** Ebayhateluvs Story.. ** - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Old 03-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by siashay View Post
How could you put a keylogger on someones computer? I thought you had to have access to the computer to do that. I read it on some website about cheating husbands or something?
There's two kinds of keyloggers. One is just like a virus or trojan, you pick it up through an email attachment or from a nasty website if you don't have a good antivirus installed, or sometimes through a direct attack on your PC by a really good hacker via the internet. The other kind is a device that you physically attach inside the keyboard, and it reads the signals sent by the keyboard to your PC.

You only need physical access to the PC for the second kind (not for the first). Its advantage, however, is that it can't be detected by any antivirus at all. This is probably the kind sometimes used on cheating hubbies since it's so hard to detect.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

ebayhateluv - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Mother a few years ago and she and I were close, part of me died the day my Mom left this world.
I just thank God everyday my Mom had lots of Kids and raised her 7 children to be close and to be there for each other no matter what.

You are so blessed to still have your Mom with you.

As for Frank the creep, I believe in karma, "what goes around comes around".
Old 03-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 95%

ebayhateluv, you have made lemons out of lemonade, and you are a super business woman and mom too! God Bless, and you deserve the best. I hope you take time to enjoy your family, and have fun too.
Old 03-09-2008

Longevity: 98%

ebayhateluv, do you have any idea how the keylogger got onto your system?
Old 03-11-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Good story ebayhateluv, I finally got around to reading it and wow... I'm sorry about your father as well. It's sad seeing people you love go like that.

I'm glad I created this forum, and my eBay guides to help people like you out. It really makes it all worth it to see you guys succeed again. Ebay is a cut throat business, with real shady people poking around at all times. I've dealt with the best and worst of people, and Frank seems like the type of person I would want seen beaten with bats.

I don't deal with shady people like that; I just get above and beyond even.

Anyway, you're doing well now with your accounts; business is booming again the last I heard. I'm working on your website for you, so you'll have a back up plan. It seems like Frank is gone and everything is looking up again.

You seem much more prepared now. You're hoping for the best and you're ready for the worst. Who cares if you lose an account here are there; you have many unlinked backups ready to go. You're super women and a role model to everyone on the forums.

I'm glad you found the forums for both my sake and yours.

Talk to you later,
Old 03-12-2008

im only 15 and i learnt in the world of business and money there is not such things as 'friends' its a dog eat dog world and anyone would try to back stab you and back stab you as hard as they can.
Old 03-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Slavaja, this is the time for you to be finding out about life. You will then 'grow'
and be able to deal with what I call a****s. Good Luck.
A lot of good people here will help.
Old 03-15-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

The world is not all bad Slavaja, there are good people and bad people out there. But for the most part good out weighs the bad.

Just don't put your self at risk of be taking advantage of. When someone sees they can get away with something with little or no risk, they tend to try and risk it. Don't give someone the opportunity to screw you over and always have a back up plan if things go bad.

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
Old 03-15-2008

You should write a book Ebayhateluv
Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Not me.. thats for Management..
I like to sell, and spend the money on my kids...
(+ talk on my cell )
Old 03-20-2008

Longevity: 99%

Unputdownable story !!!

You again reach over my expectations in every aspect. Sorry for you dad tho, Ebayhateluv.
Old 03-22-2008

Wow, that's some story! I find it absolutely amazing that after building up such a strong, long relationship with ebay, and them clearly seeing you are such a large, trusted seller, how they can simply pull the plug on you like that? That really is sick.

This company has such a cold heart.
Old 03-23-2008

Longevity: 98%

Okay, I just thought over this and there's some things missing?

How did you get Frank finally banned? You said you kept having to get his accounts banned over and over? How did you keep getting him banned without a key logger? And how did you finally get him completely banned?
Old 03-23-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, JOnas:
Ha...
Well, thats between the Hacker and the Computer Forensics Expert I hired, I never asked any questions.
I paid them, they delivered. Thats all i know.. )
Old 04-04-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

First of all, everyone, not just ebay sellers, must install these software on their computers: anti-virus, anti-spyware, & firewall. I recommend Norton Anti-virus, Ad Aware anti-spyware, and Zone Alarm firewall; the latter two are freeware. With these programs running, there's should be enough security against most hackings and spying. A router bewtween the modem and computer also gives some more security. Make sure to configure the router security properly, especially the wireless function, otherwise it becomes a risk too. Start with a fresh Operating System install, or do a clean out scan before using that computer for any important purpose. A software that dis-enables web scripts such as Active-X and javascripts is recommended when you want to visit an unknown or suspicous website. Configure your web browser to ask if you allow a website's cookie or not, block all cookies from untrustworthy or unknown website.

Two: Never click on links or buttons in any email, especially from unknown sender. Be very cautious even on emails from friends and contacts. Learn to avoid phishing scams.

Three: Always deal with warnings from ebay, especially repeated warnings.

Four: Never delete emails that may provide evidence in future. Save emails and messages from nasty buyers or members as evidence. Put them in a mail folder for future reference.

Five: Contact the police or FBI if a you think or understand that a cyber crime has been commited on you. Hackers can be traced in most cases, there's always some kind of forensic evidence. It doesn't hurt to try to get police involved in the matter, they are free, you know. At worse, they simply refuse to get involve.

Hopes these help.
Old 04-15-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I'm new to this whole getting suspended from ebay thing. I thought I got screwed, but after reading your story ebayhateluv, I have nothing to complain about. I'd like to kick Frank in the balls for ya.
Old 04-20-2008

Longevity: 96%

wow what a story and i thought i got screwed by ebay that is just incredible, good that you seem to be up and running again.
Old 04-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
wow what a story and i thought i got screwed by ebay that is just incredible, good that you seem to be up and running again.
I can't say that I was treated unfairly - IT WAS MY OWN DAMN FAULT!

But I still want back on!
Old 04-22-2008

Longevity: 92%

Touching and interesting story. All the best to ya.
Old 04-23-2008

wow, read the whole story sounds like a hollywood movie.
Old 04-24-2008
Threadstarter  

FOLKS.. I am back up and running--doing MORE Volume than this Period last year-- ALL BECAUSE OF ASPKIN..

I now have 3 PS Accts, all doing over $5k/month in Volume, and have several others, with over 200 fb..
BUT..this time around "IF" Ebay gets me, they will get 1, possibly 2 accts, but NOT ALL..
Old 04-24-2008

goodluck staying up
i hope to be in your position one day.