Buyer left a negative feedback. Lying completely. What can I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 12-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Buyer left a negative feedback. Lying completely. What can I do?

I had a buyer and she left a ridiculously lying feedback on the item. I suspect that this is a competitor trying to take me down. Her feedback is just all buying, no selling.

What can I do? This feedback drove me crazy because of her lying. My feedback score really went down because of this. None of my buyers has complained so far.

Please help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Get used to it.
There is NOTHING you can do.
As Modee said.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Happens all the time, including on this forum.
Old 04-02-2009

Longevity: 87%

Go to marketingtips.com and check out the eBay section (or whatever you;d call it) and there are newsletters/blog posts or whatever it is (articles maybe) and there's an article explaining what you can do. Yes, you can do something about it.

I think it has something to do with lodging an appeal or soemthing and then the buyer must respond or something like that.

Would it hurt to give it to them for free in exchange for a revised FB in the positive? The short-term loss would cortail the long-term losses of neg FB. And this buyer can't keep coming back to give neg FB as it would look suss to the Ebay staff OR you could just bar that user from bidding anymore on your items.

Hope that helps some.
Old 04-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you can fill out an ebay form if classed as defamation, they might remove eg, they said something general about you like you sell defective items or something personal
Old 04-02-2009

Longevity: 88%

You can always try and counter their feedback with a follow-up reply.

Responding to Feedback and Adding*Follow-up Comments

The only bad thing is they still have a chance to follow-up your follow-up. If they want to be a jerk they can say even worse things. I've only had one person do this though (and I always follow-up bad or neutral feedback).

As far as getting feedback removed... eBay won't lift a finger unless it includes your full name or threatening language ("I will kill" you, etc.).
Old 04-21-2009

Longevity: 96%

Something like this happened to me a while ago. After some research, I fought this thing called FEEDBACK REVISION REQUEST. Check out the link below:

Requesting Feedback Revision

My suggestion is that if you can make the buyer "happy" in any way, just do it. And ask her to revise her feedback.
Old 04-30-2009
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Buyers are getting worse, I have had so many recently who told me they were not happy with product, the packing was not professional, the item was 1/8" to short then described and a host of other crap, and each one of them asked for a partial refund or a total refund of their shipping or they would return the item and leave a negative.

Seems this type of buyer is now using it to get something for free.

And I wont give in to them anymore like I used to. The customer is always right idea just went out the window with the way they are acting anymore.

I even had one who told me I used the wrong size peanuts in my packing causing the item to end of against the side of the box and put there item at risk of being damaged. Then left me a neg for using the wrong size peanuts.

Old 05-01-2009

Longevity: 96%

Tell me about it...

I got this buyer who negged me and called me a "scam artist" because his package isn't there. But the tracking number shows that the package has been sitting in his post office. Lot of crazy folks out there. I think the buyers are just totally abusing the feedback system now. So unfair...