Help! Old suspended account came back to haunt me! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Help! Old suspended account came back to haunt me!

After lurking for quite some time I've finally bit the bullet and joined the forum.

I'd like the advice of the wise folk here on a problem I'm facing regarding an old suspended account from years ago...

I'll keep the story short. I had one account, made in the 1990s, which (through an unexpected car crash and subsequent hospital stay) ended up with a stack of negs, and it got permanently banned from selling. Still able to buy things with it, unsure if that's usual or not. I have not logged into it in ten years.

I had a second account for buying things, so I started selling with that occasionally (none of the same products), eventually letting it sit with twenty or so BuyItNow items on permanently. In the last couple years it sat unused with nothing for sale.

Around five years ago I started a third account, built it up and it's now my main store. A month ago I decided to branch out and sell something completely different, so I started selling with the unused second account. I soon maxed it out (900 listings) and with more stock on the way, I called ebay to get the limits raised before Christmas. I've done this in the past for the third account (my store) and every time had no problem at all raising the limits.

This was different. The gentleman on the phone started out pleasant, then told me that because it was linked to the first account (the permanently banned one), that I was not allowed to ever sell on ebay again, with any account, ever. "Try another marketplace" was his exact words. I hurriedly got off the phone, had a stiff drink, and waited for the world to come crashing down on me.

Except it's been over two weeks now and nothing happened. Both my accounts still have the same limits, and I've got no sign that anything has happened. For some reason, unless there's a note somebody hasn't gotten around to acting upon, it looks like I may not have screwed myself over.

My question is; what should I do with the first account that's banned from selling? Leaving it alone has worked up until now, but it seems like it's lurking in the shadows just waiting for some new code to be written, linking it with my other accounts and getting me permanently banned.

Should I log in (with tor or something similar), and deactivate the account? Change the email and contact details?

What's the best course of action?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Help! Old suspended account came back to haunt me!

I would leave it alone and never log back into it anymore.

Something has linked you all of a sudden and I suggest you follow the steps in the stealth guide to remedy this
Old 12-23-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Are you sure 1990? Don't think eBay was born in 1990 or before?? It was in early 2000
Old 12-24-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Are you sure 1990? Don't think eBay was born in 1990 or before?? It was in early 2000

1995 ebay was founded
Old 12-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP said in the 1990s...shrug

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth

Forget all this messy past - sorry to hear about the hospital stay and order mess up but eb/pp has heard this story many many times and it won't fly well with them.

Stealth works - it's powerful - use it.
Old 12-26-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your replies. Still haven't had any trouble as yet, just waiting to see what happens at the end of the month or whenever it is the selling limits are automatically audited.

The account (which I'll continue to leave alone, thanks for the tip) was started in the late 90s as I mentioned. And yep, I'm guesssing the whole "I've been in hospital" thing is often trotted out, I've had the same from dodgy buyers at different times.

I'll have to see what happens, but it's good to know this forum's here so if the worst does happen, I can get back to selling using stealth.
Old 12-31-2017

Longevity: 72%

Don't be in such a hurry. They'll get around to it eventually. It took them around a year to exterminate my linked accounts one by one, they gave me time to build up each one until it was really doing well before they killed it off so they could hurt me even more by snatching away any hope I had.

EB's motto, if they were honest, should be "Fill your cart with your dreams we crushed".

Start some stealth accounts now and build them up for when the day eventually comes.

Otherwise your cart will be filled with shattered dreams as well.
Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Hehe that's certainly reassuring

My only other question (to anybody), does stealth work in Australia?
Old 01-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollotomasi View Post
Hehe that's certainly reassuring

My only other question (to anybody), does stealth work in Australia?
Lot of users around here from Australia - few good friends of mine as well...they use stealth principles and it works