Paying Ebay Fee with Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 08-03-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paying Ebay Fee with Paypal

Okay, so I want to pay my ebay fees with PayPal, but there are many posts in this forum saying it's best not to use PayPal to pay your fees, but use a GiftCard instead.

At the Account page, under the My Ebay tab, it shows my account summary of how much I need to pay, and it gives me the option to make a one time payment using Paypal. If I use that method to pay ebay, will that prevent ebay from automatically taking fees from my account whenever the payments are due? Can I keep using this "make a one time payment" method using paypal to make payments?

At the bottom of the account summary, it gives me an option to link my paypal and my ebay account together. I am assuming that my paypal and ebay accounts aren't linked together, which is weird, because when I first started listing items with my new ebay account, it asked for my paypal information.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

DO NOT Link the Accounts Together

On the Paying the fee issue, I will Explain why You should use a Card.

When you Verify a Paypal Account you give them a Bank Account, and a Credit (VCC) Card

When you create an Ebay account you should use a Different Credit(VCC) Card

That "Officially" gives them 3 Different ways to "Track you"

Now use a Reloadable Credit (VCC) Card and pay your fees Every month with the SAME Card (ACCOUNT Number)

Now that makes 4 Different ways that they can Track you--3 Official, and 1 Not so official,, Overall though it gives your accounts (Ebay AND Paypal) a Higher Trust Score.
Old 08-04-2010

Longevity: 86%

I personally have been paying my ebay fees through one time payment method using paypal and never had any issue. Have had both my stealth ebay and stealth paypal for well over a year now. I do have to say I dont sell any high risk items what so ever so I am not worried about any issue with either ebay or paypal. This is just my own personal experience. When you use the one time payment method it is just that, a one time payment, your CC is probobly the one that will be charged should you not pay your fees in time etc. But when you go to initiate your paypal one time payment, it will tell you what your back up method is. Good Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to needhelpplease For This Useful Post:
trseller (02-08-2013)
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

It is NOT about Having Issues, It is about Establishing More trust with Ebay and Paypal, Also by NOT linking the accounts if you lose the Ebay Account, they DO NOT Have you Permission to into your Paypal account for Ebay fee's
Old 08-04-2010

A few times I have forgotten to pay my ebay fees and they never went into my paypal account to get the money....the charged my cc on file....like I said this was just a personal experience and I have never had any issue.
Old 08-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
A few times I have forgotten to pay my ebay fees and they never went into my paypal account to get the money....the charged my cc on file....like I said this was just a personal experience and I have never had any issue.
Im Talkin about when Ebay shuts you down ,,,Permanantly
Old 08-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Not sure how the credit card method is going to work since my real address is listed under my other credit cards.

Would making a direct payment work? Would they be able to dig into the bank's account information?
Old 08-04-2010

That is why slapped is saying get a prepaid card. You register it with the same info as your registered ebay information so that there wont be a problem.....if you sell alot then the cost of buying these cards could be rather expensive unless you get refillable prepaid cards which would just be a complete hassel for me.

If you wait for them to charge your real credit card on file and the addresses dont match that would depend on the credit card you have on weather or not they would reject or accept the charge.....if they try and charge it and it is rejected be ready for some issues with ebay.
Old 06-08-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

When you Verify a Paypal Account you give them a Bank Account, and a Credit (VCC) Card

Now use a Reloadable Credit (VCC) Card and pay your fees Every month with the SAME Card (ACCOUNT Number)

Now that makes 4 Different ways that they can Track you--3 Official, and 1 Not so official,, Overall though it gives your accounts (Ebay AND Paypal) a Higher Trust Score.
wait, why not link the accounts together? im confused... dont u have to link the paypal with the ebay in order to be able to receive payments via paypal if selling?
Old 06-08-2011

Longevity: 75%

In the UK we have to link the accounts. Obviously in the US it is different
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 83%
Default Cant pay ebay fees ?

My account says they will deduct my ebay fees from ccv on file.That wont happen.I tried to make one time payment and wont go through.It says i cant
pay buyer fees or some crap.What happens if they charge card and it denies,which it will.What do i do?Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I don't agree with Slapped about linked accts. If EB wants money and you have some cash in PP they just grab it. With just a CC attached to EB you can pull a chargeba ck. With linkage to PP they have cash, CC or the bank. I think it's hard to stop a transfer midstream with the banks so they can keep that too.

So I think EB likes to be linked to PP
Old 08-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

I thinik that my Post is being mis-interpeted,,,In the post my Reference to "Link" simply means NOT Making Paypal your Default Method of Payment to Ebay. Im Saying that it is Better to Use something Like a Reloadable Green Dot or Vanilla Visa to Pay for your Ebay fees.

The Reason is for this is NOT to "protect" your Money from Ebay,,Because we all Know that Either Ebay or Paypal can take money out of your account (Even The ATTACHED Bank account) WHENEVER They Please,,,

The Reason to use ANOTHER card is to further strenghten you "Trust" Score,,,I have found that Paying this way actually makes your account STRONGER,,,,That is what I wanted to convey

Last edited by slapped; 08-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 73%

I don't have enough money in Pp right now to cover my b a y fees. Will I just be in the red w PP and then I can move money in or what should I do? I tried to make a payment but it's saying that I have automatic payments that come out of pp and that I will overpay. They will be trying to get the money between today & Wed.
Old 08-22-2011

U can use one time pay and automatic payments.
I think it will OK
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 73%

They (pp) just transferred the money from my bank acct to cover the auto payment. Scary though that they can do that!
Old 08-25-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Transfer money into pp to get this paid.

I have never had a problem with paying my eb fees with pp.

I always keep an eye on my eb balance and make sure their is always enough sitting in the account to pay it.
Old 10-01-2011

Longevity: 76%

I Have Never Had A Problem Paying Fees With PayPal
Old 10-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangster878 View Post
I Have Never Had A Problem Paying Fees With PayPal
Mee too... Paypal is best choise for payment fee....
Old 10-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thy tried to pull 350 from my bank with an e check too bad I moved all the funds the second it went down. Then closed it,few days later notified it was unable to xfer so winning. Its finny how much money e Fay loses because they decide to screw with performing accounts the account was top notch with almost 5.0 dsrs. But their loss for being Jackholes

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You let the account go?
Old 10-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Me? It got got.. so all attached were lost I'm quick though I xfer money away fast to block being charged on fees as for karma I do fullfill all paid orders so I'm not ripping people off. That's eBay's game not mine

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk