Can it just be coincidence? Perhaps, but not likely.

Yes, I have seen big sellers with low ratings like 97.2% still sell high volume and listings show up in the 1st page of searches but that's probably because they are such high volume sellers.

For small sellers, I think you're listings drop quite a bit if you were a 100% feedback rating to a 98%.

Now, on a personal note, I do hope you are right. I would be glad if you are right. But % does matter. Buyers are more likely going to buy from a seller who is rate 99.5% vs a seller who is rated 94%. And why would ebay put items from a seller with 94% over items from a seller that is 99%? That wouldn't make sense either. Ebay would want to promote items from their top sellers and best sellers right? They wouldn't promote their less than stellar sellers above their stellar ones.

What I said is still true. If buyers either leave feedback at 100% rate or ebay can just automatically count it as +1 if no feedback is left after 60 days or 90 days, I don't know what's wrong with that? All it would do is give us the most accurate statistics of a seller's selling performance. That's all I'm asking for.

If a I sold 1000 items and 995 were successful, why wouldn't I want myself to be advertised as a seller who has 995 successful sales and not a seller who has just 295 successful sales? The reality is I have 995, so I want to be shown as having 995, not 295 because 700 deadbeat buyers didn't bother or care to record a feedback for me.

No feedback is NOT the best feedback. Positive feedback is the best feedback.
Too much overanalysis OP
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
okay, okay, okay, positive feedback is the best feedback but there's no point going on and on about it.

The reason why this thread has attracted little interest is because feedback attracts little interest. It's not a metric so it is what it is. Manage it as you see fit.

As for calling buyers, like me, who never leave feedback 'deadbeats' then it's pretty clear you're allowing your over sensitive feelings to cloud the subject. It's a financial transaction for gods sake, not a snowflake support group.
No, I disagree with you.
Feedbacks affects the seller's status and reputation on ebay.
That's how ebay made it. I didn't make it like that. So ebay wants sellers to
do their job well and that's what I do. I do it well. 995/1000 ...how is that not considered top rate? The problem is ebay doesn't solve the problem of deadbeat buyers who should leave feedback when they ordered something and it arrived exactly and perfectly as advertised. They are supposed to leave feedback but since they don't, that's why I said in the very beginning, ebay should just make it automatic +1. I don't care for feedbacks either. I just want what I'm supposed to get and that's 995/1000 not 295/300. That's ripping off sellers like me simply based on the lack of effort on buyers parts to leave feedback. So just make it an automatic +1 if buyers don't leave any after 90 days? Ebay already does this when a case opens and the buyer doesn't respond in 30 days, the ebay automatically closes it in favor of WHO? The seller. My point.

Having been an ebayer since 2003 (probably longer than you), every single order I have ever made on ebay in the 16 years I've been using it, guess what? I LEFT FEEDBACK. Every single order. So yes, I have the right to call out buyers who don't leave feedback when they should. The system is designed for it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't care then, but ebay made it that way. So the problem is with ebay's system not me complaining why ebay doesn't fix this flaw. And yes, feedbacks is still a HUGE issue, just do a simple search and see the thousands of questions constantly being asked about it still.

Last edited by oatmeal; 08-20-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Too much overanalysis OP
Really? 995/1000 = 99.5 vs 295/300 = 98.3

Not sure what's so hard about that?

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
You haven't got a clue what the implications of that are. Go and see how well it works on ebid.

Anyway never going to happen because only poor sellers want it.

Good look for the future, I'm done with this emotional support thread.
Well, sorry, you are wrong and too arrogant to admit it.
I asked you for proof and you can't provide it because it doesn't exist.
Feedbacks do matter. Just admit when you can't back it up. So long.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-20-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,828
Thanks: 2,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,235 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

It is fact. You keep on making everything up. It is fact feedback is not a metric. It has no meaning. Yes, fact. You can read the policy.

I have many accounts top rated seller, collecting tens of thousands of dollars a month with 98% feedback.

We could not care less about feedback. Really, why would we?

