Can you be "creative" with MP? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 08-21-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Re: Can you be "creative" with MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashwrap12 View Post
This is what I've done so far: I used the stealth info in my account for the managed payments registration. Obviously, that couldn't be confirmed. I ignored the message that verification had failed, and continued listing as normal. About a week later, I was not able to list any more items until I uploaded an ID. So, I uploaded a creative ID. Although it does not seem that the ID has been approved, I was immediately able to list again, and I haven't heard anything since.

My goal is basically to delay moving to managed payments as long as possible since I don't trust eBay that way. Back when eBay owned PayPal, the abuses were rife. I'll let everyone know how the process goes from here.
Also when they say you can not list new items can you refill stock say put 5 more in stock it if was sold out? or can you just not list new items?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2020

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
This is what I've done so far: I used the stealth info in my account for the managed payments registration. Obviously, that couldn't be confirmed. I ignored the message that verification had failed, and continued listing as normal. About a week later, I was not able to list any more items until I uploaded an ID. So, I uploaded a creative ID. Although it does not seem that the ID has been approved, I was immediately able to list again, and I haven't heard anything since.

My goal is basically to delay moving to managed payments as long as possible since I don't trust eBay that way. Back when eBay owned PayPal, the abuses were rife. I'll let everyone know how the process goes from here.
yes pls do thankyou
Old 09-05-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
Bank account number and sort code match the account I gave to ebay earlier on in the process. I changed the name on the statement to match my stealth name. Even though ebay did not mention having the address on the bank statement, I changed that to match too.
Excuse me but what is going to happen when Ebay will send you a tax form when tax season comes? It's going to be on a stealth name so you won't be able to pay those taxes will you just ignore it? But if yes that can cause an investigation on the end of IRS or how it's called in UK and obviously they will find out whose bank account it really is so potentially the is a dangerous situation waiting upfront.
Please don't get me wrong I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my stealth accounts when it's time to register them with MP.
Thanks.
Old 09-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by valter888 View Post
Excuse me but what is going to happen when Ebay will send you a tax form when tax season comes? It's going to be on a stealth name so you won't be able to pay those taxes will you just ignore it? But if yes that can cause an investigation on the end of IRS or how it's called in UK and obviously they will find out whose bank account it really is so potentially the is a dangerous situation waiting upfront.
Please don't get me wrong I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my stealth accounts when it's time to register them with MP.
Thanks.
In the UK so don't have EB sending us any tax forms. We do have a VAT threshold and if we go over that we need to supply them a VAT number. Solution is not to go over that on our stealth accounts. Of course there are ways to combine all your accounts for tax purposes, register for VAT and declare income, etc. This is the safest way to do things. I don't want the HMRC knocking on my door!

As long as we declare our income to the HMRC and pay our taxes owed to them they are just fine and leave you alone.
Old 09-06-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
In the UK so don't have EB sending us any tax forms. We do have a VAT threshold and if we go over that we need to supply them a VAT number. Solution is not to go over that on our stealth accounts. Of course there are ways to combine all your accounts for tax purposes, register for VAT and declare income, etc. This is the safest way to do things. I don't want the HMRC knocking on my door!

As long as we declare our income to the HMRC and pay our taxes owed to them they are just fine and leave you alone.
Sounds smart and great!
I'd like anyone from the US to share his experience as well.
In this situation it's tremendously important to do everything right.
Thank you and good luck.
Old 09-08-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I know of at least one guy who has used such 'creativity' to pass the necessary verification to get approved on MP. He has done so with 11 accts so far.

What other information besides DOB, address, full name, bank account do they ask for?
Do they also ask for social security upon getting enrolled for MP?
Old 09-30-2020

Longevity: 26%

Quote:

Just wanted to follow up and ask you if your creative ID worked?

My date to enroll is 10/15/20.
Old 10-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by King84 View Post
Just wanted to follow up and ask you if your creative ID worked?

My date to enroll is 10/15/20.
Here in the UK we've had many stealth accounts suddenly NARU'd with no notification email. All have been registered for MP with stealth docs and apparently accepted and passed but before receiving any payments, gone.

