eBay fees Forum - Best Ways to Pay, Avoiding Linking on Multiple Accounts - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 03-27-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

well if you account gets suspended all of them will. you should use one credit card for one ebay account only to stay on the safe side
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Emmm, yes paying with the same card will 100% link your accounts.
Old 04-12-2008

i have same problem with DogFacedBoy
Please give us a solution
Old 04-12-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Simon to Pay Seller's Fees

Purchased a $20.00 simon gift account for pp reasons. Worked out well & limit is now removed from pp.

Can I use this simon gift account to pay for some of my seller's fees even though "receiver" name on Simon does not match eb name? Do they see that or it doesn't matter?
Old 04-12-2008
Administrator

Yes, this is a very old thread, anything past 6 months you can basically consider obsolete.
Old 04-12-2008

Longevity: 99%
Exclamation I have done extensive experimentation, old paypal accounts are dead!!

I tried every possible permutation of reusing my existing Paypal accounts. Every one results in suspension of any associated EBAY account.

Note, that Paypal will let you use the accounts all you want for anything BUT EBAY. You can use it for web sales from any other source just fine. Paypal will not interfere.

But any EBAY account associated with any Paypal account that was associated with a prior suspended EBAY account will be linked and suspended. The reasoning varies in the suspension notification depending on how you linked the account, but the result is always the same.

The Paypal accounts are cross linked in any way they can link them. Common bank accounts, common mailing addresses, common credit cards, etc. So, if you have multiple Paypal accounts, and Paypal makes a link (this happened to me), not only will your accounts in the first Paypal account come down, all EBAY accounts associated with all linked Paypal accounts will come down.

Don't give Paypal any grief. Any complaint and they will alert EBAY about your account. This is what happened to me. All my accounts came down after I asserted my dissatisfaction with a judgment against me on a Paypal complaint. Within one day of sending my complaint, all my accounts came down. All intertwined across those linked Paypal accounts. Accounts not associated with Paypal were untouched.

Do NOT use your paypal accounts for new EBAY accounts period if they have ever been linked to any suspended EBAY account.
Old 04-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

paying ebay fees?? since when did we start doing that! hahahaha
Old 04-12-2008

Default Well, considering you can't get new accounts..

anymore without having paypal and EBAY on your side, I wouldn't screw aroudn with the fees anymore. Creating accounts is not as easy as it was a year ago. They are suspending almost everything.

Point is, though, do not link old paypal accounts with new EBAY accounts or suspension awaits you.

And even the hero of ripping off EBAY, modee, is saying he pays his fees like a good boy now. So don't get too cocky if you have a working account.
Old 04-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayaintstupid View Post
Don't give Paypal any grief. Any complaint and they will alert EBAY about your account. This is what happened to me. All my accounts came down after I asserted my dissatisfaction with a judgment against me on a Paypal complaint. Within one day of sending my complaint, all my accounts came down. All intertwined across those linked Paypal accounts. Accounts not associated with Paypal were untouched.
Ain't that the truth. I am convinced complaining to paypal is what got me linked and suspended. I was trying to pay my cell phone bill with my paypal debit card and paypal kept rejecting the charge even though there was more than enough in the account, but took $5.00 out of my paypal balance. You are supposed to get cash back for using the card not cash taken away so I complained to paypal about this and within 24 hours my ebay account was gone. I had been using the account to buy for over a year and had been
selling for around 5-6 months without even a blip.

If you use paypal and use your debit card regularly watch your balance carefully. After this happened I noticed that at least $1 disappeared from my account every time I used the card. On each transaction there is NO record of a $1 fee being deducted. The money just disappears with no record of it in your account activity.
Old 04-15-2008

Default Paying ebay fees with Amex gift card

lifting paypal limits?
i tried it and it says this card number is either invalid or incomplete, please try again
wtf?
Old 04-16-2008
Administrator

AMEX Card? Isn't simon a visa card?
Old 04-16-2008

Default mine says amex

mine says amex
Old 04-18-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Got all four of my new accounts suspended today...all set up about a year ago. Common cause was surely my paypal account that had previously been associated with my previously suspended ebay account (I know Modee, I know).

Question: has anyone been successful in disputing ebay fees when paid with Simon giftcard? On my previous ebay account I know it was a breeze when disputing and recouping the ebay charges when I used my personal AMEX card but this is new territory.
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

my good acc has a linked paypal acc, my fees are paid via that, thats my good acc tho
Old 04-20-2008

Default Bank Fees Question

Just need clarification on this issue.

If one is planning not to pay ebay fees (and of course not use that particular ebay account again). eBay will of course still try to get the fees from ones bank account. And that in turn will lead to a charge of $20-40 for NSF (Not sufficient funds), right?

So am I correct in thinking that if youre not planning to pay the fees - First thing you need to do is close down that bank account?
Old 04-20-2008
Administrator

If you select that's the payment eBay will get their fees from, they'll go for it. And if you don't have the funds in the account, it depends what type of fees your bank has for you, you could be charged. I usually set a prepaid card as the payment form though, so this has never happened to me.
Old 04-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Just need clarification on this issue.

If one is planning not to pay ebay fees (and of course not use that particular ebay account again). eBay will of course still try to get the fees from ones bank account. And that in turn will lead to a charge of $20-40 for NSF (Not sufficient funds), right?

So am I correct in thinking that if youre not planning to pay the fees - First thing you need to do is close down that bank account?

Some banks will go ahead and pay PP from an empty account and then expect you to make it good. Also, the last time I closed an account the banker told me it would only be closed 30 days after the last activity - not immediately!

Aspkin is right that it is better to use a card. But on the last EB account I opened (about ten days ago) EB required a bank account - didn't give the card option.
Old 04-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

I tried making payment on some seller fees today with a $100 Visa Gift Card from walgreens. The Gift2Go version and it was declined, is eBay no longer taking these cards?
Old 04-22-2008

Just paid my Seller's Fees yesterday (4/21) using a Amex GC...no problems. 2-weeks ago, I used a VanillaVisa & also paid seller's fees...no problems there either.
Old 04-22-2008

I just set up 3 ebay sellers accounts and 3 paypal accounts with gift2go cards. No problems.
Old 04-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Ya i found out what my problem was lol. I registered the card on my ebay account and they charged me $1 i guess for verfication. So i was trying to pay $100 and it kept on getting declined because all i had was $99 on the card. Does eBay give me that $1 Back ??
Old 04-23-2008

Quote:
Ya i found out what my problem was lol. I registered the card on my ebay account and they charged me $1 i guess for verfication. So i was trying to pay $100 and it kept on getting declined because all i had was $99 on the card. Does eBay give me that $1 Back ??
Yes, they will hold it for up to 5 days and then they should release it. They have always released my $1 fees