Using ebay from foreign location - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 08-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to geng_zard
Default Using ebay from foreign location

Guys,

Any posts talking about using VPN in a country to sell items in the US? If I have a bank account and everything in US, can I do it? What about an issue with the item location??

Anyone? Please HELP!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Here's the problem. You are accessing THIS forum with a detectable IP. Your flag is USA but in fact you are in Thailand.

That is something ebay/paypal will pick up quickly. If you want to go the right way, it's very complex. VPN is not workable, imo.

Tell us what you have as regards to looking as if you are in the USA...
Old 08-27-2011
Threadstarter  

oh yea...I just noticed that my flag is USA. I have used ibVPN service to watch TV show from USA. I do not login right now but why does it locate me there??....

That's why my Thai account is limited. T_T HELPPP
Old 08-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Do you a better way to get ebay and paypal up again in Thailand? I just lost mine 2 days ago T_T
Old 08-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you can check if a proxy is detected via various software or online ip checkers....so check yourself and then you will know for sure.
Old 08-29-2011
Threadstarter  

I did check with whatismyipaddress.com. It locates me in Bangkok, Thailand, which is correct but in here....I have the US flag.
Old 09-05-2011

Longevity: 83%

how good is selling in Thailand ebay with pp ??
Old 09-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

You have US flag because that is the one you picked? you can change your flag under user CP....

VPN is tough, people here do not share companies with good unique working VPN as they are hard to find. VPS are bit more expensive and they are cutting way down on amount of unique IPs they are giving out nowadays.....

a good unique IP should show as in the country you want to be in and no proxies detected...
Old 09-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Selling things on eBay from Thailand is slow...I still don't know the best way to pass the new seller limitation, 10 items a month. Anyone know faster ways?

oompaloompa - Yes. I moved from NY to Bangkok and didn't change the flag lol
Old 09-16-2011

Longevity: 73%

I was selling ****, ahem, quality items from China using my UK account and another one I made when I arrived. I had no problems, I occasionally used a VPN but that was only to speed things up when my normal connection was being ****.

I had no problems at all with the original account. The second one (set up with a UK address, but made when in China) needed documents, id etc sending but that was no problem.

About the item location - I used to lie. I left the location as the UK and then mentioned in the listing that I was sending from China. You can get busted by ebay for this - but I never had any problems with it.

Then I got a **** load of vero warnings and suspensions and that crap so I changed my location to China just incase someone reported me for lying about the item location. It made little difference to be honest, I was still selling a fair amount of stuff.

So basically avoid VPN's, they are not necessary. What is necessary is the documentation to send to them to back up who you are and what your permanent address is.

That's my experience anyway.

Oh and about the 10 item limit - there's no way around it apart from opening multiple accounts.

Have you tried opening a legit thai account? I have tried and failed miserably trying to get a legit Chinese account. I have Chinese friends who also can't get accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to FizzyFish For This Useful Post:
Elijah (11-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the great info, FizzyFish!!!

That's exactly what I am looking for.
So...You are using UK account with local IP address in China and you never had problems with it. Then you edited the item location to China and it has worked so far. Now all of accounts, VCC and stuff are based in China. Am I right???
Old 09-17-2011

No probs man - that's what this place is for right!?

You are right on the first two, not the last.

I have only just got up and running with stealth - but I have based my new account in the UK again. The main reason is, if you go to the China or HK ebay to set up an account then you get a Chinese page that can't be translated easily with any software. So my plan (actually advice from an ebay employee!) was to set up an UK account and then change the address lock stock to my/a Chinese address.

I haven't done that yet. I am sticking with the UK address for my 1st stealth cos I have documentation for that.

I will probably make my next account using my/a China address. I have no experience of actually doing that and selling.

I know that it is possible to change the address to any other country you like - cos I did it to several other accounts that I was (unsuccessfully) trying to get up and running before I found this site.
Old 09-18-2011

Longevity: 75%

Should item location same ebay country account
Old 09-19-2011

No. I don't think so. Item location and the country where the account is located can be different.

Loads of people do drop shipping - Account based in the UK, items shipped from China etc.
Old 11-14-2011

Longevity: 72%

yeh when i used to sell on ebay, had an account originally opened in UK and was shipping from china.

Although when listing the item i did put the location down as Hong kong and changed my ebay address as mainland china...had no issues with this..