eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay FeedBack (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/)
-   -   best thing to sell on new ebay account to get some feedback ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-feedback/26917-best-thing-sell-new-ebay-account-get-some-feedback.html)

jhn2001 01-12-2011 04:28 AM

best thing to sell on new ebay account to get some feedback ?

Firstof all i didnt find an intro thread . i am from india ,23 yrs old .

I was wondering what could be the best thing to sell to on ebay to acquire some feedbacks . i have lost like 6 of my accounts in a row they were all 1 week old and had 3-5 feedbacks on them .

things ain't looking good for me now . Looks like i have to try something new .

veggiegymrat 01-12-2011 11:58 AM

I'm interested in this as well. In general, what is something safe and inexpensive to sell on new accounts that you aren't going to sell full time, but just to get established?

rsot 01-12-2011 12:02 PM

Welcome to the forums jhn2001 - best first step is to get the eb ay stealth guide to find out why you keep losing your accounts. Set up new accounts properly.

If you do a forum search for feedback, you will find several long threads already discussing this - post there.

All the best as you peruse the site.

stickmade 01-12-2011 12:10 PM

Try some ipod/iphone charging leads, Or iphone/ipod cases covers great for feedback.

holymoly 01-12-2011 01:45 PM

There are LOTS of things you can do. E-books, stamps, cards, SD cards, accessories, small items, video games, crap around your house, anything electronically sent.

The list goes on...

jhn2001 01-13-2011 01:33 AM

thanks for the reply guys .. previously i have tried listing few things with value under 5$ but recently ebay is acting tough on me for some reason .
i have tried listing under services section also under ipod accessories .

cardfelon 01-13-2011 09:48 AM

Have you read the stealth book yet? If not then it is worth the money. Regardless of what you sell if you aren't following the correct steps for each account then they will continue to suspend or limit any account that you create.
Also make sure you are listing each item in the correct category. If Ebay catches you listing things in the wrong category they will remove them and issue a policy violation on your account.

NadiaLauren 01-13-2011 06:14 PM

YEP definitely buy a Stealth book :D

DogFacedBoy 01-17-2011 01:07 AM

Here's just a guess, but gift cards to stores or restaurants usually go for way more than you would think.
Ex: a $20 Starbucks card someone gave me sold for like $19.00..same with Chili's, Applebees, etc. sold a $50 on for $47. Obviously the cheaper the better if just trying to build feedback up.

So maybe 10 Starbucks cards at $20 per selling for $19+ could be a way of buying feedback

cherrqell 01-17-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggiegymrat (Post 196372)
I'm interested in this as well. In general, what is something safe and inexpensive to sell on new accounts that you aren't going to sell full time, but just to get established?

Pet supplies usually work well.

lostsub 01-17-2011 02:51 PM

Another good thing to sell is old "broken" computer, printer or any electronic parts. What I mean is sell the parts that are still good. For instance list the power supplies, and any internal parts that are removable and still OK. I had 2 older laser printers, and I even sold the paper drawers from them. When my old laptop fizzled I listed the laptop (motherboard died) and the 2 batteries all seperately, and got enough to cover the cost of a new laptop.

turbo 01-18-2011 07:50 AM

I buy shipping envelopes, large packs of 100+ , then resell them in packs of ten... because its usually sellers themselves that are buying, they're usually quick to leave feedback too.

holymoly 01-19-2011 03:30 PM

^^^Good idea; however, I am recommending to everyone that the best and EASIEST feedback (without shipping hassles) is to do electronicallly sent items.

JoshA 01-20-2011 09:47 PM

Right now I'm selling scrapbook stickers and other stuff that I get for 30 cents at a local shop, they go pretty quickly, alot of people that buy are also looking to cheaply build buying feedback so they'll get the drift and leave you 5 stars too, however it also atracts some Ebayers that have no idea that "good" means 'bad' on Ebay and leave 4 star, even if you ship them next day, they have no idea. But generally I believe selling tangible goods might be a smart thing than "a picture of my cat Ginger" even though the electronic way is of course a fair amount cheaper and costs alot less time.

janoe0607 04-05-2011 11:13 PM

I suggest iPhone accessories :D

mdiva901 04-06-2011 04:22 PM

I started selling things i didn't need around the house for really cheap. i sold my son old uniforms pants for 1.50 each

hapajenn1 04-17-2011 09:34 PM

to those suggesting that ipad/ ipod items and accessories are low risk, isnt it considered VERO to sell Apple IPOD products?

jbluntz 04-17-2011 09:52 PM

Selling iphone, ipods would be high risk vero but the accessories is low risk vero, rarely ever get pulled but you can get suspended for feedback manipulation if you sell too many at too low a price.

cortex 04-21-2011 06:57 PM

jhn2001 - namaste - are most of your sales within India? Or do you sell internationally?

Imakemoney 04-21-2011 07:45 PM

simple things such as phone cases work well for me here in the UK.

