Not all eBay accounts suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-05-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Not all eBay accounts suspended

I have four eBay accounts one of which was suspended two months ago for out of eBay deals (which you can read about here http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...bay-deals.html ). However I have three other accounts. Two personal and one is business.

What I was wondering is under certain circumstances do eBay only suspend one account or have they simply not linked them even though I use the same home address and computer for them?

Also I'm thinking of moving so so when I do move should I change my computer IP, phone number and update all details at the same time so there is not an over lap with new and old details?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cape For This Useful Post:
PhillyGuy (05-08-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Not all eBay accounts suspended

Honestly, no one cal assure you of whether your other accounts will get banned/or not banned. I would recommend you get different IP's for each of those 3 accounts, maybe move them to separate User Accounts.....start separating them from each other.
Old 05-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Start separating them from each other.
What is your best advice for this I find with eBay I think I have update all my personal information but as they have so many different places it is stored i.e. registration address, primary postage address, primary returns address and primary pot from address. Basically they store your personal information in so many different places changing it all is hard.
Old 05-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Its best that you buy the guide and read / re-read it... The steps you are taking are kind of drastic (Moving) Unless you were going to do it anyway.. but separating accounts is not hard to do and maintain.

Good luck
Old 05-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
The steps you are taking are kind of drastic (Moving) Unless you were going to do it anyway.. but separating accounts is not hard to do and maintain.
I was going to do it anyway and though it might be a good way to separate thing further plus as I need a new phone I can do that to. I figured I'd go into a library and use there Wifi to change my contact details.

Then forget about the suspended account as I can't seem to delete it.
Old 05-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
I was going to do it anyway and though it might be a good way to separate thing further plus as I need a new phone I can do that to. I figured I'd go into a library and use there Wifi to change my contact details.

Then forget about the suspended account as I can't seem to delete it.
Please don't use a public Wifi...they are not great for Stealth.
Old 05-06-2017
Threadstarter  

In another thread this was said. "I was able to get back using my own name for half a year once I moved. But eBay will soon realize my info was linked and suspended me without sending any email. I never try to call in since I thought they must have linked me to my old account".

I guess this answers my question. Accounts can spontaneously be linked and shut. I wonder if the accounts have not been shut because I used variations of my first name in them all.

This raises another question. What were eBay doing for six months? Why did it take that long to link his accounts?
Old 05-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
In another thread this was said. "I was able to get back using my own name for half a year once I moved. But eBay will soon realize my info was linked and suspended me without sending any email. I never try to call in since I thought they must have linked me to my old account".

I guess this answers my question. Accounts can spontaneously be linked and shut. I wonder if the accounts have not been shut because I used variations of my first name in them all.

This raises another question. What were eBay doing for six months? Why did it take that long to link his accounts?
Ebay uses software that is probably running 24/7, that being said....dont assume they fell asleep at the wheel. There's a post where someone lost 30 accounts all at once. In some cases it's only a matter of time.
Old 05-07-2017

Longevity: 60%
Default Not all eBay accounts suspended

My question is I am using VPN and l have new IP or reversed IP every time but l have 1 laptop and 1 phone for 4G and VPN as well. Does eBay also track the model of the mobiles and laptops as well. Exp: Iphone 7+ and Macbook 12" for all 3/4 accounts. What exactly eBay and PayPal tracks if ExpressVPN is not safe?
Old 05-10-2017

Longevity: 72%

If the details and IP were the same, they'll be coming for you. It may be weeks, months, or even years but they're coming.

I had a linked set of several accounts once and and over 18 months they got them all, one by one.

Develop alternate accounts now and get them up and running.

It's going to happen, so prepare for the worst while you have time.

You got lucky, you didn't lose all your income at once, use that breathing room wisely.
Old 05-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Develop alternate accounts now and get them up and running.

It's going to happen, so prepare for the worst while you have time.
This is good advice and I'm going to take it. What I'm wondering is as eBay seem to be getting desperate i.e. unsuspending suspended accounts and clearly being desperate for money is- what if they suspended my main selling account which was a good account (top rated seller and £50,000 selling limit) and let me continue selling on my other ones as there was no way I was going to do it again and loose another good account?

Again I can't assume this but that's what I'm thinking.

Plus the other thing I'd like to know is why did it take 18 month to suspend your other accounts? What were they doing for 18 months?
Old 05-19-2017

Longevity: 72%

Don't know what they were doing, and don't care. The more time I had the better.

I tightened up my act and it didn't happen again.