Amazing how things change.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Old 05-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Amazing how things change..

Wow, who would have ever thought I would be on here. One day everything's great, powerseller status, making good weekly money to compliment my actual weekly pay check...and then boom..

To go from making good money, to now struggling to pay the bills.. Its amazing how in a matter of minutes your whole life can change...

I'm trying to stay calm in the crisis, and just learn from here, and move on. Only this time I'm going to open a few accounts to protect myself.

I'm just really pissed, and wanted to vent.. Its hard to pay bills, and I'm arguing over money now with the wife..this sucks..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Jedi, True it does sux. But you have found the forum and hopefully you will find exactly how to beat the nasty ebay/paypal. Feel free to pm me
Good Luck
Old 05-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm just really nervous now and feel overwhelmed by all the information. At the same time I need to get right back online,like yesterday..lol

Everything happens at once. my wife got laid off 2 weeks ago, but we overcame that hardship due to our strong sales on eBay. Now that we got booted, we are stressing out, and she's freaking that we might lose the house if we don't get back online soon. I'm trying to learn as fast as I can..

I do have some other questions, I will def pm you..
Old 05-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

This is where you need to be. I was in the same picture as you in the beginning. Just read read read and ask questions if you need to. Get started ASAP and money shouldnt be too big of an issue for bills. Unless you have some nice cars/home
Old 05-25-2009

I had a thriving ebay business years ago which enabled me to pay for my child's medications since her other parent skipped town and wouldn't pay insurance/child support. eBay was my lifeblood as I put myself through school and supported a critically ill child. They took me down five times in 3 years and i did EVERYTHING they asked for. I felt helpless, like a lamb led to slaughter when I realized i couldn't do anything and everytime I called pp to get things "resolved" they were actually collecting info on me, my phone number etc. and treating me as though I was a criminal. :( It was a real "scheme" on their part - all because i was selling jewelry that looked like another brand (but I didn't list it as such). I mixed in true branded items (unrelated to jewelry like purses, sunglasses, etc) that apparently vero questioned (even though they were 100% authentic) just to get buyers to my stuff. After getting out of school finally and securing a real job, I lost it back in feb. due to lay offs and wasn't there long enough to help me. I want desperately to sell again on eBay but safely so I don't lose all my hard work and hours and hours - is there some place to start (a new "returners" forum since I've been gone so long?

Or are there suggestions on what is selling and do I steer clear of branded items? The postings are all so encouraging - I'm grateful to have found you all. i finally feel some hope as I'm about to be evicted and need to do something so we don't lose our place to live. What is the best way to go if I am not computer technology-type literate? I'd love nothing more than to beat ebay/paypal at their own game and survive.