EBay Facing Collapse From Icahn’s PayPal Spinoff, Report Says - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay News

eBay News Do you have News About eBay? Spill it!

Old 01-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: EBay Facing Collapse From Icahn’s PayPal Spinoff, Report Says

I disagree with yotano211. The fact they are probably paying a fee to Wells Fargo for processing is a COST. If they get banking license and pay whatever fee that GOV wants. They basically can do credit card processing for free than pay Wells Fargo some fee every month to year to use there services.

If you think Paypal won't get a banking license and just sit there like a duck. The world is coming to end. Paypal has always been greedy and will always find a way to make more off of all us except big corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
Paypal will not be made into a bank, they are a payment processor and nothing more than that.

Last edited by littleredengine07; 01-30-2015 at 07:44 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2015

They are already considered as Pass Through FDIC. Why not go all way and become a bank that does credit card processing.

A merchant account is a type of bank account that allows businesses to accept payments by payment cards, typically debit or credit cards. A merchant account is established under an agreement between an acceptor and a merchant acquiring bank for the settlement of payment card transactions. In some cases a payment processor, independent sales organization (ISO), or member service provider (MSP) is also a party to the merchant agreement. Whether a merchant enters into a merchant agreement directly with an acquiring bank or through an aggregator, the agreement contractually binds the merchant to obey the operating regulations established by the card associations.
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 80%

if they become a bank u guys won't like it, plus they won't be able to hold our money like they currently do.

fact is eBay is holding paypal back from blooming into the beast it can become and other payment processors are cutting into payrolls payment market share.
Old 01-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
I disagree with yotano211. The fact they are probably paying a fee to Wells Fargo for processing is a COST. If they get banking license and pay whatever fee that GOV wants. They basically can do credit card processing for free than pay Wells Fargo some fee every month to year to use there services.

If you think Paypal won't get a banking license and just sit there like a duck. The world is coming to end. Paypal has always been greedy and will always find a way to make more off of all us except big corps.
If you think this way then kiss all of your many ebay and paypal accounts good bye. Seeyea, bye bye paypal accounts, BYE!!!!!.

If they do this they would have to reset every real account that has been banned over the years, I said real info accounts, not fa-ke accounts. I better get my job back on Wall Street back if this is the case.

I'm sure they make more money from normal fees than they would save in becoming a real bank and pay fees to Wells Fargo. Besides I dont think they pay that much in fees to Wells Fargo. Paypal is a huge client of theirs. They have room to renegotiate on favorable terms.

But these just ideas of my, we will see with time.
Old 01-30-2015

Longevity: 64%

I think if I was in charge of paypal I might just keep on rolling, they seem to have the money making thing working just fine!
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 59%

A. Anyone who seriously thinks eBay could collapse, I guarantee is wearing tin foil hat, or at least has one on the coffee table.

B. Why in the world would paypal want to become anything more in the direction of bank than they are now.......they live the perfect life now!! They don't have 5% of the restrictions a real bank does.....

Do you think your bank could hold your money for 180 days and not give you any reason??.......Anyone who thinks paypal wants to be a bank.......refer to the end of point A...
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 74%

I would like to see ebid or bonanza take off anything is better than ebay...........except in the way of sales!
The Following User Says Thank You to secret storm For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (04-22-2015)
Old 01-31-2015

Longevity: 55%

And that is all that matters of course, the sales, while eBay are still in the position they are in with sales, and that is clearly not going to change for the foreseeable future, everyone is going to visit the site to buy and browse and the rest of us are going to to do everything we can to stay selling on the site and get some of those sales ourselves.
Old 02-02-2015

Why a bank because they can make more money. Paypal is a joke of payment processor right now. As real payment processor they won't have to pay any other banks. Just process the payments themselves. They can also loan sellers money which they have been doing. (Paypal Working Capital) Plus issue credit cards back by them.

Banks still can hold your money for 180 days. Its part of every user agreement you sign up with a credit card processor. Paypal has billions of dollars, that 5% they probably can make that in weeks or in a month.

