MP situation for EU accounts? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-20-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: MP situation for EU accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Thanks! They stopped giving that wirecard iban when it went south. They started offering citibank iban later, but only by request. Contact info above is wonderful!
Thank you! I hope it works!

@Guys, Anyone made stealth Payoneer account recently, selfie ID reqiuered ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
Thank you! I hope it works!

@Guys, Anyone made stealth Payoneer account recently, selfie ID reqiuered ?
Never ever they asked for a selfie. But that was few months ago. Nowadays - no idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
Aguero (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Never ever they asked for a selfie. But that was few months ago. Nowadays - no idea.
Hope it's not common to ask for that kind of verification on EU accounts. December 2019 post:

https://community.payoneer.com/en/di...t-approved-yet
Old 05-20-2021

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

with payoneer a lot depends on the country , the less reliable the country the more checks there will be

I fear however that checks for ebay will be stricter than for usual payoneer accounts because someone will have to deal with the credit card risks otherwise the partnership between ebay and payoneer will fail.

Several years ago payoneer had the same kind of partnership with amazon and it failed within a year due to massive abuse. At first payoneer was heavily advertised within seller accounts on amazon and later on they completely removed it. The risks are high indeed because light identity checks on payoneer for ebay would open the door to fraudsters who would be selling on ebay withdrawing to stealth payoneer and running away
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
with payoneer a lot depends on the country , the less reliable the country the more checks there will be

I fear however that checks for ebay will be stricter than for usual payoneer accounts because someone will have to deal with the credit card risks otherwise the partnership between ebay and payoneer will fail.

Several years ago payoneer had the same kind of partnership with amazon and it failed within a year due to massive abuse. At first payoneer was heavily advertised within seller accounts on amazon and later on they completely removed it. The risks are high indeed because light identity checks on payoneer for ebay would open the door to fraudsters who would be selling on ebay withdrawing to stealth payoneer and running away
Lets hope for the best. Payoneer is big and maybe will just eat frauds as profit from legit activity is still huge.
Old 05-20-2021

Activity: 1%

Hi everybody.

So, if I understand it.

In UK = you are have verification via bank account = thatīs mean, your name on ebay account need be the same like on the bank account.

I read, here in forum, that exist guy, who successfully verified his UK stealth account with stealth name and DOB and address.... only IBAN was real!!!

If our EU stealth account = will be have this verification ( I think via bank ), it will be easy and just we need change our stealth name on our real name and we are can keep stealth address and dob and all + real bank account.

But question is: What I need do, because my 3 EU stealth accounts have time to end today 20.05.2021. And I no have idea what I need do !!!!

I must change my stealth names on real names? ( and will be, if I get payoneer verification ???? I will be need verified 3 accounts on the saem name with different addresses?)

Or, I keep this stealth names and what will be, if I get verification via my bank account? Because name on my stealth ebay not be the same like on my real bank account.

Can somebody say answer for it?

And about payoneer = will be accepted stealth documents?

PLEASE HELP with this questions, any experience with this is GOOD for me.
Old 05-20-2021

I have asked a colleague from China how this works with the new payoneer system and this is the process:

once you have an invitation you will be able to create a new payoneer account or connect an existing one to ebay

then you will need to synchronize payoneer with ebay , during this process ebay will pull your personal data from payoneer and replace the existing data with the new data

then you will be asked to add a credit card as backup payment method on ebay

then you will send a request to payoneer through ebay to be verified by payoneer

after that it will be taking several weeks until you receive a request from payoneer to upload documents

once the documents have been uploaded payoneer will check them and possibly ask for additional information , this may take several weeks as well

once your account is verified payoneer will let know ebay that you can receive payments and MP will be activated then
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (05-31-2021)
Old 05-20-2021

basically it is similar to adyen and here everything will depend on the payoneer verification , if it passes you will be receiving all funds in USD on payoneer , if it does not pass your ebay account is toast
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to newstart123