You should be looking towards something that sells well in India and is fairly cheap, and not a vero item to build up good feedback and not bump into any problems.

rsot 04-22-2011 10:45 AM

@cortex, havent seen the original poster in ages - since Jan 2011, think s/he is long gone...

biglouis999 05-01-2011 09:15 AM

I sell low value collectables such as vintage postcards and images freepost for just about the cost of the postage. There are a lot of small paper items in this category that can simply be put into an envelope between two pieces of old card and dropped in the mail.

Neplusultra 05-02-2011 08:22 AM

Anyone have any other grand ideas?

ShadyOne 05-02-2011 08:52 AM

@Neplusultra, I would just have a criteria for early sales on a new account.

Mostly I sell USED, GENUINE items, FAST POSTAGE, TRACKING if possible, FREE DELIVERY if possible etc etc You get it? It is about staying under the radar and playing into the DSR categories, just making sure you score high on them.

Nobody is going to give specific items you should sell and if they did, it could be hearsay or inexperience talking.

:peace:

GrannyT 05-02-2011 09:28 AM

I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you what I do.

I currently have 2 successful accounts and yesterday I registered a third.

I shall be listing 8 items, all on 7 day auction and all starting at 0.99p. All very non-descript. I expect at least 4 to sell.

Next week I shall list 10 items

After that we will see how we go.

Look upon it like growing tomatoes - you plant the seed and the plant starts growing. You feed it and it grows some more. Very soon it starts flowering and before you know it you will start producing fruit. You wait for the fruit to ripen and then you harvest it.

You don't plant the seed one day and get fruit the next - it needs caring and nurturing and if you do it right it will last you years - or it could die after one season.

Slowly and surely

As for what to sell you will have to do your own research on that. It depends if you are prepared to buy stock, if you are trading as a business or as private account. Personally I find it easier to start straight off as a business account. I established my second account by three months of trading something so ridiculous you would laugh - it took between £30 and £100 per week for 3 months. It now takes £800 - £1,200 per week. The point I am making is that the game here is not about quick fixes. It's about getting trading again and nurturing what you are building. It's about learning from what went wrong first time around.

You must never forget that no matter what you do, no matter how well you conduct your business, 'the man' can shut you down at a moments notice.

I have seen many people come on here saying how they have lost one account after the other. They haven't listened to what they have been told and then seem aggrieved that their plan didn't work.

There is a wise saying - if you do what you have always done don't be surprised when what happens is what always happens.

Best of luck:amen:

GrannyT 05-02-2011 09:32 AM

I've just seen the date of this thread - do I feel daft or what?:mad2:

moustafa 05-03-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannytranny (Post 225058)
I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you what I do.

I currently have 2 successful accounts and yesterday I registered a third.

I shall be listing 8 items, all on 7 day auction and all starting at 0.99p. All very non-descript. I expect at least 4 to sell.

Next week I shall list 10 items

After that we will see how we go.

Look upon it like growing tomatoes - you plant the seed and the plant starts growing. You feed it and it grows some more. Very soon it starts flowering and before you know it you will start producing fruit. You wait for the fruit to ripen and then you harvest it.

You don't plant the seed one day and get fruit the next - it needs caring and nurturing and if you do it right it will last you years - or it could die after one season.

Slowly and surely

As for what to sell you will have to do your own research on that. It depends if you are prepared to buy stock, if you are trading as a business or as private account. Personally I find it easier to start straight off as a business account. I established my second account by three months of trading something so ridiculous you would laugh - it took between £30 and £100 per week for 3 months. It now takes £800 - £1,200 per week. The point I am making is that the game here is not about quick fixes. It's about getting trading again and nurturing what you are building. It's about learning from what went wrong first time around.

You must never forget that no matter what you do, no matter how well you conduct your business, 'the man' can shut you down at a moments notice.

I have seen many people come on here saying how they have lost one account after the other. They haven't listened to what they have been told and then seem aggrieved that their plan didn't work.

There is a wise saying - if you do what you have always done don't be surprised when what happens is what always happens.

Best of luck:amen:

Well, Could you tell me why do you have to own three separate stealth Accounts? (Pa yp al and Ebay)
with 3 stealth pa yp al accounts, how are you going to withdraw your earned money from your ebay sales?
and are you able to buy anything from ebay and get it shipped to your real shipping information using any of those stealth accounts or you have something else to do?

Cheers :)

Imback2010 05-03-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moustafa (Post 225617)
Well, Could you tell me why do you have to own three separate stealth Accounts? (Pa yp al and Ebay)
with 3 stealth pa yp al accounts, how are you going to withdraw your earned money from your ebay sales?
and are you able to buy anything from ebay and get it shipped to your real shipping information using any of those stealth accounts or you have something else to do?

Cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by moustafa (Post 225617)
Well, Could you tell me why do you have to own three separate stealth Accounts?

how are you going to withdraw your earned money from your ebay sales?