If paypal becomes a bank. Now you can use other credit card processors too. eBay can't use paypal solely like what they are doing now, but instead you can sign up for Wells Fargo, Chase or another bank for payment processing. Who really likes paypal at the end of day. The only reason we all tolerate them because all the buyers use them. But if buyers just need to put in credit info. I believe the majority prefers that.
If Paypal becomes a bank and eBay does what it does now. Banks would be all over them for anti-trust issues. Once you go bank your playing with the Big boys. When the big boys see you pulling that much green. They will go after you. Who has more power Paypal or Chases/Wells Fargo/Capital One/CitiBank/Bank of America (put all together)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
A. Anyone who seriously thinks eBay could collapse, I guarantee is wearing tin foil hat, or at least has one on the coffee table.

B. Why in the world would paypal want to become anything more in the direction of bank than they are now.......they live the perfect life now!! They don't have 5% of the restrictions a real bank does.....

Do you think your bank could hold your money for 180 days and not give you any reason??.......Anyone who thinks paypal wants to be a bank.......refer to the end of point A...

Last edited by littleredengine07; 02-02-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
I would like to see ebid or bonanza take off anything is better than ebay...........except in the way of sales!
Very tough for them to compete - more luck with etsy...
Old 02-02-2015

I was looking at esty. Is it gear more towards arts and crafts, home made items?

I hope eBay does NOT buy Esty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Very tough for them to compete - more luck with etsy...
Old 02-02-2015

Longevity: 97%

EBAY will collapse and i'll tell you why. I've said it once and I'll say it again; "There a bunch of bitchboy's that get a boner off of banning people." Amazon stays true to it's name its the jungle. Google needs to organize too many chiefs not enough Indians. Etsy will take off once Martha Stewart signs on, for all of those who thinks shes some kitchen bitch, she stood tall and didn't squeal she has more juice then half the Gambino Family.
Old 02-03-2015

I agree with your comment.lol A lot of bitch boys at eBay getting off on banning people.
I think a lot of them have high school diplomas at most. They were the bully at school. Flunk school. The best they can do is work for eBay/Paypal. Banning people helps them to cope with life and give them purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dub 1984 View Post
EBAY will collapse and i'll tell you why. I've said it once and I'll say it again; "There a bunch of bitchboy's that get a boner off of banning people." Amazon stays true to it's name its the jungle. Google needs to organize too many chiefs not enough Indians. Etsy will take off once Martha Stewart signs on, for all of those who thinks shes some kitchen bitch, she stood tall and didn't squeal she has more juice then half the Gambino Family.
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I was looking at esty. Is it gear more towards arts and crafts, home made items?

I hope eBay does NOT buy Esty.
You are correct with your understanding of etsy.

As for purchasing etsy by ebay...who knows what the future holds /eerie music
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 59%

You guys are dreaming.......there is no way eBay is going under.......not till a better eBay comes along, and there isn't one on the horizon.
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
I agree with your comment.lol A lot of bitch boys at eBay getting off on banning people.
I think a lot of them have high school diplomas at most. They were the bully at school. Flunk school. The best they can do is work for eBay/Paypal. Banning people helps them to cope with life and give them purpose.
Yeah given how cheap that company is I'm sure they recruited from a shallow gene pool... They recruit people from Radio Shack for Cris Sake..I got a good idea for the next eBay........

Part of the hiring process will be if you play dungeons and dragons you must undergo a mental health evaluation.
Old 02-04-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
You guys are dreaming.......there is no way eBay is going under.......not till a better eBay comes along, and there isn't one on the horizon.
Fundamentals look good.

http://www.thestreet.com/files/r/rat...EBAY_weiss.pdf
Old 03-04-2015

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Anything is possible, look at MF Global? What about lehman brothers? Remember QXL? They all collapsed. Personally I think ebay as lost its spirit, this is my theory anyway.
Old 03-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

PayPal IS the "crown jewel" in the eBay empire, but eBay is not going away any time soon. They have BILLIONS in sales and are still very profitable, although their growth prospects are somewhat limited. But as long as there is money to be made, eBay will be around for years to come.
Old 01-22-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof." Marcello Truzzi
Old 01-22-2016

Longevity: 49%

sales on this side still good, recession ova where?
The Following User Says Thank You to kowloonwolfpack For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (01-23-2016)