a " routine "eBay account restriction - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-26-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default a " routine "eBay account restriction

Hi all , just i would like to share my experience, i am so disappointed. yesterday i got this message from eBay:
" We regularly review accounts to keep eBay a safe and fair marketplace for our members. As part of our security checks, we sometimes require a seller to contact us so that we can verify their information.

To verify your account, please contact us by clicking on the link below (you may be asked to sign in):
http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?q...main=email1505

While we're waiting on your response, we've temporarily placed a selling hold on your account. This hold will prevent you from listing new items. Also, if you had any active listings, we've removed them, and placed them in your Unsold folder. We credited any associated fees to your account.

Once we verify your account information, you'll be able to start selling again right away. You'll also be able to relist items from your Unsold folder by clicking Relist to the right of the listing."

So i have looked around here on the forum, and users told this is only a routine verification... so i have contacted with eBay immediately. i could not contact them via phone because that option is temprorarly unavailable. So i went for the ebay uk chat. they asked question : is it personal or selling account? i said personal and selling for my personal items. after agent asked how will i ship my item, i told with royal mail tracked delivery. after verifying this i have been told i am restricted indefinitely. So this is not really normal verification as you experienced, sorry. i am sad. but i will focus to my another accounts.. Great day , stay safe. (this account has been created 2 months ago and already sold some items on this account without any issues)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: a " routine "eBay account restriction

you called me a liar, shame on you. this is my experience even if you dont like my thread. i had uk ip with vodafone uk sim card. i used mobile net with uk ip. phone option is also unavailable for my another working ebay uk accounts too (i have checked now) i have more than 10 accounts so i am not so noob like you think. i just wanted to reflect that this type of restriction is not only a routine process. thats all. i think chat will always ban your account but there is no phone option on ebay uk right now. maybe you need check this before you write me i am a liar. Rude.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theking27 For This Useful Post:
e2free (04-26-2020), sax4 (04-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2020

Longevity: 43%

Another lesson I learnt is, "Never play fool with paypal guys on phone". Speak professionally with seriousness in your business. Not all paypal support people are newbies, there are many experts like CIA too
Old 04-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

@theking27, might be worth contacting ebay again, hoping for a different agent and trying a different approach keeping in mind what posters here have told you
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
theking27 (04-26-2020)
Old 04-26-2020
Threadstarter  

thanks for your tip, i 've tried to contact them again via chat , but no chance, they can see that i have already contacted them regarding to this restriction and no change their decision. no problem, fortunately it was a 2 months old account with some low risk items, so i am not so worried...just i thought i will pass it easily, based on user experiences:(
Old 04-26-2020
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: i have contacted third times with ebay Uk live chat,and agent reinstated my account, i do not believe it! Thanks for useful tip @rsot honor you.
Old 04-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theking27 View Post
UPDATE: i have contacted third times with ebay Uk live chat,and agent reinstated my account, i do not believe it! Thanks for useful tip @rsot honor you.
Its really down to agent, goodluck