Quote:
Seems to be Ayden. However no any clear info about it as for now. Still waiting for updates.
same in lithuania
Old 05-20-2021

another interesting thing here is that you apparently need to be verified regardless of whether you open a new payoneer account or use an existing payoneer account

this may mean that payoneer will be working differently from paypal where you could simply open a paypal account and connect to ebay without any special verification or disconnect one paypal and connect a new one.

here there seems to be mandatory verification for any payoneer account being connected to ebay and also automated data exchange to make sure the personal data on ebay and payoneer are identical
Old 05-20-2021

Activity: 52%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
another interesting thing here is that you apparently need to be verified regardless of whether you open a new payoneer account or use an existing payoneer account

this may mean that payoneer will be working differently from paypal where you could simply open a paypal account and connect to ebay without any special verification or disconnect one paypal and connect a new one.

here there seems to be mandatory verification for any payoneer account being connected to ebay and also automated data exchange to make sure the personal data on ebay and payoneer are identical
Then better to use any other IBAN, not payoneer ! And then you dont need to wait weeks !
Old 05-20-2021

IBAN will be allowed only where adyen is running MP , I think in almost all countries it will be payoneer only
Old 05-20-2021

Activity: 1%

Quote:
I have asked a colleague from China how this works with the new payoneer system and this is the process:

once you have an invitation you will be able to create a new payoneer account or connect an existing one to ebay

then you will need to synchronize payoneer with ebay , during this process ebay will pull your personal data from payoneer and replace the existing data with the new data

then you will be asked to add a credit card as backup payment method on ebay

then you will send a request to payoneer through ebay to be verified by payoneer

after that it will be taking several weeks until you receive a request from payoneer to upload documents

once the documents have been uploaded payoneer will check them and possibly ask for additional information , this may take several weeks as well

once your account is verified payoneer will let know ebay that you can receive payments and MP will be activated then
OK, but is possible create payoneer with stealth names and address and doband etc = all the same stealth info what I have in my ebay account?

Thatīs is really important!!!

Or It will be better change my stealth name on real name ?

Or if I change it and keep stealth address and dob and etc....

It will be works?

THANK YOU FOR ALL HELP INFORMATION.

I have las 1 hour for change it in my account.
Old 05-20-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond13 View Post
OK, but is possible create payoneer with stealth names and address and doband etc = all the same stealth info what I have in my ebay account?

Thatīs is really important!!!

Or It will be better change my stealth name on real name ?

Or if I change it and keep stealth address and dob and etc....

It will be works?

THANK YOU FOR ALL HELP INFORMATION.

I have las 1 hour for change it in my account.
they are not asking to change all details but to check if the country is correct and change the country. my best guess is that verification will depend on the laws of each individual country so they want to make sure that people are registered in the correct country
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
muzzie (05-21-2021), VeryVERO (05-22-2021)
Old 05-21-2021

Longevity: 29%

In the UK the name check service is called "Confirmation of Payee"

But with certain banks at least you are allowed to opt-out.

So what happens is your bank will tell Ebay that they cannot confirm the name with the microdeposits.

What happens then I don't know, maybe it will just go through and maybe not.
Old 05-22-2021

Longevity: 16%
Exclamation Re: MP situation for EU accounts?

Quote:
This is individual for each country , I think ebay will check government databases for all countries where adyen is accepting payments. I expect weaker checks with payoneer
ebay, Adyen and the like are private sector and don't have access to personal data kept by Authorities.
No way to check ID data with Authorities.
That's why when you open a Bank Acc. the Bank asks for all this info. If they could have it they could use that data and just do a face control with you.

At least that is within EU countries, Switzerland and some other countries soon to be in EU where personal data are greatly respected.
The only way to cross examine them is if a person consents for this with Authorities. Absolutely no way around it. And i have to say i don't know of any such case nor the possible existence of such and authorization or procedure.

There is one way though that one could use to determine whether you exist or not or whether data given correspond to real person's data and that is the VAT number which is unique and easy to verify whether it exists or not. In some cases if that person or economic entity has an international activity, one can verify the name, address etc with VIES very easily.
But if it's just a person with no international economic activity (declared) or no declared activity at all then that person's VAT can't be verified whether it belongs to that person or not.

