Is registering DBA really smart? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 05-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Is registering DBA really smart?

I've just read in book that registering doing business as name is recommended. I plan to register DBA and then with that name to open a mailbox which will be used as an address on both ebay and ppal.
My question really is: if (when) I got suspended I don't intend to pay fees as probably no one does, but my real name will be stuck to a DBA in some public register that is searchable on the Internet, is this really smart solution then?
Before you say, merchant acc. I can't open one for some other reason (SSN). I'm sticking with ppal which is not that bad once you get the whole deal: I use debit card for all my shopping, I pay for merchandise, I always keep some money and never withdraw too much - generally I don't have problem with ppal at all. I don't need to withdraw that much money either. So it's important to me that I get debit card in my mailbox.
When I owed fees for my first account I had in real name, collection agency obtained my new address (I moved 2000 miles), probably through mail redirection service and kept sending letters, so it won't be that easy to get my real name.
Strangely enough, my new address was already used with new account under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name but eBay didn't link it although I've got promo material from ebay to my new address for my old, suspended account - looks like collection agency gave my new address back to eBay but to wrong department.

Anyway, my other solution would be to register new acc under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name that may look like company name - something like Evan Banco (Evanban Co.) and then just open mailbox under that company name.
What's your opinion?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

stealth name, doesnt have to look like DBA, if its stealth name then make sure bank account is attached in case of limitation.

DBA is useful if you dont add bank, in conjunction with a box address to get check if limited.

Some boxes require a legal name or company so its useful for that too.

In UK through companies house, you can get a name, no real address for that person just a business address, so they cant do anything to you.

the problem is that many internet based directories will get every single company name and address, your real address and publish on internet, so if you type in 'rose fair' the company, after pages and pages your address and company may come up, very hard to see how you could be pinpointed. If you put in Rose fair as a name on paypal, well then nobody would even think of looking for you under a company, see my logic

any letter would get to box in any case.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-10-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-09-2009

Longevity: 98%

eBay isn't going to look up your DBA. I'm not sure if you can add an EIN for just a DBA and registering an LLC costs a lot of money.