It looks like they are doing further checks into the details supplied and if it doesn't check out good then it's goodbye for good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
Camaro2SS (12-12-2020), pirate1122 (05-28-2021)
Old 10-03-2020

Longevity: 37%

Will there be a solution to the issue?
Look like all stealth accounts are facing the same risk, sooner or later.

Quote:
Here in the UK we've had many stealth accounts suddenly NARU'd with no notification email. All have been registered for MP with stealth docs and apparently accepted and passed but before receiving any payments, gone.

It looks like they are doing further checks into the details supplied and if it doesn't check out good then it's goodbye for good.
Old 10-04-2020

If there is a name mismatch and funds are being sent to your real bank account with creative details, will that cause problems with USA bank institutions?

When issuing refunds, I believe the name will appear every time a customer requests a refund which may cause problems in the system if it keeps appearing as a name mismatch.

Anyone that's already enrolled in MP and have mismatching details having any problems with this?
The Following User Says Thank You to stealthnorris For This Useful Post:
motox33 (11-29-2020)
Old 10-05-2020

Longevity: 85%

Guys, what happened to the " MP EXODUS " topic that was in the Managed Payments thread ? It was here until last night, plenty of replys and over 1K views,
Old 10-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburnet View Post
Guys, what happened to the " MP EXODUS " topic that was in the Managed Payments thread ? It was here until last night, plenty of replys and over 1K views,
What did the thread consist of?
Old 10-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthnorris View Post
If there is a name mismatch and funds are being sent to your real bank account with creative details, will that cause problems with USA bank institutions?

When issuing refunds, I believe the name will appear every time a customer requests a refund which may cause problems in the system if it keeps appearing as a name mismatch.

Anyone that's already enrolled in MP and have mismatching details having any problems with this?
are you saying the customer sees the real name of the bank account during a return or ebay itself? I would think that a deposit from ebay from a sale would show the same info to ebay as a return would from ebay.
Old 10-21-2020

Quote:

After how many sales after registering to MP did users start to get NARU'd?
Old 10-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox33 View Post
are you saying the customer sees the real name of the bank account during a return or ebay itself? I would think that a deposit from ebay from a sale would show the same info to ebay as a return would from ebay.
Uploading funds from the bank account could show the real name to eb - not the customer
Old 10-21-2020

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Uploading funds from the bank account could show the real name to eb - not the customer
Also, with MB, issuing refunds first comes from your rolling balance. As long as you keep sales going, you shouldn't have to worry about eBay tapping into your bank details.
Old 10-21-2020

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
Also, with MB, issuing refunds first comes from your rolling balance. As long as you keep sales going, you shouldn't have to worry about eBay tapping into your bank details.
Did you mean MP sorry?
Old 11-16-2020

got this message

Im USA MP

" eBay has identified a possible discrepancy with the information provided at the time of registration. Your account registration information (Name and Address) must match your government-issued ID. According to your account ..... has been suspended without appeal."
Old 11-27-2020

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:

I've never used Amazon to sell but heard that it's near impossible to stealth on there but it is now apparent that eBay have moved in that direction. I am yet to hear anyone successfully stealthing on MP.

eBay are sick of losing fees to dodgy stealthers and having scammers ruin the eBay experience. Amazon is so powerful because of the customer experience.
Old 11-27-2020

Longevity: 34%

I would not judge too fast , ebay is in a far weaker position than amazon. amazon can indeed afford removing small sellers and concentrating on the bigger ones. same thing would be a deathblow to ebay with massive loss of fees and loss of a part of buyer base to competition. the one or the other way ebay will be forced to make MP easily accessible to small sellers , if they try to "pull an amazon" on them that is gonna cost $$$
The Following User Says Thank You to mike75493245 For This Useful Post:
harborpoint (11-28-2020)
Old 11-27-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 58%

Can any you say what service was used for the creative Driver Lic ?
Old 11-27-2020

Longevity: 44%

Nobody's going to post that in an open forum. Ever heard of Google?
The Following User Says Thank You to bytor3k For This Useful Post:
Shadyhero1002 (03-17-2021)