What has changed with eBay & linking? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-27-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default What has changed with eBay & linking?

My old eBay account was suspended for "Abusing eBay Policy" late last Summer. This was totally unsupported by my activity as I was a stickler for the rules and followed them closely. Unfortunately, eBay will not tell you specifically what you did wrong - probably because there isn't an answer. Since then I have memorized Aspkin's guide and went Stealth. At first I lost a few accounts for being linked but I was doing OK. I was usually juggling 15 accounts at a time with another 20 or so aging. Then, in the last month or two - eBay has suspended every single one for being linked to this old account. After appealing these suspensions - I did what they asked and I appealed the suspension of the original account. No Dice. Today I had an account suspended for "Abusing eBay Policy" - which hasn't happened to me since the first account. This was a 3 month old account that I had not used yet. I bought something through it last weekend and I listed 3 items today. Within minutes of the listings being posted - I was suspended. Here is my question:
Does eBay have new weapons to spot suspended members that are not mentioned in the guide that Aspkin was selling late last Summer? I have several new accounts ready to set up but before I do I want to make sure that I am not making the same mistakes I have made with all these other accounts. During a phone call to eBay recently, the eBay person revealed that it might have something to do with being linked with my financial information. I don't know if this is true but they must be seriously gunning for me. I know the drill though. At least I think I do. Any ideas of what has caused my new accounts to be linked after several months of success? I have decided to sell off all my inventory and try something new - but I have a fair amount to sell first. I do not want to continue to spend time listing items only to have them pulled when I get suspended. I use different listing techniques and usually different photo's. I follow Aspkin's guide to the word. I just don't understand what is going on. Do you think that they are really gunning for me? Do you think that they are looking closely at all new accounts in my metro area? Do they really have that much time on their hands that they can focus on me like this? Or can they track my computer? Help if you can.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-27-2009

Longevity: 91%

Did you have different windows user for each Ebay account or you just cleared ccokies, switched IPs etc?
Old 04-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What downer to lose a new account.
Have you kept a spread sheet of everything with all info? 'Memory' fails just when it is badly needed. Did you do everything Lyda said when operating the accounts?
Analysis: you are linked with what you are doing. That request for getting the account back has 'flaggged' every account that has some resemblence to it.

How/Why: Same Bank.Same inventory. Same geographic area. In ebay eyes
you are not a new person,imho. ebay bots see Julie Smith living in Hicksville,
using Bank of Cuckooland selling xyz goods. ebay bots see Pamela Anderson living in Hicksville, using Bank of Cuckooland selling xyz goods. Linkable & will be regarded as abusing ebay.

Doduble check all accounts & see if there is a common factor.Please advise what you determine.
Brendaleigh (05-04-2009)
Old 06-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Default Why I got suspended - over and over

I think that I know what has linked my accounts - or at least put me in the cross-hairs of eBay T&S dept. I was listing the same items. They then put my accounts under a microscope and saw that they were all from a similar area. I do use separate User Accounts (I have a Mac computer) and I always use a new IP when I access different accounts. Another thing that I might have done to red flag my accounts is that I accessed them back to back - even with different IP's. I think that it is a combination of suspicious behavior - primarily the selling of the same merchandise -which by the way is on their HOT LIST - is what got them to really watch for me. I have since taken a month off from Selling - only buying on some new accounts, and I re-read the Stealth Book, set up new accounts in different states, with good call forwarded phone numbers, Credit cards registered to the name on the eBay and PAYPAL account, and new bank accounts from a variety of different banks. I have even gone so far as to set up Seller accounts with a few of my new accounts but I am going to spread this activity out so that they don't see me doing this all in one day. Am I paranoid? You bet! I will start by Selling stuff around the house and buying on these new accounts. Eventually, I will slowly start listing my old inventory trying to change the design of my listings. I will probably wait until Fall for my really HOT items. I think that eBay is watching for me.

One question though: When I buy on eBay with these Stealth accounts, how do I have my merchandise shipped to my home address when I have a different address registered for the account I am using. For the one account I have been using to buy stuff lately, I have just edited the shipping address when I check out to my own address, with no problems -but all I have done on this account is buy. Most Seller's (including me) will not ship to an Un-Confirmed address. The only way to have it show up as Confirmed with the payment is to change it when you are checking out. How do people get around that? I can't buy stuff and have it shipped to some address that I just looked up. If I ask the Seller to ship to a different address they will most likely say no (I would) and might even turn me in because I am using a new account. How do I buy stuff and get it shipped to me without giving away personal information that is linked to a suspended account?
Old 06-02-2009
Banned

Longevity: 95%

I have posted on a few other threads that the most important thing after being VERO is to change your ad and description. I certain word or phrase you used has been "tagged" and you are being suspended by killbots. Best to find a powerseller selling the same item and use there ad to list, with minor changes. By the way Ebay motors is ten times harder to get by the regular Ebay.
Old 06-03-2009
Threadstarter  

I didn't get VERO'd - ever. I do sell a couple very HOT LISTED items - but I always sell authentic. I agree that I need to make more changes in the way I do my listings - but it is hard because I want to present my product the best way I can and I always include lots of photo's because good photo's sell. It is hard to make listings that are less than the best just to throw eBay off, but I agree, they are looking for connections in many ways and this is one of them. I wonder if I was only selling items that are not HOT LISTED if I would be having so much trouble. I suspect not. Unfortunately, I am selling what I know and love. I have no idea what I can sell that isn't HOT LISTED but I can find at wholesale prices and find Buyer's for on eBay.
Old 06-04-2009
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Try it out for your self if you have an account to burn. Copy a powerseller selling the same item or use the bare minimum to describe it. Once it posts 12 hours later revise it to your old ad and if you get the immediate suspension you know they "tagged" a part of your ad. I don't think they track pitures, but a strip all EXIF data from them and label the 1,2,3..etc. just to be safe.

Last edited by sycore; 06-04-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaleigh View Post
I was usually juggling 15 accounts at a time with another 20 or so aging. Then, in the last month or two - eBay has suspended every single one for being linked to this old account.
Why don't you just list in ONE Account and buy your stuff on ONE Account. I see that you are trying to manage too many accounts than you can handle thus causing you to make unintentional mistakes to get you linked and suspended. Ever heard of the term "KISS"

And for getting sellers to ship to your REAL address please look at my past post here. http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...html#post87502

BooMer