When it comes to VAT numbers, they are not sequential, they have their last digit a "check digit" but there are VAT number generators on-line available i believe
But the VAT is a unique identifier.

The other fact (as some users have already correctly said in other threads) is that when you make a Bank transfer that transfer hasn't got a feedback for you, it's a one way thing. Meaning if you write down the name misspelled, it will nevertheless go through as long as the IBAN is correct. Of course if you give a wrong IBAN the transfer wont go through at all and will give an Error.
So when the IBAN is correct the money is transferred but you don't get a feedback of whether the name was correct or if and when the money arrive to the recipient.
That is the situation here in Europe with Banks in the SEPA area.

One can verify the name of the recipient if he sends a SWIFT. In such case if there's an obvious difference (not just a misspelled name) the SWIFT may bounce if the recipient's Bank decides so.
Of course SWIFT are used if you go to the Bank in person (at least from what i know until recently) it can also happen when an ACH transfer is made.
But there's no need for SWIFT or ACH in SEPA countries.

Additionally, from what i know and what i've seen in Adyen site, they ask for an ID number and not your ID scanned.
At least that's if their info is complete.
But even if they ask for your ID scanned, they can't verify the name of the IBAN.

Another thing is they can't verify your address. (Again i'm talking about EU countries). Some clearing houses / Merchants can verify given address with address on file but that's for Card payments, not IBAN transfers.
And Adyen is going to make Bank transfers. Please don't confuse the two methods as they are greatly different.

So the conclusion should be that Peter Pan could use the IBAN of Mickey Mouse to receive payments from Adyen / ebay.
Unless something change drastically in the near future, i believe the above facts will remain unaltered.
But have in mind Covid19 have set thing in motion and countries start to utilize the power of information technology, increased computing power and networking speed and thus start to link sectors that had been obscured for decades.
I hope i helped some
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VeryVERO For This Useful Post:
ak_am (06-07-2021), DVP1977 (05-31-2021), Pedroalva (06-26-2021), phaz0rz (05-31-2021)
Old 05-23-2021

I wish it was this way but it is possible to check addresses and id's in many countries. for example the UK offers a gateway to check validity of driving licences and passports against the government database. addresses can be checked as well easily in various EU countries incl. UK , Germany and Austria. In italy they can check codice fiscale and in Spain the internal ID number. And this is only what I know of
sax4 (05-23-2021)
Old 05-23-2021

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
I wish it was this way but it is possible to check addresses and id's in many countries. for example the UK offers a gateway to check validity of driving licences and passports against the government database. addresses can be checked as well easily in various EU countries incl. UK , Germany and Austria. In italy they can check codice fiscale and in Spain the internal ID number. And this is only what I know of
Do you have links for those services?
Old 05-23-2021

this is uk for example:

https://gds.blog.gov.uk/2020/11/16/t...lidity-checks/

this is italy:

https://telematici.agenziaentrate.go...r=verificaCfPf

in Germany and Austria and a number of other countries everybody needs to register at their address anyway so it is easy to check name/dob/address
DVP1977 (05-31-2021)
Old 05-23-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
this is uk for example:

https://gds.blog.gov.uk/2020/11/16/t...lidity-checks/

this is italy:

https://telematici.agenziaentrate.go...r=verificaCfPf

in Germany and Austria and a number of other countries everybody needs to register at their address anyway so it is easy to check name/dob/address
I wonder what it will be in countries where such checks are impossible.
Old 05-23-2021

I think there will be payoneer verification. and payoneer tends to have a weak verification which is very similar to paypal

I am sure we will soon see MP accounts here for sale with verified payoneer accounts connected to them. this is likely to be the new business model for most of the sellers here and it will likely be working. the only real issue here will be that new countries will need to get used to as people here traditionally sell ebay accounts from major countries

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 05-23-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2021

Longevity: 22%

But payoneer can do selfie verification :x