"We'll deduct the microdeposit amounts from your bank account within the next 3 days" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-14-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default "We'll deduct the microdeposit amounts from your bank account within the next 3 days"

I using a Natwest Savings account (missmatched names) for my mp on my stealh account.

I received the microdeposit and verified the account and everything but I got an email saying they will deduct the microdeposit from my savings account in the next 3 days...

Am I screwed? I don't think my savings account can send out payments :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: "We'll deduct the microdeposit amounts from your bank account within the next 3 d

Check if the account is direct deposit only - you could allow the deduction at the bank by deactivating that feature if I recall correctly
Old 06-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: "We'll deduct the microdeposit amounts from your bank account within the next 3 d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Check if the account is direct deposit only - you could allow the deduction at the bank by deactivating that feature if I recall correctly
Unfortunately my savings account doesn't allow any outgoing payments :(

It says the bank has been verified but I'm afraid of ebay catching on when they see the microdeposits can't be reclaimed.

So right now I'm not really sure what to do? Either wait and see what happens or add an account that will allow outgoing payments.
Old 09-03-2021

Longevity: 36%

Any update on this? I am in the same situation. Verified bank account with the micro-deposits and wondering if it will be a problem when eBay tries to take them back.
Old 09-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panterauk View Post
Unfortunately my savings account doesn't allow any outgoing payments :(

It says the bank has been verified but I'm afraid of ebay catching on when they see the microdeposits can't be reclaimed.

So right now I'm not really sure what to do? Either wait and see what happens or add an account that will allow outgoing payments.
So from my understanding if they cannot pull the micro deposits back then it will trigger an account review requesting documents such as passport/drivers license and bank statement and a credit check and if the name on the account does not exist ie: no credit history or not on the electoral roll then your account is toast I suspect.
Old 09-04-2021

Longevity: 15%

You need use checking account not saving account
Old 09-04-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
So from my understanding if they cannot pull the micro deposits back then it will trigger an account review requesting documents such as passport/drivers license and bank statement and a credit check and if the name on the account does not exist ie: no credit history or not on the electoral roll then your account is toast I suspect.
Interesting simple approach - failure of the micro deposits being taken back would be an easy trigger.
Old 09-04-2021

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
the ebay approach has not been that primitive , the primary attention goes to the actual bank rather than the bank account so that actual banks have been blocked completely including people with genuine details , matching names , confirmed and withdrawn micro deposits etc.

that is because there is no difference between a current and savings accounts apart from the fact that a savings account may not be used to pay sellers fees but there is a major difference between banks because some banks assign millions of accounts to financial companies who then rent out those accounts to almost anyone in almost any quantity and then they are frequently abused on ebay

something like this is certainly impossible with the likes of Natwest

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 09-04-2021 at 05:51 AM.