In order to have 100% feedback, you would have to be low volume, never make a mistake and issue a refund for every scammer and for what? You will make less money and get scammed more often. **** that!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-20-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,828
Thanks: 2,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,235 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Well, sorry, you are wrong and too arrogant to admit it.
I asked you for proof and you can't provide it because it doesn't exist.
Feedbacks do matter. Just admit when you can't back it up. So long.
You are the arrogant one here. It is your opinion.....It is NOT fact. It is just what you think. Nobody cares, so why keep on repeating yourself? You just sound more arrogant and ignorant doing so.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-20-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,828
Thanks: 2,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,235 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Really? 995/1000 = 99.5 vs 295/300 = 98.3

Not sure what's so hard about that?

He never said it was hard. He said YOU over analyse feedback as if is somehow important.

What is so hard about that for YOU to understand?

We get it, you think feedback is important. Good for you
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
He never said it was hard. He said YOU over analyse feedback as if is somehow important.

What is so hard about that for YOU to understand?

We get it, you think feedback is important. Good for you
Talk about being emotional.
If you can't prove that feedbacks don't matter, nobody is forcing you
to comment here. I thought you said you were leaving? lol.

Yes, it seems it's too difficult for you to understand simple math.
99.5 is better than 98.3

If you are saying feedbacks don't matter, then why does ebay even
have a feedback rating/score and system? Huh? I got you there didn't I?

Yeah, if feedbacks didn't matter, then why even have feedbacks on ebay?
You need to take it up with ebay and not with me. I'm simply pointing
the flaw with ebay and you are taking out your emotions on me.

It's really simple.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-20-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 950
Thanked 776 Times in 594 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Having been an ebayer since 2003 (probably longer than you), every single order I have ever made on ebay in the 16 years I've been using it, guess what? I LEFT FEEDBACK. Every single order. So yes, I have the right to call out buyers who don't leave feedback when they should.
You would REALLLLY hate me lol

I routinely buy $20,000-$40,000 a month on ebay and I NEVER leave feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-20-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,188
Thanks: 950
Thanked 776 Times in 594 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

And I'd wager a bet that the vast majority of buyers never even SEE the seller's feedback score when they are buying on mobile devices.

The shiit is hidden at the bottom... that's how important eBay views it lol
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
CaptainComedown (04-25-2020), oatmeal (08-20-2019)
  #19  
Old 08-20-2019
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,828
Thanks: 2,701
Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,235 Posts
Activity: 54%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Why would I or anyone waste time proving something that is not even provable? LOL

It is opinion based. Fact of the matter is, almost nobody cares about feedback, especially not ebay. You CAN NOT get banned by feedback score. You CAN NOT have any negative effects by paypal or ebay or feedback.

100% of my accounts are Top Rated Seller and not a single one is 100% feedback. We handle millions of dollars total and we do not manage feedback and hardly even look at it.
If you love feedback, good for you. I nor anyone else cares what some random dude from the inter-web is saying about it. All big sellers care about is Cash Flowing in, ROI and Profit margins. Feedback has nothing to do with any of that. Never once has a lender asked me for my feedback score. Never once has a partner asked me what my feedback looked like. Never once have I asked my wholesale buyers what their feedback score is.....

This thread has a 1 star review. Does that mean anything? According to you, it does. Take that for what it is worth.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
And I'd wager a bet that the vast majority of buyers never even SEE the seller's feedback score when they are buying on mobile devices.

The shiit is hidden at the bottom... that's how important eBay views it lol
This is good, thanks. I didn't know that. If this is indeed true, then that's a good sign. Thanks for mentioning that.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Why would I or anyone waste time proving something that is not even provable? LOL

It is opinion based. Fact of the matter is, almost nobody cares about feedback, especially not ebay. You CAN NOT get banned by feedback score. You CAN NOT have any negative effects by paypal or ebay or feedback.

100% of my accounts are Top Rated Seller and not a single one is 100% feedback. We handle millions of dollars total and we do not manage feedback and hardly even look at it.
If you love feedback, good for you. I nor anyone else cares what some random dude from the inter-web is saying about it. All big sellers care about is Cash Flowing in, ROI and Profit margins. Feedback has nothing to do with any of that. Never once has a lender asked me for my feedback score. Never once has a partner asked me what my feedback looked like. Never once have I asked my wholesale buyers what their feedback score is.....