1. To spread the risk is why we create multiple accounts.

2. By Opening 3 separate bank accounts with banks that allow mismatched name deposits

3. The idea is to have a separate buyer account just to buy things so if it goes down then it does not hurt you. You can use your suspended address with a variation of an address like

Like the street address instead of

23 Leftist Avenue you can use

Twenty Three Leftist Ave

for the residence address:yar:

moustafa 05-03-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imback2010 (Post 225631)
1. To spread the risk is why we create multiple accounts.

2. By Opening 3 separate bank accounts with banks that allow mismatched name deposits

3. The idea is to have a separate buyer account just to buy things so if it goes down then it does not hurt you. You can use your suspended address with a variation of an address like

Like the street address instead of

23 Leftist Avenue you can use

Twenty Three Leftist Ave

for the residence address:yar:

1. I like the idea of spreading the risk but now how are you going to manage six accounts (3 pp/3 eb) ?

2. very good idea but what are these banks that allow deposits from mismatched names? online application?

3. nice idea for re-writing the shipping address in another form although the change will be only in numbers like your example not a big change so it has a probability to be catched easily with just a visual test by any ebay operator.
have you tried to change your shipping address by your way and it worked?
whats about the name? First/Last names? those can't be changed!

Imback2010 05-03-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moustafa (Post 225644)
1. I like the idea of spreading the risk but now how are you going to manage six accounts (3 pp/3 eb) ?

2. very good idea but what are these banks that allow deposits from mismatched names? online application?

3. nice idea for re-writing the shipping address in another form although the change will be only in numbers like your example not a big change so it has a probability to be catched easily with just a visual test by any ebay operator.
have you tried to change your shipping address by your way and it worked?
whats about the name? First/Last names? those can't be changed!

I actually use the same exact name and address that was suspended by ebay. Its been going six months strong and did another one 2 months ago and its still active. I don't sell on those accounts though.

Using 3 ebays and 3 paypals by rotating them each month is a good idea depending on how much you sell.

And since the mail courier delivers the package to my address no matter name is on the package theoretically I can use any name.I dont do it that way though.

moustafa 05-03-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imback2010 (Post 225647)
I actually use the same exact name and address that was suspended by ebay. Its been going six months strong and did another one 2 months ago and its still active. I don't sell on those accounts though.

Using 3 ebays and 3 paypals by rotating them each month is a good idea depending on how much you sell.

And since the mail courier delivers the package to my address no matter name is on the package theoretically I can use any name.I dont do it that way though.

Making a new ebay account that carries your real information to the one that was suspended must be risky.
you say that ebay tracks ips, so now you have alot of matching things that can lead to an instant ban like: same personal details/same ip/same shipping address!
How do you succeed with that thing?
Also, how do you pay for the items you purchase while using that ebay account?
would be happy if you reply the rest of the other questions in the previous post.

Cheers,
Moustafa

ShadyOne 05-04-2011 04:46 AM

^^ Yes but he is only using buyer accounts, which is much easier.

Go ahead and set up yourself a buyer account using your real address, it should last long enough, as long as you make no silly mistakes. Ensure all your other stealth techniques are in place, basically keeping it seperate from your stealth sellers accounts.

My buyer account has to been going many months, as has many other forum members.

Good luck

moustafa 05-04-2011 05:33 AM

^^^ I already have a buyer and a seller account both with my real details.

If i create a new buyers account with again my real info so it will directly link to my current account and once any of them get suspended, the other will do too!

The issue comes with Pa yp al not Ebay, if i could buy/sell everything using MoneyBookers i wouldn't have a single problem!

I know that 2co can be used to recieve and send payments from and to pp, some people say its accepted on ebay while i don't find it as one of the accepted merchants!

ShadyOne 05-04-2011 05:43 AM

^Well, I never knew you had a buyer account already, so you do not need to create another buyer account.

When 'imback2010' said he uses his real details for buyer accounts, you replied by saying "Making a new ebay account that carries your real information to the one that was suspended must be risky." - but now you have just told me that you do this yourself with buyer accounts. :rolleyes:

Create your own threads anyway!

moustafa 05-04-2011 08:29 PM

^^ yes, because the other person who created a buyers account under his real info, had already a suspended buyers account for the same info!
I have my threads, Check them! ;)

ShadyOne 05-05-2011 04:54 AM

^^ Can't be bothered checkin your threads, lost interest! :suspicious:

"If i create a new buyers account with again my real info so it will directly link to my current account and once any of them get suspended, the other will do too!"

Why would you create two buyers accounts? Just stick to one :doh:

moustafa 05-05-2011 08:33 AM

^^^ I lost interest before you - when reading your posts :D

can't stick to one, you can't get it.

ShadyOne 05-05-2011 06:09 PM

^^^ Ok interest back. Why can you not stick to one buyer account?

edit: I just read all your comments in this thread, don't even bother replying to my question, you will only contradict yourself again :rolleyes:

good luck moustafa! :yar:

lostsub 05-05-2011 10:56 PM

1 Timothy 6:10 "Money is the root of all evil"

Eminem "Money is what makes a man act funny"

Me "Rap = Not really that important"

moustafa 05-06-2011 12:20 AM

I don't contradict myself, you just don't understand it.

Good luck shady! ;)