This thread has a 1 star review. Does that mean anything? According to you, it does. Take that for what it is worth.

Thanks for proving my point and proving that I was right.
You just did yourself in. See? You are a big seller. I already said that feedbacks is not an issue for big time sellers who move large volume. You can get 200 negative feedbacks a year, and it wouldn't matter to you because you're probably selling 100,000 sales (millions of dollars as you say).

So you clearly are ineligible to complain because it does not apply to you.

As I clearly stated in my opening that you FAILED to read properly, I said
it affects small time sellers like me. 1 negative has a massive impact on my reputation which is why it's so important to have all the positives reported. If I have 1 negative and only 20 positives when I should have about 200 positives but 180 people who had no problems with their orders just didn't want to make the effort to leave positive feedback, how is 19/20 a better reputation than 199/200?

Sorry, you are wrong. For small sellers like us, it's a big deal and it affects us big-time. For large volume sellers, it's insignificant as you stated which I agree, duh.

Next time please read carefully before you decide to make arrogant comments and judge someone on a situation that has no bearing for you.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-20-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

My next point about feedbacks is that there is no DEGREE of feedbacks.

Example:
1) Seller doesn't ship anything to the buyer hoping they keep all the money and the buyer just forgets to call back on it. Seller doesn't tell the buyer they didn't ship anything. Buyer gets mad and leaves seller negative. This is deserving, the seller provided an unacceptable service.

2) Seller does ship item, it arrives quickly, buyer claims item was damaged and tells seller. Seller quickly apologizes and re-ships a new item free of charge. Buyer receives it but is angry because the whole process took 2 weeks and buyer needed the item in 5 days ago and considers this late. Buyer leaves a negative. In this case, the seller did everything they possibly could have done to make the situation right and whole, good effort was put in, but still receives a negative.

In case 1 and case 2, you'd never know if one negative was less deserving of another. It would just appear as 2 negatives. There is no distinguishing between degrees of negatives. It may have been inches away from being a positive experience or it may have been outright the worst service ever provided yet both are equal because ebay does not distinguish between degrees.

If that is the case, then positives also have no degrees either. It shouldn't matter if one buyer was jumping for joy, elated with the service, product, and leaves a positive saying you are the best seller in all of ebay! Versus another positive where a buyer is just satisifed, not overly happy or thrilled, just content that they got what they ordered but nothing special about the seller, but you still get a positive.

Hence, why every completed transaction that has no issues or problems after say 90 days should just automatically be counted as +1 on your rating. There is no distinguishing of degrees of feedback. People will only see if it was negative feedback or positive without knowing how much of it was actually deserving or not.


Last point, reputation is important when making sales. So someone said on mobile, you can't even see the seller's feedback rating until the very bottom of the page. If that is true, then that's great news. But on computers, you still see a feedback rating score right next to your name.

Now tell me this, if everywhere you went and saw apple product or samsung products and right next to their name was an overall reputation score (averaged across the globe) do you think Apple or Samsung or any other large company would love having a 76% rating next to their name everywhere? Everywhere and anywhere you see the name Apple it will have a rating next to them like this: Apple (76.1%) and Samsung (79.6%). You'd be crazy not to think that those companies would absolutely hate having a percentage rating always next to their name. Why? Because it does affect their image, reputation, brand if a number is always shown next to their name.

Fortunately for them, they don't have any ratings ever revealed next to their names. They may have just received 12,000 complaints and problems globally in the past 48 hours but you'd never know that or see that reflected next to their names. They just get to be advertised as APPLE with no rating next to them. Wouldn't it be nice for ebay sellers not to have a dumb feedback rating/score next to their name? YES. My point.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VCC vs AVS VCC. Not clear on which I should get BeAwesome Credit Card Alternatives 6 04-02-2018 10:30 AM
do i need to clear my PC ? jane Amazon 6 02-03-2017 04:35 PM
Can someone clear this up for me please? SellingKing Amazon 3 03-20-2013 12:42 PM
@M@ZON...In The Clear? JRYAN34 Amazon 2 06-12-2011 07:48 PM
Am I in the clear? Special_K eBay Suspensions 2 02-15-2011 11:14 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58